• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Andy Friend Sacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elfster

Alex Ross (28)
well the pressure is well and truly on the players this weekend. They have gotten what they wanted. Nothing standing in the way of them blitzing the comp now.

But withsome of these players I fear that they would rather spend time scheming to get rid of their coach rather than concentrate on actually winning games....

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Does anyone else think that this can only end in tears for the Horsies? I'm all about and for player power, but all well run organisations have people at the pointy end with whom the buck normally stops. If the Brums make this work, I'd be pretty surprised. As Reg says, they've got what they want now -- over to you fellas. No excuses now and by god there have been a few in the last five years.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
The Brown Hornet I think everyone thinks that. The pressure is on big time. If they don't win every home game they'll be he'll to pay

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
ok, no real reasons but also sounds like it shouldn't have been surprise to Friend. Thats probably all you can ask for in these circumstances.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Hornet I'm for INPUT from the players. Ultimate control has to reside with the coaching staff. What a shit job if you are assessed on performance but have limited say in how your job is run and what you can do to achieve your KPIs, nobody in their right mind would take it unless they wanted to use it as a stepping stone only for something else.

This player power thing is fraught with danger IMO, who will want to coach them now, some masochist, people with little or no experience or ex-player power boys such as they have.

I hope AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Palmer, To'omua & Mcabe see the writing on the wall and leave for one of the other teams where they can be part of a productive environment, they have bright futures if they do not get indoctrinated with this empowerment bullshit.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Hornet I'm for INPUT from the players. Ultimate control has to reside with the coaching staff. What a shit job if you are assessed on performance but have limited say in how your job is run and what you can do to achieve your KPIs, nobody in their right mind would take it unless they wanted to use it as a stepping stone only for something else.

This player power thing is fraught with danger IMO, who will want to coach them now, some masochist, people with little or no experience or ex-player power boys such as they have.

Agreed on both counts. The modern workplace is all about employee empowerment, but as I said upthread, the buck has to stop with somebody.

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
Time will tell how this all falls out - Aussie Rugby needs the Brumbies to be strong - no need for us to speculate on the possible roles of any of the players - we must look forward and build for the future - RWC is this year and we all need to be on the same page come end of the SuperXV season.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I think Phil Mooney's free at the moment aye Gnostic?

I'd love to see him get another go. I really believe Link benefited from his work in 2010 and now in 2011 we will see what Link can really do, unfortunately for my Randwick hero, its looking like the Reds are playing like the Tahs of a few years ago and a certain Frog Team.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
I think one of Giteau and Elsom wants to stay on post RWC, neither willing to do so with Friend at the helm.

I'd love to see Mooney get the gig, he did a great job turning the young Reds crop around, a similar crop the Brumbies have started to assemble.

Status
Not open for further replies.