• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australian Rugby / RA

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Scott Wisemantel has signed on as an assistant coach for the Paramatta Eels:

Probably an infortunate consequence of McKellar coming into frame for the tahs job so late in the piece is that Wisemantel was pretty pissed off and burned by the process. I don't really disagree with the choice the tahs made there, but it's unfortunate to lose a talented and experieinced coach like Wisemantel to league.

half

Dick Tooth (41)
This is the crux of it. We can go on and on about marketing statistics and trends, but the fact in any industry is that people go to events that are good and enjoyable. There is nothing enjoyable about your local team constantly dropping the ball, missing tackles and losing constantly to a random team from another country
Or create a competition they can win regularly in.

Football & Basketball are the best examples where in Football maybe 6 top class competitions and Basketball arguably two decent competitions, yet both have competitions in most countries of a local domestic kind .

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)

Probably an infortunate consequence of McKellar coming into frame for the tahs job so late in the piece is that Wisemantel was pretty pissed off and burned by the process. I don't really disagree with the choice the tahs made there, but it's unfortunate to lose a talented and experieinced coach like Wisemantel to league.
Wisemantle's time with English would have crossed with Jason Ryles at times who is now the Parra HC so might have a good rapport.

McKellar clearly had a team and people in mind he wanted when you see who has been brought in there. All very close to him for the best part of a decade.

Also, I had no idea that Wisemantle played for the Eels.... Reserve grade but still it's his junior club and senior club before going to Eastwood then becoming a Rugby coach.

Last edited:

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
McKellar clearly had a team and people in mind he wanted when you see who has been brought in there. All very close to him for the best part of a decade.
I don't think Wisemantel's issue is not being offered a spot on McKellar's team (I think he actually might've been and knocked it back). I think it's more that he was all but offered the tahs head coach job before McKellar swooped in at the eleventh hour.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I don't think Wisemantel's issue is not being offered a spot on McKellar's team (I think he actually might've been and knocked it back). I think it's more that he was all but offered the tahs head coach job before McKellar swooped in at the eleventh hour.
I swear everything these poor fluffybunnys do is blighted by this kind of nonsense.

Froggy

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Does anyone actually know this stuff or is it just wild speculation. I am certainly no defender of the Tahs management, but to start deriding for something we actually have nio idea about seems a little Trumpesque

Rob42

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Does anyone actually know this stuff or is it just wild speculation. I am certainly no defender of the Tahs management, but to start deriding for something we actually have nio idea about seems a little Trumpesque
Agree. Once McKellar was back in the picture, he had to be the top candidate. Wisemantel might very well be upset with that, understandable, but the Tahs made the right call.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
The guys on the inside line podcast (Michael Atkinson, Tom Decent, Sam Worthington, Iain Payten) have mentioned it repeatedly, with them thinking Wisemantel felt burned. One in particular seemed to have good insider knowledge but I don't remember who specifically.

Rugby Survivor

Ted Fahey (11)
Also heard from a good source Wisemantle had the job and got burnt at the last minute. Got offered an assistant role from McKellar but wanted to be the Head Coach.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)

Might see him down at Kellyville occasionally.
Renegades are in that precinct.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Ok why the fuck we have someone with at least 2 or 3 accounts talking to themselves. . possibly more.. it's ridiculous echo chamber...and if it's not the same person. (Although they write the same) It's some kind of weird cult circle jerk

dru

David Wilson (68)
Ok why the fuck we have someone with at least 2 or 3 accounts talking to themselves. . possibly more.. it's ridiculous echo chamber...and if it's not the same person. (Although they write the same) It's some kind of weird cult circle jerk

This place is definitely starting to dissemble. We seem to have a child or two stepping out of the schoolyard into the main fori. In a weird way it indicates new generation rugby fans coming through. I'd suggest that some of the posts that irritate are actually from longer term posters being ironic, rather than actual sock puppets. Though buggered if I know.

Tomthumb

Dick Tooth (41)
Also heard from a good source Wisemantle had the job and got burnt at the last minute. Got offered an assistant role from McKellar but wanted to be the Head Coach.
If he “had the job” surely he would have been offered a contract and signed it?

Anyway, he’s a lifelong assistant coach. What exactly are his qualifications to be a head coach, as it’s a completely different role

JRugby2

Larry Dwyer (12)
well Wisey - thats life in the corporate world big fella, so get over it.
It's just another example of one of the fatal flaws of rugby in Australia currently - lack of opportunity. Regardless of your opinion of the rebels cut - taking away 20% of the available job opportunities to work in professional rugby in this country is a massive blow. No where else in the world is the professional rugby (hell, even 'sporting') landscape both so small and so isolated.

dru

David Wilson (68)
It's just another example of one of the fatal flaws of rugby in Australia currently - lack of opportunity. Regardless of your opinion of the rebels cut - taking away 20% of the available job opportunities to work in professional rugby in this country is a massive blow. No where else in the world is the professional rugby (hell, even 'sporting') landscape both so small and so isolated.

We are about to play Argentina.