• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Aus vs NZ - 1st Test Sydney 17Aug2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Try-ranosaurus Rex

Darby Loudon (17)
1. Scott Sio
2. Stephan Moore
3. Ben Alexander
4. Fardy
5. James Horwill
6. MMM
7. Michael Hooper
8. Ben Mowen
9. Will Genia
10. Quade Cooper
11. Joe Tomane
12. Christian Lelliafano
13. Tevita Kuindrani
14. Israel Folau
15. Jesse Mogg

16. Albert Anae
17. Kepu
18. James Slipper
19. Simmons
20. Liam Gill
21. Nic White
22. JOC (James O'Connor)/ACC
23. Matt To'omua

Makings of a good team there.

Sub in AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) for Kuindrani. As BH said above, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has been playing solidly since being made a permanent fixture at 13. He's our most experienced back and with Lealiifano, Mogg, Folau, Cummins, Kuindrani & Tomane all there or there abouts for other backline positions, I think we need him there.

Also substitute Cummins for Tomane on the wing. With a backline full of ball players and "x-factor" players (I hate that term), we need ahard runner / grafter.

I doubt we'll see a Hooper / MMM / Mowen backrow (although I do like it). I think we're more likely to see McCalman at 8 and Mowen at 6.

I also doubt we'll see Fardy in the run on team immediately. His inclusion will likely come on the bench as 4/5/6 cover.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Only 9 Brumbies in that team, that's a bit rough on To'omua...........

Tell me about it.........

How you can pick a one-eyed Brumbies-Wallabies dream team and not have To'omua at flyhalf is flabbergasting!

Chances of a late push for the cyclops award will be hurt with that minor indiscretion..........

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Water Boys a good chance too...

So you'd pick also-rans over proven 2013 contenders!! please stop it... we tried that it was call the Deans theory...
Oh you also forgot MM and Link were Brumbies too B-ian...

No point picking guys who are use to loosing to the ABs year in year out... McKenzie wants to try something new, so be it, bring it on, pick form players for this match I say... leave the bagage in the bus...

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
No point picking guys who are use to loosing to the ABs year in year out. McKenzie wants to try something new, so be it, bring it on, pick form players for this match I say. leave the bagage in the bus.

I love it how you say that and then pick Cooper over To'omua. Of all people!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Best form was a few years ago now. A good Combo is worth more than a single ACC. 80 tests I think he is bored, he doesnt make the difference anymore Tevita Kuindrani can. drop JOC (James O'Connor) and keep ACC then.

I am surprised you haven't put up Andrew Smith as the bench option for "combination" reasons as well o_O

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Do only pick Cooper because of Genia this match and see how he goes. To'omua will get his chance soon enough.

I can accept that Cooper plays shit whenever Genia is missing.
I do not accept Genia plays shit without Cooper.
Link is entitled to pick his team, and to keep it intact if it is successful.
He should be on a tight leash however,and unsuccessful combinations at this higher level should be replaced sooner than later.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Michael Mooper?

Thought he meant HM, Hichael Mooper, the honourary 10th Brumby in the run on side.

In all seriousness, Tomane hasn't shown the form required in the back end of the season to hold down the blindside winger spot. I'd have Tomane as the last winger picked in the squad (behind Folau, Mogg, JOC (James O'Connor), Cummins, in no order) at this stage.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
So here it is... first Bledisloe of the year - anybody excited?

McKenzies first match in charge after 6 years under Deans - what can we expect? A real turning of the tide? A dead cat bounce like Deans got? Or more of the same from the last few years?

I think we look old and you look young. It shall be interesting to see who gets named - obviously Quade (booo...) is McKenzies boy so will start, probably against DC. It's the selection I'd make too, as it's worth the experiment until JOC (James O'Connor) pulls his head in and grows up. To'omua is a good player and will get his shot, but it's worth the risk surely to give Quade (booo....) a go under McKenzie.

Other big talking point is the return of his nemesis, the guy who sits in the polar opposite as has NOTHING left to prove to anybody. I think he'll be underdone myself. However, for the first time since I've been an AB fan, we don't seem to have a game-changing-7 waiting in the wings ready to take over. Weird.

Anyway, here's my prediction. I think the game is going to suck badly. I expect knock ons, screwed up combinations, no moments of brilliance, and a crap test match. I hope I'm wrong. Not going to predict a winner/score until final teams are in!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Thought he meant HM, Hichael Mooper, the honourary 10th Brumby in the run on side.

In all seriousness, Tomane hasn't shown the form required in the back end of the season to hold down the blindside winger spot. I'd have Tomane as the last winger picked in the squad (behind Folau, Mogg, JOC (James O'Connor), Cummins, in no order) at this stage.

Yeah, I stuck up for him leading into the Lions' series as his form looked to be back on the up, but since that last test he's provided very little...........

Maybe a bit of second year syndrome?

Cummins/Folau/Mogg back 3 for me..........

Deputy Van Halen

Larry Dwyer (12)
Quade (booo.)

Speaking of looking old...

Anyway, I suspect you're right, it will be a scrappy match punctuated with perhaps sporadic moments of individual brilliance. The team that screws up the least will win. The new scrum will be interesting factor.

However I'm still hyped for it!

nomis

Herbert Moran (7)
Does anyone think the Wallaby combinations will be a bit rusty compared to the All Blacks?

M

Moono75

This first game will be epic with the AB's knowing they only need to win once to retain the Bledisloe for another year and they will look to have it in the bag before any return confrontation in Wellington.

Link will no doubt have the boys fired up for a massive effort. Can't make too many predictions until the final teams are made. Stage fright could be a factor if there are a number of newbies in the Wallabies team.

nomis

Herbert Moran (7)
out of the ashes we rise
our past defeats have shaped us
our past victories are yesterday
we don’t rest on them
we are only as good as we play today
this gold jersey is just on loan
we are just continuing the legacy
we will do that faithfully before we hand it on

we are not an individual
this is not about me