• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Aus vs NZ - 1st Test Sydney 17Aug2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
USARugger - as said 13 either or as I agree with you as well.
I had wings at JOC (James O'Connor) and Folau, with Mog at the back, I hadn't thought of Tomane or Cummins as in the 23 the following can play back three (MOG, JOC (James O'Connor), Izzy, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)).
The balance??

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Dave Beat

Sorry mate should have been clearer - after the 3rd paragraph or so I'm just ranting and responding to the thread in general, not you in particular.

Back Three for me right now would be 11. Cummins 15. Folau 14. JOC (James O'Connor) 22. Mogg or 11. Folau (Even Deans was using him as he and Ewen used their 11s in the past despite him wearing 14) 15. Mogg 14. JOC (James O'Connor) 22. Tomane/Cummins depending on the game plan.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Dave Beat

Sorry mate should have been clearer - after the 3rd paragraph or so I'm just ranting and responding to the thread in general, not you in particular.

Back Three for me right now would be 11. Cummins 15. Folau 14. JOC (James O'Connor) 22. Mogg or 11. Folau (Even Deans was using him as he and Ewen used their 11s in the past despite him wearing 14) 15. Mogg 14. JOC (James O'Connor) 22. Tomane/Cummins depending on the game plan.

Go back to Walker, Roff, Burke I think it was - they played a unit not as individuals.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Go back to Walker, Roff, Burke I think it was - they played a unit not as individuals.

Will have to give them time to play together under Link before we can assume they have, or do not have chemistry. Kurtley as the primary ball-player in our back three was a serious problem in the Lions series. Too much crabbing and stepping, not enough distribution.

D

daz

"Wallabies seeking Bledisloe redemption" is the headline in the papers today.

I have been reading the same bloody story every year for the last 11 years, but this jumped out at me -

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) said this about Ewan:
"I like the idea of an Australian coach coaching an Australian team and I think that will bring a lot of familiarity and comfort amongst the squad.
"So I'm looking forward to the changes he brings, and obviously the atmosphere.''

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/the-rugby-championship/wallabies-centre-adam-ashley-cooper-says-winning-bledisloe-would-compensate-for-losing-lions-series/story-e6frf4qc-1226688278564#ixzz2aZX5kR8w
That is a very interesting comment. Particularly the bit about "atmosphere".

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
"Wallabies seeking Bledisloe redemption" is the headline in the papers today.

I have been reading the same bloody story every year for the last 11 years, but this jumped out at me -

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) said this about Ewan:

"I like the idea of an Australian coach coaching an Australian team and I think that will bring a lot of familiarity and comfort amongst the squad.
"So I'm looking forward to the changes he brings, and obviously the atmosphere.''
That is a very interesting comment. Particularly the bit about "atmosphere".
I would say that was a indirect way of saying "pulls JOC (James O'Connor) and KB (Kurtley Beale) into line and reaserts that no one person is bigger then the team"

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think that perhaps too much is being read into the comment about atmosphere.

I think there is every chance he just segued to referring to looking forward to the atmosphere of being in the Wallaby squad for a Bledisloe Cup/Rugby Championship.

D

daz

I tend to agree with you; it was probably just a throw-away comment that had no deeper meaning.

But, given the media and public dissection of the "QC (Quade Cooper) Toxicity" drama, you could perhaps forgive me for connecting the dots, regardless of how faint those dots might be.

;)

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)

I think there is every chance he just segued to referring to looking forward to the atmosphere of being in the Wallaby squad for a Bledisloe Cup/Rugby Championship.
Im not quite as sure, everything comes from somewhere. I cant imagine guys like horwill, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), genia and Moore not being filthy on players missing the team bus after being photographed at 4am in a burger joint. Unity is a very underrated attribute without it a seemingly better side in every aspect with momentum to boot can get beaten by 20 + (BIL Decider)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Im not quite as sure, everything comes from somewhere. I cant imagine guys like horwill, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), genia and Moore not being filthy on players missing the team bus after being photographed at 4am in a burger joint. Unity is a very underrated attribute without it a seemingly better side in every aspect with momentum to boot can get beaten by 20 + (BIL Decider)

The article isn't a transcript from an interview. It just includes a collection of quotes.

He also says: "Most of the guys in the squad won't have ever held a Bledisloe Cup, so that's pretty exciting for the guys to look forward to.''

Surely it is much more of a stretch to read into that quote as a dig at the previous culture in the squad than to just accept that he's looking forward to the whole experience of being in the Wallaby squad going into a Bledisloe Cup.
I completely agree that senior players would be completely pissed off by players missing the bus and/or going to Hungry Jacks at 4am but I really think it's a stretch to assume that's what he's talking about.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Yeah, we'll probably have to wait a while for the real bombshell revelations about the Deans era - if they ever drop.​

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
The article isn't a transcript from an interview. It just includes a collection of quotes.

He also says: "Most of the guys in the squad won't have ever held a Bledisloe Cup, so that's pretty exciting for the guys to look forward to.''
Surely it is much more of a stretch to read into that quote as a dig at the previous culture in the squad than to just accept that he's looking forward to the whole experience of being in the Wallaby squad going into a Bledisloe Cup.
I completely agree that senior players would be completely pissed off by players missing the bus and/or going to Hungry Jacks at 4am but I really think it's a stretch to assume that's what he's talking about.
What did u make of Scotty Higginbottoms comments re Rebels and JOC (James O'Connor)?

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)

or better still match day 23 Ben McCalmanS comments about a return to force from JOC (James O'Connor)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
What did u make of Scotty Higginbottoms comments re Rebels and JOC (James O'Connor)?

or better still match day 23 Ben McCalmanS comments about a return to force from JOC (James O'Connor)

What do you mean exactly?

Both of their comments were quite direct and obvious.

I'm not sure how their comments somehow infer that everything AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) says has something to do with being unhappy by the Wallabies culture.

Based on what they said, surely if AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) had something he wanted to say publicly about JOC (James O'Connor), Beale, or Deans he'd just say it.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
What do you mean exactly?

His comments were quite direct and obvious.

I'm not sure how Higginbotham's comments somehow infer that everything AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) says has something to do with being unhappy by the Wallabies culture.
Meaning that when AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is quoted as saying 'changes' and obviously the atmosphere, he is referring directly to a poor culture under deans where players such as JOC (James O'Connor) and Beale were allowed to get away with that shit.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...r-told-he-must-behave-if-hes-to-rejoin-force/

point referene :).

I dont think it was a sweeping statement that would be made at any appointment of a new coach.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Two weeks until kickoff and you're pissing around over quotes mangled by a journo from a player who would just like to get to training and stop talking into an iPhone to a dickhead.

No wonder rugby is so fucked here.

1 Robinson
2 Moore
3 Kepu
4 Douglas
5 Horwill
6 Fardy
7 Gill
8 Mowen (c)
9 Genia
10 Cooper
11 Cummins
12 Lilo
13 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14 Folau
15 Mogg

16 TPN
17 Sio
18 Slipper
19 Pyle
20 Hooper
21 White
22 To'omua
23 Kuridrani

Discards from the 40:
Alexander, Betham, Dennis, Fainga'a, Fainga'a, Harris, McMeniman, Phipps, Simmons, Tomane

Leftovers for the 30:
CFS, Foley, Kimlin, McCalman, JOC (James O'Connor), Ryan, Schatz

Sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.