• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Argentina v Australia TRC Round 4 Sunday 8 September 5am (AEST)

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
I watched Lynagh get blown completely off two breakdowns today, which were immediately turned over and returned for tries. I watched Donaldson and Ikitau unable to wrap up a player's offload which immediately resulted in a try. I watched Jorgensen and the Stewart completely unable to get a decent hit on a big backline players which directly ended up in tries. Etc etc.

Lack of dominant tackles, inability to prevent post-contact metres and not being able to stop players getting arms free for offloads. That's why we end up with 67 points. Small bodies trying to stop big bodies.

capalaba

Jimmy Flynn (14)
WTF were they saying to each other after each try?
What did Joe say to the boys in the sheds at oranges? Boys you are playing well, keep up the momentum. Did our coaches make adjustments besides replace our starters based upon what the Argies were doing? I don't see much in the way of strategic thinking, except play short and hit the ball up 60 times and wear out our forwards.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Yeah I watched the AB V Saffa games last night and Kolbe is very physical and surprisingly powerful in contact. I don't think he's a good comparison to someone like Jorgensen.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
Meanwhile Skelton, Rory Arnold and Kerevi are drinking daiquiris on holidays
This is one of your posts. You specifically mentioned Skelton, Arnold and Kerevi. That’s what my comment was directed at. Not any general discussion around selection policy.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
cher3_zpssnt3nlqc.jpg

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
it’s schoolboy level thinking to pick a winger because the scales read a higher number
It's obvious that size isn't the most important thing in rugby. Buuuut if you are the underdog, at least can help you in something if you have fast, big or explosive players.

Georgia is a good example. They aren't a Top rugby nation but they are strong and they have a fiercess forward pack. That allowed them to perfomanced consistenly better than other nations as Russia, Spain or Portugal

LevitatingSocks

Bill Watson (15)
Let's be honest. PEDs are endemic at the professional level and I'd be more surprised if international test players whether Wallabies or Boks weren't on some sort of low dose HGH or EPO at the minimum. Testing is too easy to circumvent, the margins of human athletic performance are too thin, and the stakes are too high for there to not be significant doping. The South Africans are just particularly ripe for criticism considering half their schoolboys look like they've been cycling gear since 16.

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
If all the Aussie rugby supporters claim for them maybe the RA board would have no choice to sign or pick them.

Albornoz in Argentina is a good example. He wasn't the first choice of Cheika. Neither was the first option of Contepomi but the crowd claimed for him so many times that Contepomi have no choice to pick him and put Santiago Carreras on the bench. With Albornoz playing at 10 they achieved the largest win against a Tri nations team in history

LevitatingSocks

Bill Watson (15)
It's obvious that size isn't the most important thing in rugby. Buuuut if you are the underdog, at least can help you in something if you have fast, big...
Where are we going to find this untapped source of freak athletes that are also fit, not 78 years old, available, and financially affordable?

Bunnings?

Tomthumb

Desmond Connor (43)
I watched Lynagh get blown completely off two breakdowns today, which were immediately turned over and returned for tries. I watched Donaldson and Ikitau unable to wrap up a player's offload which immediately resulted in a try. I watched Jorgensen and the Stewart completely unable to get a decent hit on a big backline players which directly ended up in tries. Etc etc.

Small bodies trying to stop big bodies
I watched Koroibete miss tackles too, so what exactly is your point here?

Size isn’t the issue, it’s a combination of lack of line speed, lack of technical ability on the tackle and lack of teamwork in contact.

Size at winger will not make us a better defensive team. It doesn’t help that our defence coach seem intent on being passive off the line.

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
Where are we going to find this untapped source of freak athletes that are also fit, not 78 years old, available, and financially affordable?

Bunnings?
RA used to have plenty of them. Not anymore. And I can't mention Arnold, Skelton or Kerevi, sorry

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
The "Nick Frost Award for facing the crowd while your opposition scores directly where you should have been" this week goes to Hamish Stewart.

The award for not defending next to the ruck on your try line, this week is awarded to Nick Frost

Attachments

• PXL_20240908_022139038.jpg
    PXL_20240908_022139038.jpg
    602.4 KB · Views: 74