• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australian Rugby / RA

Mick The Munch

Cyril Towers (30)
My point was not about saving the Rebels though, it was a neglect of the largest (almost) state.

It’s not my opinion, it’s the facts

Reactions: dru

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
The worse thing is Phil Waugh said RA will still support grassroots in vic. Sounding like from the boots on the ground that this is not the case.

RA is run pretty poorly. Not putting onus of blame squarely on them because they have limited resources

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
The worse thing is Phil Waugh said RA will still support grassroots in vic. Sounding like from the boots on the ground that this is not the case.

RA is run pretty poorly. Not putting onus of blame squarely on them because they have limited resources
My wife has worked with RA as a client and she was shocked by how small they were and their budget was. They're really fighting for survival.

Wallaby Man

Nev Cottrell (35)
My wife has worked with RA as a client and she was shocked by how small they were and their budget was. They're really fighting for survival.
I had a similar experience. My workplace currently does some projects for AFL, NRL and NBL, we had a meeting with RA around 2yrs ago and they were skint then. They thought could have got some work through brand association (which isn’t rare) but we didn’t classify any partnership through association worth it, so nothing happened.

half

Dick Tooth (41)
The BIL tour will clear the debt.

The 100 million will go in the bank.

What they do with it is an excellent question

stoff

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Cash in an 100m dollar cheque.......to pay the $80 debt - of which (allegedly) $60 has already gone done the gurgler.
At 10%+ interest and RA holding what could be a $15m p.a. shortfall if the Roar is to be believed. Looks like WR (World Rugby) are going to need to advance some funds again.

half

Dick Tooth (41)
Repay the debt that commenced during COVID and has grown since.
The debt will be paid by the BIL tour.

The 100 million spend will affect rugby well into the future. Will it be wasted or spent wisely.

On what is the 64 billion dollar question.
I need to think about it

Mick The Munch

Cyril Towers (30)
To be fair, Super Rugby is doomed - no sport can survive on 14 games a season. The URC was the worst comp until they added more teams.

And, judging by the RA's prior performance, they are going to bugger up any money the get.

Mick The Munch

Cyril Towers (30)
What a stupid comparison - NFL is a multi billion $$ industry - they can afford to have what is effectively a junior league for the big clubs

Oh btw - In the academic year of 2022/23, around 20.3 millionstudents were enrolled for undergraduate degrees in the United States
Not to mention the population as 15x bigger than Aus

Gah, Mick, why did you bite

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What a stupid comparison - NFL is a multi billion $$ industry - they can afford to have what is effectively a junior league for the big clubs

Oh btw - In the academic year of 2022/23, around 20.3 millionstudents were enrolled for undergraduate degrees in the United States

It also helps when that multi billion dollar industry doesn’t adequately compensate the athletes…