• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Aus vs NZ - 1st Test Sydney 17Aug2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Well the thought of Anae lining up at the back end of a Bled match to throw in does not give me a great deal of confidence, at all

Without a doubt. It was either Anae or Siliva, neither should be there but for TPN's and Hanson's (and Charles'?) injuries. I would be shocked if Anae gets a run at hooker.

Hopefully TPN will be rushed back in, although I also have concerns about the level that TPN will be at.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Without a doubt. It was either Anae or Siliva, neither should be there but for TPN's and Hanson's (and Charles'?) injuries. I would be shocked if Anae gets a run at hooker.

Hopefully TPN will be rushed back in, although I also have concerns about the level that TPN will be at.

The challenge with TPN is that it is a hamstring problem, his arm is OK, the miles on his legs could be a concern

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
As has been mentioned, the huge wildcard is the new scrum law for props.

Would love to hear some inside word on how the props were coping with the new laws.

I don't get the Fat Cat omission, either. I could hypothesise two reasons - 1. to put a rocket up him, or 2. he struggled with the new laws. But they would be guesses only. Would love to know the reason.

Would be interested to know if the new scrum laws favour more powerfully built props with a bit of technique, guys like Sio, Kepu(, maybe Anae). Hope not, because I'd say the NZ props are more powerful that ours.

Fowi

Chris McKivat (8)
Yep Charles is injured unfortunately. I don't think we will be seeing much of Anae to be honest. Lets just hope Moore and Saia stay fit.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Sure he got squashed in the 3rd Lions test. All front rowers have a bad day.

You clearly must have missed the Bulls vs Brumbies semi final.

I can tell you now mate where not going to get know where with this. I not a fan of him at all and that were I will leave it.

But I'm sure we can agree on one thing. the team has been picked and its time to get down to business and win.

I'm really fucken excited for the 1st time in ages.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
As has been mentioned, the huge wildcard is the new scrum law for props.

Would love to hear some inside word on how the props were coping with the new laws.

I don't get the Fat Cat omission, either. I could hypothesise two reasons - 1. to put a rocket up him, or 2. he struggled with the new laws. But they would be guesses only. Would love to know the reason.

Would be interested to know if the new scrum laws favour more powerfully built props with a bit of technique, guys like Sio, Kepu(, maybe Anae). Hope not, because I'd say the NZ props are more powerful that ours.
If he is not injured and i don't think he is THEN he is a victim of not doing enough around the paddock and/or is unable too play the so-called expansive game mckenzie will play - But shit, I agree Big Call.

Now I reckon
1. Slipper
2. Moore
3. Kepu

and Scott Sio and Benny A on bench

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Predicted teams?
1 Scott Sio
2 Stephen Moore
3 Ben Alexander
4 Rob Simmons
5 James Horwill (c)
6 Scott Fardy
7 Liam Gill
8 Ben Mowen
9 Will Genia
10 Quade Cooper
11 James O’Connor
12 Christian Leali’ifano
13 Adam Ashley-Cooper
14 Israel Folau
15 Jesse Mogg

16 Saia Fainga’a
17 James Slipper
18 Sekope Kepu
19 Ben McCalman
20 Michael Hooper
21 Nic White
22 Matt To'omua
23 Tevita Kuridrani

1 Tony Woodcock
2 Dane Coles
3 Owen Franks
4 Brodie Retallick
5 Sam Whitelock
6 Steven Luatua
7 Sam Cane
8 Kieran Read (c)
9 Aaron Smith
10 Aaron Cruden
11 Julian Savea
12 Ma'a Nonu
13 Conrad Smith
14 Ben Smith
15 Israel Dagg

16 Andrew Hore
17 Ben Franks
18 Charlie Faumuina
19 Luke Romano
20 Richie McCaw
21 Tawera Kerr-Barlow
22 Dan Carter
23 Charles Piutau

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If he is not injured and i don't think he is THEN he is a victim of not doing enough around the paddock and/or is unable too play the so-called expansive game mckenzie will play - But shit, I agree Big Call.

Now I reckon
1. Slipper
2. Moore
3. Kepu

and Scott Sio and Benny A on bench

Slipper at loosehead?

I truly hope not........

He's played tighthead for the Reds all year and his time at loosehead for the Wobs was far from impressive.........

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Another tactic we will see is the inside ball off Cooper. The one we have seen Digby take so often. I look forward to seeing Izzy take it. I think it can be very potent if done well.

Anae is baffling. I know for the third hooker but I would say Tessman was more deserving. He had a good year with the Force.

Suprised about fatcat. Will Sio be thrown in the deep end? It wouldn't suprise me. Maybe Slipper but I wouldn't discount him as the starting TH.

I tip MMM to get the 6 and Fardy on the bench.

P

Paradox

1. Sio
2. Moore
3. Slipper
4. Fardy
5. Horwill
6. 3M
7. Gill
8. Mowen
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. JOC (James O'Connor)
12. Lilo
13. Kuridrani
14. Folau
15. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) will do the job at 15. Mogg off the bench,

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
1. Sio
2. Moore
3. Slipper
4. Fardy
5. Horwill
6. 3M
7. Gill
8. Mowen
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. JOC (James O'Connor)
12. Lilo
13. Kuridrani
14. Folau
15. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) will do the job at 15. Mogg off the bench,

I like the look of that team. Agree that AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) would get the job done at the back and his defense is fantastic when scrambling. Should a couple go down in the backline and need to be replaced it would be very easy to bring Mogg in at 15 and push Two-Dads back up into the line. Also like to have that experience factor at the back.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Another tactic we will see is the inside ball off Cooper. The one we have seen Digby take so often. I look forward to seeing Izzy take it. I think it can be very potent if done well.

Anae is baffling. I know for the third hooker but I would say Tessman was more deserving. He had a good year with the Force.

Suprised about fatcat. Will Sio be thrown in the deep end? It wouldn't suprise me. Maybe Slipper but I wouldn't discount him as the starting TH.

I tip MMM to get the 6 and Fardy on the bench.

Anae is strange and a risk from a line out point of view, but I could see a lot of power in a Sio/Anae/Kepu scrum!

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Slipper at loosehead?

I truly hope not....

He's played tighthead for the Reds all year and his time at loosehead for the Wobs was far from impressive...
Slipper is a loosehead and only plays there for the Reds because Ewen had nobody else. His greatest value is his play around the field and loosehead leaves him with the energy to do that effectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.