• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

ARU Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

meatsack

Ward Prentice (10)
Gotta point out that Gagger replaced the ad Moses posted with what he thought was an internationally friendly version. Its not the same ad.

Moses original ad is cut with celebrities backing the Wallabies, which is why RugbyReg compared it to the Reds ad with QLD celebrities backing the Reds. The Gagger replacement is just the 'One Team' ad from a couple of weeks ago.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeah, the Reds ad was cheesy at the start and definitely needed more Giaan Rooney. Don't know what it is about her, but...

D

Danix

The ARU has uploaded all 3 ads on youtube:

[video=youtube;o5WRNUEOM1w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5WRNUEOM1w&feature=feedu[/video]

[video=youtube;7sulqwDCFpE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sulqwDCFpE&feature=feedu[/video]

[video=youtube;jxPwqmBQYDM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxPwqmBQYDM&feature=feedu[/video]

I'm really impressed! A great diverse selection of celebrities and team footage with great music. Makes me excited!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
who is the first guy in the first one and the hottie at the end of the first one (not Kurtley).

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Also, new branding for the domestic Test matches: http://www.rugby.com.au/news/wallabies_2011/castrol_to_give_qantas_wallabies_the_edge,147942.html/news/latest/section/21801

CAS_9293_Castrol_Tri_Nations_page_image.jpg

D

Danix

who is the first guy in the first one and the hottie at the end of the first one (not Kurtley).

Neil Perry (a chef) and Natalie Gruzlewski.

Actually here is a list of all the celebs. Most are blatantly obvious but anyway:

Neil Perry (Chef)
Matthew Mitcham (Olympic Champion Diver)
Karl Stefanovic and Lisa Wilkinson (Today Show)
Natalie Gruzlewski (Getaway, Farmer Wants A Wife)

Shane Watson (Cricketer)
Mick Fanning (Surfer)
Grant Hackett (Swimmer)
Julia Gillard (PM)

John Howard (Former PM)
Geoff Huegill (Swimmer)
Mark Schwarzer (Socceroos goalkeeper)
General Peter Cosgrove (ex Chief of Defence)

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
These fine ads are excellent for the mad passionates and for those that have a passing grasp of rugby and RWCs (the over 40s?), but, given their intent is to really pull in motivation and interest from a very wide Australian audience that may know little of rugby in Australia, the missing piece for me was some allusion to the simple fact that Australia has actually won two RWCs and done well at others. That is, just a cleverly inserted, fleeting reference to past glories to anchor maximum patriotic fervour. For true newcomers to anything rugby (the vast majority of Aussies), the ads could risk invoking the question: 'well, what's this all about, what do you mean 'One Team'?'.

...and then of course there is the amusing fact that, with rugby booming today in southern Queensland and under real stress in Sydney, there is marketing mention only of the Sydney Tests, not the ABs Test in Brisbane!

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
There is no need to market the all black test. It will be an absolute sell-out no matter the case...

I would love to see a campaign to get 80000 for the springboks game in sydney though.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
So where did Mick Fanning get that Wallabies rash shirt from then?? :)

There's an idea for the ARU to pump up merchandise Sales through summer - Wallabies rashies and boardies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Gotta point out that Gagger replaced the ad Moses posted with what he thought was an internationally friendly version. Its not the same ad.

Moses original ad is cut with celebrities backing the Wallabies, which is why RugbyReg compared it to the Reds ad with QLD celebrities backing the Reds. The Gagger replacement is just the 'One Team' ad from a couple of weeks ago.

My bad - couldn't see them to ensure they were the right ones!

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
So where did Mick Fanning get that Wallabies rash shirt from then?? :)

There's an idea for the ARU to pump up merchandise Sales through summer - Wallabies rashies and boardies.

I know they used to give them out at Camp Wallaby before the Spring Tour. Mitchell Chapman's father was Head of Boarding at Brisbane Grammar, and he gave the training camp pair to one of the boys before he left last year.

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
First real good ad campaign since the "I wanna be a Wallaby" campaign in the 90s.

I LOVED that campaign!!

These ads are great, well put together. Can only guess there'll be more to come as it gets closer.

On a side note...does anyone else find the RWC ads of deflating people a little odd?

Status
Not open for further replies.