• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australian Rugby / RA

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I'm sorry but we need to open up selection to world wide. This is getting silly, we can't afford not to select our best. Our talent overseas is growing and growing, we're playing with one hand tied behind our back if we continue domestically.

I'm starting to come to the same view. The Wallabies are still our premium product and if we can't select our best players we can't perform at our best.

eastman

Colin Windon (37)
I'm starting to come to the same view. The Wallabies are still our premium product and if we can't select our best players we can't perform at our best.
I still think it’s short sighted and sugar hit. Eventually any player of any ability will head overseas and the local product will be worthless.

All this does is mean that there’s even less eyeballs on rugby, and eventually an even smaller player pool and more importantly casual market.

The Australian public loves local successful teams with superstars- think Izzy, Quade Cooper and Will Genia and co.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
New RMWilliam collab. $169 jerseys.

Where are the historians, what's the significance of the chevron in the jersey design, obviously NRL have adopted it as key aspect of their logo so i'm just wondering whether it's a shared history from the time the codes split?
ecc92fac-200b-45b4-859b-e54b5a057a19.png
Wallabies
These are horrid. It's Circular Quay tourist trap merch in look.

Probably sell out somehow but farking hell.

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I still think it’s short sighted and sugar hit. Eventually any player of any ability will head overseas and the local product will be worthless.

All this does is mean that there’s even less eyeballs on rugby, and eventually an even smaller player pool and more importantly casual market.

The Australian public loves local successful teams with superstars- think Izzy, Quade Cooper and Will Genia and co.
The local product is already worthless.

Aside from the Reds completely collapsing there is no element of the competition that from a $ perspective could get any worse

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
According Agustin Pichot, Phil Waugh told him that RA owes 60 million (I don't know if is Aussie or American dollars)

He also said that the strongest Unions nowadays are England and France in NH and NZ and SA in SH. Australia is a weak partnetr due to their debts and is tied hand and foot. For that reason NZ and SA dared to create their own tours without Australia

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
According Agustin Pichot, Phil Waugh told him that RA owes 60 million (I don't know if is Aussie or American dollars)

He also said that the strongest Unions nowadays are England and France in NH and NZ and SA in SH. Australia is a weak partnetr due to their debts and is tied hand and foot. For that reason NZ and SA dared to create their own tours without Australia
Where did you hear that Marce. 60 Mill seems an awful lot of debt doesn't it?

LeCheese

Jim Lenehan (48)
RA's debt is well documented, so I'm not sure why there's any surprised remarks.

The 2023 financial report had RA's debt at $89m (including $50m drawdown from the $80m PE loan) - if $60m is now being thrown around, we're on the up baby!

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
Where did you hear that Marce. 60 Mill seems an awful lot of debt doesn't it?
In an recent Agustin Pichot's interview. The podcast is in Spotify but is in Spanish

Last edited:

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
RA's debt is well documented, so I'm not sure why there's any surprised remarks.

The 2023 financial report had RA's debt at $89m (including $50m drawdown from the $80m PE loan) - if $60m is now being thrown around, we're on the up baby!
American or Aussie dollars? Cause AU$ 89m are US 59.18m...

LeCheese

Jim Lenehan (48)
American or Aussie dollars? Cause AU$ 89m are US 59.18m...
I mean, I don't speak Spanish so can't comment on the context, but I wouldn't think Waugh would be speaking in USD. So unless Pichot's done the conversion, if he's saying 'Waugh told me $60m', you'd assume it's AUD.

Srgnt Short Ball

Herbert Moran (7)

It is sad to see us slowly fading out of the company of the greatest rugby countries in the world.