• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Andy Friend Sacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
That better be MT rather than MG Brown Hornet, I dont want another controversy in WA.

I can just imagine the backline for the Brumbs in a couple of weeks. 10 Gits 12 Tyrone 13 Andrew Smith 15 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) 14 Mccabe 11 Speight

Man they know how to fuck up a ball club in ACT

Yes mate, To'omua! No way I'd have Giteau back now.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
And there I was having breakfast with RedsHappy in New Farm yesterday before jumping on a plane back to Sydney. He patiently listened while I rabbitted on about the Brumbies turning from a positive to a negative influence on Australian rugby since their foundation, the negative bit building over the last ten years as player power reared its ugly head. I espoused Giteau has learnt this philosophy at the feet of masters, Gregan, Larkham, Young, Finegan, Harrison et al. Blow me down, there's a text from RH waiting for me as I land in Sydney advising me Friend was sacked while I was in the air. RH, have the Brumbies' board bugged that cafe in New Farm? Be careful what you say at The Little Larder.

This is a very bad development for Australian rugby.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
That would be the neologism of the day, "prescient" would be the word of the day. And I would be the pedant of the day! ;)

You can have the pedant title for a day, pedallist, but you'll have to put in a more Peripatetic performance to knock me off my plinth.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Anyways, To'omua (despite already contracted to the Brumbies next year) would have to be pretty dumb to want to pack up and move to another club where he'd sit on the bench behind other established flyhalves... especially when he's guaranteed the starting spot at the Brumbies next year...

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)

The strangled words of a man in grief for the club he loves?

Mocking laughter dies as the truth dawns?

The sound of Slim booking tickets on Hawaiian Airways to escape the ignominy?

Or perhaps a systems design designation of Andy Friend's status?

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
Nah, just the naivety...

Touche :)

Moving on, I am feeling conflicted. Just two days ago in the herald I read this:
Hooker Stephen Moore said some leaks from within the team were dispiriting.

"They know who they are," Moore said.

"It is disappointing and we've got to move forward the best we can."

My respect for Moore went through the roof. A senior player coming out and saying you know, I know, we all know who you are so pull in your head. Showing, dare I say it, leadership.

Then today:
There is little doubt the rift between Friend and the senior players was a major factor. Five senior players - Matt Giteau, Stephen Hoiles, Rocky Elsom, Stephen Moore and Adam Ashley-Cooper...

And it went through the floor. I know we get all of this through the distorted prism of the media, so does anyone have any thoughts/explanations? I always personally saw it as most likely it was Giteau, Hoiles and Elsom out for blood, and in fact said that yesterday to a friend. But of course the newspaper always tells the truth...

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Touche :)

Moving on, I am feeling conflicted. Just two days ago in the herald I read this:

Hooker Stephen Moore said some leaks from within the team were dispiriting.

"They know who they are," Moore said.

"It is disappointing and we've got to move forward the best we can."

My respect for Moore went through the roof. A senior player coming out and saying you know, I know, we all know who you are so pull in your head. Showing, dare I say it, leadership.

Then today:

There is little doubt the rift between Friend and the senior players was a major factor. Five senior players - Matt Giteau, Stephen Hoiles, Rocky Elsom, Stephen Moore and Adam Ashley-Cooper...

And it went through the floor. I know we get all of this through the distorted prism of the media, so does anyone have any thoughts/explanations? I always personally saw it as most likely it was Giteau, Hoiles and Elsom out for blood, and in fact said that yesterday to a friend. But of course the newspaper always tells the truth...

Did it not occur to you, MM, that the players he was filthy on may have been those who were leaking details of the plot? Around that joint it would be a good idea to wear a bullet-proof vest - back to front.

Status
Not open for further replies.