• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australian Rugby / RA

Yoda

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Personally I think rugby needs to get into the public schools, with Super Rugby players and Wallabies spending a day a week doing drills and playing touch footy with young kids so that kids know who they are and this will help promote the game. If their school doesn’t play rugby then the players can tell them about the local club rugby that is available in their nearby area. It should be part of all players contracts. Rugby needs also to be on free to air as well because if you are trying to convert people to the sport, most people won’t pay for Stan if they aren’t die hard rugby tragics. They also need a great rugby commentator such as Gordon Bray was that is unique to the code and brush all these ex players who aren’t very good to say the least. It all comes down to money I guess? Although players going to schools doesn’t cost anything.

Yoda

Johnnie Wallace (23)
If Rugby Australia was a well run organisation it would distribute the Rebel players where needed to make all 4 teams remaining stronger. Not all players going to one or two teams. Clearly the Brumbies and Reds are strong but the Tahs and Force need stronger squads. Should not the Rebels be distributed to the Tahs and Force fairly. If players don’t want to go to one of those teams then they choose to go overseas or as in Carter Gordon’s case, try the NRL. Centralisation really only works when players are distributed evenly to make all teams competitive. Surely that is not hard to do?

dru

Tim Horan (67)
And they are looking at KB (Kurtley Beale) (Kurtley Beale) right now.

That seems a bit of a stretch, Strewth. As far as I have heard Kutley was not injured by impact, tackle, going down in a scrum or ruck. Surely he goes down here in Shute or 5 mins into his appearance for the Wallabies.

happy to be corrected

Linerunner2023

Bill Watson (15)
You can have your opinion, never said you can't but I find it hard to believe there wasn't a specific reason Foketi was not released and people in the squad where. And it had nothing to do with not caring about club land.

Your acting like they have banned all players from playing this weekend.. clearly it's not true.
I wasn’t saying they are all banned but naming only a couple of players playing makes you wonder
There is a lot not named
It has happened for years so I wouldn’t be surprised to see more this year
RA only treat players as puppets anyway

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
So are all the Tahs players, not in the Wallabies or needed in QLD playing, or you suggesting guys with a contract and not needed in the Wallabies are being told to not play by RA