• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia v New Zealand - Sydney 16 Aug

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

I think Phipps and White will probably come down to what Link wants/thinks is best, from the halfback.

While it's a negligible difference I doubt it comes down to form and more to what's more valuable, Whites' stronger pass and kicking game or Phipps running and cover defending.

Both are strong options, but depends on whose strengths really suit what we need.

T

Train Without a Station

Sorry, I should have mentioned Phipps higher speed and delivery also.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I was restricting it to those who've played for Oz last year and/or were selected in the wider squad this year, +/- a few like Pocock. Just trying to get a picture of who's missing.

T

Train Without a Station

Remember the great 7 Chris Alcock is unavailable, don't forget him.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Where is the next match caller coming from?

I don't mind Sean Maloney. His exuberance is quite enjoyable but he doesn't really have much gravitas (at least at this stage).

Gordon Bray is past is on FTA. He has a great voice but he makes so many mistakes.

I don't think the Shute Shield commentators really shine either.

Greg Clark is the best we've got currently in my view.

I don't think anyone else on the Fox panel is about to be a match caller.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Seens Ewen may have some tricks up his sleeve.

I'm guessing that the training sessions since they returned to Sydney must have been closed sessions seeing as we've heard SFA since that first session in Dubbo or wherever it was.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Does anyone else think there may be a case for putting Beale at FB and moving Folau to the wing?

Although as a Tahs fan I'm loath to see him moved from FB, he was pretty effective for the Wallabies on the Wing, and he's more suited to the position than either McCabe or Horne (who are effectively carbon copies of eachother).

Status
Not open for further replies.