• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Aus vs NZ - 1st Test Sydney 17Aug2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

YBT

Frank Row (1)
We’ll never be as good as the Ozzies and Kiwis, and we just have to accept that……at cheating, conniving and how to put a smile on a sheeps face that is.
Lighten up guys, I thought that was funny. Prick ;)

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Rassie.
Firstly - I'm not sure why you apologised to the people of the USA.
Secondly - lots of nice numbers, but what do they actually mean, or indeed contribute to this thread?
#spamstats

Ma'a Nonu lies between the locks and hookers (much as he does at any breakdown). Not tall enough to be a lock; maybe he could get a gig at one of the NZ provinces as a hooker?

M

Moono75

Lets just get up and smach the kiwis and take back the Bledisloe. Time to remind the New Zealanders that the 'dutch' isn't just a language spoken in Holland, its a also a massive body of water forming a geographcial divide between our two countries and the wider the better. I don't want to be your brother. I don't want to drink Steinlarger, Speights or Monteiths, I want our fucking trophy back and I want it now!

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Who in the Brumbies played themselves intoa Wallaby jersey (or kept one ) from the last 2 weeks
Mogg - probably
Mowen - certainly
Leal - certainly
Sio - bench definitely
Alexander - no
White - maybe bench
To'omua - bench
Moore - obvious
Tomane - no

others ????????

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Who in the Brumbies played themselves intoa Wallaby jersey (or kept one ) from the last 2 weeks
Mogg - probably
Mowen - certainly
Leal - certainly
Sio - bench definitely
Alexander - no
White - maybe bench
To'omua - bench
Moore - obvious
Tomane - no

others ????????

Fardy will go close to a bench spot, and Kimlin might yet start at 6 if his intention to go north doesn't get in the way. Kuridrani will also come under consideration, while I think Speight will be a special when he is eligible.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Driving up from Hamilton today I was listening to Steve Hansen on the radio and there are some points that need to be looked at.

1. The All Blacks have been trialling the new scrum laws a fair bit recently but I'm not sure we have.
2. The All Blacks are having some practice match next week against Wellington/Canterbury in Wellington. What are our guys going to be doing in the lead up?
3. The Chiefs players for the squad aren't required to camp until Thursday, meanwhile the Brumbies contingent who have been travelling all over the place are required Monday afternoon even though they won't get back until about 8pm Sunday night.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
A backline of
Genia To'omua Speight Lilo AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) Folau Mogg

Is my dream backline. Yes, full of Brumbies, but it isn't just my bias as reasoning! :p

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Brumby Jack if Nucifora is still involved as scrum coach, I'd say we've been working the new laws since they got there. Even if he didn't feel like it, McKenzie would be getting him in there.

Scrubber2050 I think people know my dislike for Ben Alexander by now, but I think he deserves to be in gold this year. Tomane has been strong in defense all year despite his attacking flair waning. I think an international season with McKenzie will see his form greatly improved. White will be the unlucky third man and miss the bench - Phipps has been too good for the Rebels lately, has the international experience and White's running game has been missing since May.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Joe Moody from the Saders has been called into the squad. I know very little about him.

In better news, it looks as if Steven Luatua will recover in time from his shoulder injury (though he will be on the bench at best)

What is the story with Jamie McIntosh? Is it injury or has he fallen out of favour for other reasons. I know he hasn't seen a lot of game time this year but he has been off the radar for a few years. Anyone know what is the deal?

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I think he's first choice 15 at the moment!! I expect Beale will get picked there, but Folau has been better there this year.
But I get your point! ;)

I think Beale will struggle to get back into the 15. Cooper and To'omua will still probably be first choice at 10. Folau hangs around and Speight and JOC (James O'Connor) on the wing. Beale may be a 10/15 sub.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Kuindrani Might be a bolter for a wing spot if JOC (James O'Connor) is the prefered FB. He won't unseat AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 13 but I can see Link wanting his powerful running.

I will put this out there as a potential Wallaby backline.

9/ Genia
10/ Quade
11/ Folou
12/ Lilo
13/ AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14/ Kuindrani
15/ JOC (James O'Connor)

A debate weather to swap Izzy and JOC (James O'Connor) has Merit. Another thing that might come into play is Kuindrani taking some defensive load in the 10-12 channel because it will see heavy traffic and Link I dare say will want to preserve his attacking weapons.

The duel play maker 10-12 combo could really get these bigger fellas rolling also.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Fair enough Muttonbird. That point makes sense. That is a damn good pickup for the Chiefs though.

Good move for him to get away from that schoolboy team with their schoolboy coach. :D

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
What is the story with Jamie McIntosh? Is it injury or has he fallen out of favour for other reasons. I know he hasn't seen a lot of game time this year but he has been off the radar for a few years. Anyone know what is the deal?

Mobile, but scrummaging not good enough. He is going to play for the Chiefs next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.