• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australian Rugby / RA

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
Strong rumours that Pulver could potentially resign today.

60752554.jpg

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
On the one hand it would make sense if his relationship with Cox and Rugby WA has become toxic. But on the other hand, I'd rather he saw the Super process to it's completion, ate the shit sandwich he's created and then resign and allow a new CEO to come in with a clean slate.

Because who would want to step into the CEO job now?

B

BLR

On the one hand it would make sense if his relationship with Cox and Rugby WA has become toxic. But on the other hand, I'd rather he saw the Super process to it's completion, ate the shit sandwich he's created and then resign and allow a new CEO to come in with a clean slate.

How do you know it isn't exactly what it is? He leaves, new CEO comes in and says they aren't cutting a team and Pulver doesn't face the embarrassment of backpedalling and the new CEO gets a big initial popularity boost.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)

IF his relationship with the two franchises that are suing the ARU as a direct result of his actions, are toxic?

Toxic might well be an understatement.

Billy can't eat the shit sandwich and resolve this before his contract expires,without total capitulation.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
How do you know it isn't exactly what it is? He leaves, new CEO comes in and says they aren't cutting a team and Pulver doesn't face the embarrassment of backpedalling and the new CEO gets a big initial popularity boost.

But then the new CEO burns his bridges with SANZAAR immediately.

Even if that were possible, wouldn't it be better for Pulver to make that decision, wear the impact with SANZAAR and THEN resign? Giving the chance for the new CEO to patch up our relationship with our international partners.......

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I have no faith in the entire set up and anybody who has read my posts for years will know that is the position I took a long time before the current fiasco brought the toxic systems into the semi-open.

That said unless this crisis is used to enable meaningful reform of the systems of governance in Australia the resignation of Pulver is meaningless and will do nothing except distract from the real issue and assuage some anger that people feel about the situation and have assigned it to Pulver (who admittedly has been at best incompetent during most of his tenure), but in my view has more to do with the fundamental structures.

So no I don't want Bill to resign, until we have something that can replace the ARU (and State Unions because they are a huge part of this as well) and we can achieved that meaningful reform that will hopefully in the long run save the game and I hesitate to say it, make this pain and damage worthwhile.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Pulver was a passenger anyway and hasn't wanted to be there all year. He's achieved all he's going to achieve so he's gotta go. It may as well be now.

Bill did get a few things done in the early years but has been dead wood for a long, long time. So long that he's not even the main problem any more.

Unfortunately we'll still be stuck with Clyne.

EcT5RJv.jpg

Jon

Chris McKivat (8)
Hopefully it's true. ARU normally do pressers at 1300.
but it hasn't leaked yet so I doubt it's on.

After messing up the process (he says as if it was ever anything more than trying to get rid of the force) up. and losing 3 naming rights sponsors in one week - one of whom would have told the ARU they were going to pull the pin - he needs to go and let someone else come in, secure the NRC funding, resolve the teams issue by saying "we're keeping 5" and then work on replacing the other naming rights and getting qantas to sign an extension to put faith in his/her negotiating skills.

Jon

Chris McKivat (8)
I'd be amazed if they did it a) in an open presser and b) the day before a Wallabies test.

yeah good points too.

But if he has tendered his resignation today it would have been leaked to the usual media suspects on twitter by now. So i think it's a pretty good bet that it isn't going to happen today.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
If he does, by almighty i hope it doesn't come with a payout.
Could there have been a contingent liability created through actions over the past 24 months.