• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia v NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024. Sep 21, Sep 28

Australia vs NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024 Sep 21, Sep 28

• not watching this

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • call it off

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • cripple fight

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Soup Rugby shits and giggles 52-44 scenario

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • NZ 2-0

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • 1-1

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Aus 2-0

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Would somebody PLEASE hold me?

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Mummy! I said hold me!

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • "Mr Cyclo! Stop holding mummy! Mr Cyclo is the bad man, mummy!"

Votes: 10 18.9%

• Total voters

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
Darcy appears to have tempered his style as evidenced by being made captain at times for the Brumbies this year.

No yellow or red in 2024.
2 yellow in 2023.
Last red 02/07/2022 v England nearly 27 months ago
Great to see. He has a rep unfortunately as did a guy like Swinton. Swain will be back if he strings together good showings for the Force next year.

One thing Schmidt seems big on with this side is discipline and not piggy backing teams.

I like the Idea of a Williams - Skelton pairing and when Skelton gasses on comes LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) to maintain the size in the middle.

Keep hearing about waiting for the penny to drop with Frost and I just don't know if the mongrel is there. He's a 6 that's too tall in my eyes.

Canham, Swain, Williams, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Skelton are the Second Rowers we should run with.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
All his super form showed was that he was one of the top locks in Oz, out playing the current Wallaby lock.

And with that take,means you didn't actually watch him at all.
I did watch him. As a neutral, it was obvious he hadn't eliminated his niggling. He's still a liability, stat's be damned, until he can reinvent himself as a cleanskin.

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
Give him time. He has a complete skill set and a good ticker. His physicality will grow. He has the potential to be the best since Eales.
I agree with this Joe but if SwaIn is too aggressive then Frost is too passive. Maybe, as BDA suggests we should put Frost with Swain and see how he goes AFTER 30!!!

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
I did watch him. As a neutral, it was obvious he hadn't eliminated his niggling. He's still a liability, stat's be damned, until he can reinvent himself as a cleanskin.
Like who? Any SA lock, or the nut case Pommie who wound Swain up with illegal holding back and several pushes and nudges? If a lock has no mongrel, it is hard for them to make it with one exception, Eales.

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
Really liked what Gleeson brought off the bench last week, hopefully he backs that up this week as he has the potential to be devastating in that role.

Otherwise would like to see Leota take that role when fit.
Leota has almost disappeared from posts here, Does anyone know how he is doing?

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
Neither has Swain in most peoples eyes. It's what I'm saying.

Saying "did" does make it sound like he moved on from it but I used it as he's done in terms of Wallaby selection I imagine now he's left.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
Give me a break!~So an aggressive player cannot improve until the end of his career? What planet are you on?
Where did i say an agressive player cant improve until the end of their career? Maybe reread my post.

Last edited:

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
You know Darcy personally? Is he such a handicap to a team? Played 14 matches in Super Rugby 2024, and not a single card of any colour. You don't suppose he might ahve learnt to keep the anger/aggression controlled after his hit on Taupea?
Darcy is Rob Simmons 2.0! Even if he doesn't concede a card for the next 2-3 years people will always harp back to when he did.

Personally I think Darcy should be there over Williams who looks raw.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Darcy is Rob Simmons 2.0! Even if he doesn't concede a card for the next 2-3 years people will always harp back to when he did.

Personally I think Darcy should be there over Williams who looks raw.
I'd probably have him over Canham. Williams seems a great prospect.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Promising words about one of my favourites Kailea. Very happy that he’s getting exposure to Cron, Waratahs front row will be immense next year with Bell/Kailea & Tupou. Isaac isn’t actually too young but wouldn’t be surprised if his development wasn’t the fastest down in Melbourne.
1727400897059.png

1727400909157.png

dillyboy

Arch Winning (36)
Promising words about one of my favourites Kailea. Very happy that he’s getting exposure to Cron, Waratahs front row will be immense next year with Bell/Kailea & Tupou. Isaac isn’t actually too young but wouldn’t be surprised if his development wasn’t the fastest down in Melbourne.
View attachment 20571
View attachment 20572

Not sure I like that selection policy though - we're not selecting the best XV but we're selecting based on a milestone/record.

So does Gregan now come out of retirement and get the call-up as the record is "there to be beaten"???

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Not sure I like that selection policy though - we're not selecting the best XV but we're selecting based on a milestone/record.

So does Gregan now come out of retirement and get the call-up as the record is "there to be beaten"???
They are making shit up.