• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

ARU Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewprint

Alan Cameron (40)
Comments on the extended version:

Christ Karl Stefanovic is awkward.
Gillard looks like she's trying to be sultry instead of tough, which is more disturbing than I can put into words.
The Gruz is looking incredible.
Should've had Pocock absolutely destroying Burger somewhere in there.

Overall though, it was awesome. I got goosebumps.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Maybe I'm alone in this but I cringe when I see the "celebrity" endorsement. For me, it simply smacks a little of of ARU insecurity, and that they are seeking validation and support for the code.

I get the whole "One Nation, One Team" concept but its execution in terms of celeb endorsement leaves me a little cold. I'd prefer more great footage, with some good writing/narration making that raw emotional connection.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
That video led me to this one, Richie McCaw as a schoolboy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XQaq2iYN8M

First 3 phases and McCaw cheats 3 times haha, doesn't roll away, enters the ruck from the side, goes off his feet and plays the ball. Been getting away with murder since he was born!

Any other players of note in either team there...

I bet Highlanders would have wanted McCaw to play for them seeing as he went to Otago Boys...

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Any other players of note in either team there...

I bet Highlanders would have wanted McCaw to play for them seeing as he went to Otago Boys...

Read an interview with Leicester's George Chuter is which he says McCaw is the best player he has ever seen play the game. I tend to agree. I think Otago would too.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Maybe I'm alone in this but I cringe when I see the "celebrity" endorsement. For me, it simply smacks a little of of ARU insecurity, and that they are seeking validation and support for the code.

I get the whole "One Nation, One Team" concept but its execution in terms of celeb endorsement leaves me a little cold. I'd prefer more great footage, with some good writing/narration making that raw emotional connection.

In this vapid media whore celebrity culture we live in, celebrity power is king. They are trying to appeal to non rugby lovers, no point in aiming the adds at the people posting in this thread, we all watch the Wallabies already; but the positive reactions in this thread point that they got it right on both fronts.

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
In this vapid media whore celebrity culture we live in, celebrity power is king. They are trying to appeal to non rugby lovers, no point in aiming the adds at the people posting in this thread, we all watch the Wallabies already; but the positive reactions in this thread point that they got it right on both fronts.

Completely agree Charger. For me, I love John Howard's contribution. Opens the first advertisement and he's held in pretty high esteem throughout Australia. It shows that everybody up to the highest office in the land wants the Wallabies to win. My second favourite (despite not being a soccer fan) in Mark Schwartzer's part. It really reinforces the notion that everybody is behind the Wallabies.

Instead of Julia (who's contribution seems so very fake) I would have liked to have seen someone like Hugh Jackman. I think he's a big name who seems pretty down to earth, just an afterthought. That being said, I think the ARU have done an amazing job.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
gal-land-famous_wallaby_supporters--8--600x400.jpg

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
They played 10 games in South Africa: 6 against provincial sides, 3 Test matches and a mid-week game against the Emergind Springboks between the first and second Tests.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
http://www.rugby.com.au/news/wallab...he_edge,147942.html/news/latest/section/21801

With regards to that article, it mentions that the Lions are here for a 9 match tour. I'm assuming here that 3 of those are against the wallabies. Anyone have any idea who else they'll play?? It would be embarrassing to see them play the Rebels without their wallabies in the squad.....

9 seems a lot.....

Probably an Australian barbarians team, super rugby sides, an invatational side? South Africa could afford 10 games because they have alot more depth and sides available to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.