• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australian Rugby / RA

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
I prefer this graphic:

most-traded-currencies-value.jpg

It's more eloquent

US 87%
AU 6.9%
NZ 2.1%

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
McKellar gone at Leicester

Leicester Tigers can confirm the departure of Dan McKellar from his role as Head Coach with immediate effect.

The decision has been mutually agreed following extensive discussions regarding the club’s future direction.

McKellar joined Tigers in July 2023

We thank Dan for his contribution to Leicester Tigers and wish him, Carla, Amelie and Maya well for the future.

Could you imagine a worse career for your family?

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
From a source with knowledge Tahs wanted 11 ex Rebels, 7 refused point blank, Kellaway was one of the 11, the other 3 are still negotiating

My understanding from reading the article on roar - those players have no obligation to play at Waratahs and they’ll still get their salary next year but be forced to play club rugby wherever they choose

Reactions: dru

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
My understanding from reading the article on roar - those players have no obligation to play at Waratahs and they’ll still get their salary next year but be forced to play club rugby wherever they choose
Yeah, that's absolutely the case (assuming those players don't take an overseas contract) though I don't believe it'll come to that. With RA having to pay their salaries they'll end exploring salary cap exemptions to get the players where they're happy going and other opportunities like 7s to make it work. Based on the number of injury cover contracts we saw this season we may see a few them end up where they want, but not until mid season.

tahs should also have a second chance at a few more of them once they sort out their coaching/admin, though I'm not sure it'll move the needle as much as they'd hope, regardless of who the team ends up being.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yeah, that's absolutely the case (assuming those players don't take an overseas contract) though I don't believe it'll come to that. With RA having to pay their salaries they'll end exploring salary cap exemptions to get the players where they're happy going and other opportunities like 7s to make it work. Based on the number of injury cover contracts we saw this season we may see a few them end up where they want, but not until mid season.

tahs should also have a second chance at a few more of them once they sort out their coaching/admin, though I'm not sure it'll move the needle as much as they'd hope, regardless of who the team ends up being.

the current salary cap is 5.5 million.

I think the fairest options is taking the rebels out of equation and being left with 4 teams is to increase the salary cap to 6.875 million (5.5 + 1.375) that allows the 4 Aus RA franchises to spread the salary cap hit from removing rebels fairly across the comp.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)

I think the fairest options is taking the rebels out of equation and being left with 4 teams is to increase the salary cap to 6.875 million (5.5 + 1.375) that allows the 4 Aus RA franchises to spread the salary cap hit from removing rebels fairly across the comp.
Didn't we cut the Rebels because we couldn't afford them? I think RA need to bank those 5.5 million.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)

Squad sizes are also restricted under the cap and will need to shift as well. The broader problem with all that is what happens in a year or two - does it all contract back down forcing players out or can it be maintained?

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Didn't we cut the Rebels because we couldn't afford them? I think RA need to bank those 5.5 million.
I think the argument would be that the cap increases but the grant doesn't (or at least not to meet it, given it's already below the cap amount). It would then be on those teams to work out how much they can afford to pay as overs, which probably only means the Reds and maybe the Force to a degree.