• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Argentina v Australia TRC Round 4 Sunday 8 September 5am (AEST)

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
Bunnings could be a good answer. But you have to sign them young so once they have 20 or 22 can play for Australia

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
The Wallabies suffered their largest defeat against Argentina and I am the problem. RA should pay me to be their official scapegoat.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
The Wallabies suffered their largest defeat against Argentina and I am the problem. RA should pay me to be their official scapegoat
Your not the problem, you are just an annoying shit bag. How many times can you say the same fucking thing.

I can predict your next ten posts. Get Skelton, Rory and Kerevi, durp durp. Throw in some a sprinkle of victimism. And you no longer need to post

Make your point once then move the fuck on.

rugbyAU

Dick Tooth (41)
This weeks Wallabies numpty of the week goes to…

Slipper, AA and Marika

Ironically three of our most experienced players

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
The "Nick Frost Award for facing the crowd while your opposition scores directly where you should have been" this week goes to Hamish Stewart.
ausrugby1.png

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
I can predict your next ten posts. Get Skelton, Rory and Kerevi, durp durp. Throw in some a sprinkle of victimism. And you no longer need to post
You didn't, my next post is: "NZRU board should be happy after this TRC round, they make the right decision for their interest creating the new Bledisloe Cup"

Prodigy

Ron Walden (29)
To be fair, he was probably going at the previous breakdown. Look at the 'fresher' players there, Gleeson, Tom Lynagh.....

Goosestep

Jim Clark (26)
It's obvious that size isn't the most important thing in rugby. Buuuut is you are the underdog, at least can help you in something if you have fast, big or explosive players.

Georgia is a good example. They aren't a Top rugby nation but they are strong and they have a fiercess forward pack. That allowed them to perfomanced consistenly better than other nations as Russia, Spain or Portugal
As a nation we have never valued a or promoted having a large front row/ forward … the focus has always been being mobile over sheer size.

can’t get away with that anymore

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
The second half remember me the Randwick vs Argentina game in 2019. It was 0-74. The curious fact? Donaldson was the 10 in both games

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
It was a great offload by Molina. Caught 4 Wallabies out, none of whom expected the ball to be passed on out of the ruck.

Stewart is just unlucky he was the one caught by the camera

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
As a nation we have never valued a or promoted having a large front row/ forward … the focus has always been being mobile over sheer size.
That's right but when South Africa was a Top 5 nation, not too long ago. They always lost against the ABs and were consistenly beat by the Wallabies in Australia. They had big bodies to avoid a 67-27 defeat. It's not the best the way but can help.

griffins

Billy Sheehan (19)
Gleeson in that case had shot out of the line leaving Wilson isolated and creating the offload opportunity. Was a common theme through that second haf as individuals tried to problem solve by themselves, leading to worse linebreaks. Obviously the precondition for these situations is quick ball, so the guys in the middle are part of the problem too.

Its wrong to say they weren't having a go though, as many have said. If anything some of our worst decisions/plays came from guys trying too hard for the big play.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Wow, where to start. A game of two halves, ha ha.

Actually, the Wallabies did look good in the first half. Tizzano was in everything; Wilson had a belter; the backline was effective; Gus Bell ruled the park and the scrum was at least at parity. They were competitive and it showed on the scoreboard.

Come the second half, and Bell gives way to Slipper, AAA already with 10 - 15 minutes on the field in the first half, the scrum starts going backwards and the defence opens up cracks as large as the Sydney Heads. Unfortunately, Argentina decided to play fast, open, attacking rugby and everything they tried came off. An exceptional performance from them.

On the scrum, it looked to me that we gave ground only on the LH side. James Slipper was shuffling backwards under pressure and Rob Valetini illegally joined the front row on occasions to support him. I thought Allan Ala'alatoa was still strong but can anybody actually point out any penalties he gave away? I don't recall any. And I'd say 50 minutes of Allan with effort around the ground and parity on his side of the scrum serves the team better than 30 minutes of Tupou in a handful of scrums and laziness around the ground.

The size of the loss however was due to the backline failing to perform in defence. This could simply be down to the number of changes made from the past few weeks, or to their inability to rejoin the fray after one involvement under the pressure of the sheer pace of the Puma's attack, or some poor defensive reads and efforts on the part of some individuals. Len Ikitau went backwards from his efforts in last week's game but may have an injury excuse. Koroibete and Donaldson missed tackles they should have made and by the end Kellaway was simply ushering the Puma players through to the tryline.

For the upcoming tests and EOYT, I think serious thought has to be given to :-
* replacing, or at least resting, James Slipper. Bell needs to go 60 minutes or thereabouts and either Kailea or Hodgeman come on from the bench.
* Tupou needs to be managed better. Thirty minutes is not enough time in a test match.
* Lynagh is not yet anywhere near test match standard and may never be. He is too slow and too small at this level and doesn't offer any other skills to compensate. Pretty much the same problems as Noah has.
* Stewart has had one good game and one poor to average in his two tests. Stick with him for the present until a bigger body with better skills comes along. Paisami is not that man.
* replacing Koroibete altogether as he is over the hill and is a liability to the team.
* moving Kellaway to the bench.
* dispensing with playing both Rob Valetini and Harry Wilson at the same time. They are similar players but Harry just doesn't have Rob's presence on the field. Langi Gleeson also doesn't provide the necessary impact as a replacement for Valetini.

I was (perhaps alone) in thinking Max Jorgenson had a good game in the circumstances. Very few errors, if any of note and solid if not spectacular. He will improve. Good to also see Canham get a little bit of game time. I see him as backup/competition to Frost for one second row spot.

Last edited: