• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Argentina v Australia, 8am Sunday 1 Sep (AEST) - TRC Round 3

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I think he probably added that because the team @Dctarget posted didn't have a (c) listed next to anyone's name, so this thread only had Doran's leak, not official confirmation.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
It looks pretty clear that Paisami is Schmidt's first choice 12 when fit, he hasn't even chosen coverage on the bench when Paisami is there. If he had any doubt about that one of the others would've got a look in earlier.

I'd say the biggest question is still what Schmidt wants to do with his 6-8 balance, particularly once Wright and McReight are back, and possibly at 2, where I don't think he's entirely sold on Faessler and still needs to take a look at BPA.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
45i2c3c94lld1.jpeg

Yoda

Jim Clark (26)
"I am not a great fan of Noah's, and have called for Ben to be given a go in the Wallabies this year, but he has shown absolutely zilch in the opportunities he's had".....would agree with this but Noah has had far more opportunities as a starting 10 than Donaldson and for mine has hardly shown much more. Noah's standing flat and passing with out running onto the ball does it for me. Terrible. Although Joe has more idea than I do obviously.

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
That's cause most of the 10s should be able to cover the inside centre so coaches pick an extra outside back (11,14,15) on the bench. Not cause Paisami is a hell of a player. Actually is the only option at 12. Stewart with 2 good games could be the new starter 12, that's how low is the bar nowadays. And I hope he's the new Michael Hooper, a guy who took his first opportunity in the Rugby Championship with 4 hands and after that, never left the team. That would be great for the Wallabies, if Stewart becomes in a top class inside centre

eastman

Colin Windon (37)
Marce, Hamish Stewart has been playing Super Rugby for at least 6 years now, Michael Hooper had one or two seasons before picked. It’s probably an indication of their relevant talents and a terrible comparison.

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
That's pretty accurate. It's just an extreme comparison. You are right but Stewart doesn't have to do much to match Paisami and make Joe doubt.

rugbyAU

Alan Cameron (40)
Agustin Creevy, Los Pumas first ever centurion, will call time on his wonderful career when the final siren sounds after our game this weekend. He will retire at his home town and with a total of 110 Test Caps- to date the most capped player, 4 x RWC Team for 22 appearances including 2 Semi Finals and was part of the Los Pumas Team in 2020, who defeated the All Blacks for the first time (held here in Australia). Agustin's name will forever be etched in Rugby and Los Pumas history.

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
You won't believe me but I want that the Wallabies win this one. Too much disrespect to the Wallabies by Argies on social networks. All the respect earned by great teams, great coaches and great captains, thrown away. Some examples:
dNqGe9f.md.jpg

The title: "8 different captains in the last 15 games"

dNqGN8G.md.jpg

"Rugby in Australia is falling apart and it hurts me a lot"

"It's just that Australians now prefer Rugby League. They let all the youngs go to League without doing anything."

dNqGwas.md.jpg

"A Corsican the Wallabies. If they are not the worst Australian team in history, they must be the second worst"

dNqGjFn.md.jpg

"That speaks of a team without identity"

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
Maybe good is you are the underdog and have to defend most of time. You can avoid the rival to score under the posts and with a good kicker could be in game easily.

dru

David Wilson (68)
Marce - mate, there is nothing here that is particularly egregious. It's a bit of a slap in the face but pretty tame given that it is reasonably rooted in reality. I doubt Australia would be highly restrained if the tables were turned. Argentina should rejoice in their ranking climb and their growing international reputation. It is a rare rugby test where you can ride both sides at the same time. Enjoy it.

What I'm hoping for is for the Wallabies to surprise. This team with these selections are close to settled. Getting closer anyway. The Pumas might be good, but they don't represent the challenge from the pack in tight that the Springboks do - no insult there, just a note of where the Springboks are. Yes Pumas are better than very solid up front, but let's just see how our guys go.