• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Aus vs NZ - 1st Test Sydney 17Aug2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
so correct me if im wrong there is a debate going on about that to shock horror there is pacific islanders who want to play league, who do play league and union? Would Australia prefeer it to be only white players play in your league and union teams, alot of these brown boys being playing those said sports since they were teenagers in your country or you steal them from us (league) you called add a couple of kiwi union boys wink wink, heck those boys are contributing to your country some lavishly with taxes and such. I don't see what the big deal is, and it reeks of racism

Hi again CC, please translate that into English!

D

daz

Ok lads, let's put the brakes on this little ethnic sub-thread.

It's a very slippery slope and while there might not be any intent to cause offense, that doesn't mean you won't.

Zero tolerance here lads. Another post in this direction and you will be zapped.

Moving on, with immediate effect, please.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
so correct me if im wrong there is a debate going on about that to shock horror there is pacific islanders who want to play league, who do play league and union? Would Australia prefeer it to be only white players play in your league and union teams, alot of these brown boys being playing those said sports since they were teenagers in your country or you steal them from us (league) you called add a couple of kiwi union boys wink wink, heck those boys are contributing to your country some lavishly with taxes and such. I don't see what the big deal is, and it reeks of racism
Settle down. One racist comment doesn't make an entire country Racist!

Mr Doug saying 'nothing Racist' before your statement doesn't make it any less offensive to coloured Australians.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Settle down. One racist comment doesn't make an entire country Racist!

Mr Doug saying 'nothing Racist' before your statement doesn't make it any less offensive to coloured Australians.

Interesting comments tonight Sully, given that some of my family members contain blood from the Pacific Island of Kiribati.
Maybe we should impose a minimum IQ requirement for future members!! We may then get considered, rational comments, instead of emotional rubbish.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
I'm still not sure what your point is or what you're trying to say.

Pacific Islanders are good at good at rugby league and rugby union?

Kids of Ango-Saxon heritage should stop playing on their Playstation and get out and train more?

A bunch of xenophobic racists listen to the Super Radio Network?

You really do need professional help Braveheart81.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Ok lads, let's put the brakes on this little ethnic sub-thread.

It's a very slippery slope and while there might not be any intent to cause offense, that doesn't mean you won't.

Zero tolerance here lads. Another post in this direction and you will be zapped.

Moving on, with immediate effect, please.

Point taken daz. I must accept that "so-called racism" works in only one direction. No offence meant to any GAGGR member.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Mr Doug I found your initial comment which sparked these responses upsetting. Of the six players (Genia, To'omua, Speight, Lilo, Folau and Beale):
  • three were born overseas - one Fiji, one PNG and one Auckland
  • Lilo moved over to Australia with his family when he was 7 and did almost all of his schooling here
  • Genia did all of his high school in Brisbane, played Queensland 16s, Queensland Schools, Australian 19s, Australian 20s, Australian Schoolboys
  • To'omua was born in Melbourne and has lived in Australia all of his life.
  • Folau was born in Minto, NSW and has lived in Australia all of his life.
  • Beale is as Australian as they come, went to Joeys, signed with the Tahs from school.
What they all have in common:
  • four of the six went to private schools - Folau played mostly league at a public school, To'omua played rugby at a public school. Ummmm....
There are more differences than similarities between these players, and each of these players has arguably more in common with some of their other "white" teammates than with each other.

For example Will Genia and James Horwill went to the same school at the same time and now play for the same Super Rugby team and the Wallabies.. Will and David Pocock played Queensland 16s and up together.. By contrast he doesn't have THAT much in common with Matt To'omua - Will is from PNG and went to BBC as a boarding student where he started playing rugby, To'omua was born in Australia, attended Brisbane State High (a state school), played Queensland 2 etc..

Yet you have ignored these differences and lumped all of them together because they have darker skin colours. I'm disappointed because I think we are better, and more intelligent, than that. I think we're capable of looking beyond skin colour as a categorisation, and I certainly thought we were beyond looking at skin colour as a determinant of rugby ability.

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
What's the deal with posts disappearing? If a mod deletes a post, it should say so and there should be a reason. Transparency.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Cat_A well said.
Rather than go back and delete stuff, or drag this forgettable couple of pages on any further, let's leave it there.
Any more posts on this topic will be nixed, no exceptions.
Let's get back to talking about the real problem - those bloody Kiwis and whether the Wallabies can beat them!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
What's the deal with posts disappearing? If a mod deletes a post, it should say so and there should be a reason. Transparency.
It does say why it was deleted. Well, it does on my screen, and should to all.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
If Australia lose, it will be the 100th time the All Blacks have beaten us. That is probably a record.........

GO WALLABIES :D

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
^^not sure if you're going for a win or gunning for the record there.lol

I was going to say it wouldn't be ours, but we would have a record, just a worse one.

No, I want the Wallabies to hold the All Blacks to 99 victories for the next 20 years!

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I think Cummins has to be on one wing. Wile it's true he has been injured this year, all of his games when he was fit were good. His special skill isn't something you can loose being injured. Heart and guts.

For the other two spots in the back 3 I would love to see Mogg and Folau start. I know they are relatively inexperienced, but while the expectation on Link is less he should take the oppourtunity to blood some players. Because Cummins doesn't kick, I think Mogg would have to go to 15. It would be a bit messy to put the pressure onto Folau to kick from 15 in a test.

Status
Not open for further replies.