• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

and so onto France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Agree with you there, cyclo - there doesn't seem to be any sign of AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) improving, or a particular game plan that suits him coming into play for him to continuously warrant fullback selection. I understand Deans wanting to give him time to develop in that role, but at the moment it is at the exclusion of all other options.

Some on here have postulated that it is so Deans can play a counter attacking game, using AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) as the main runner and link man between wingers. He certainly is the best of the current back three at beating the first defender and being able to stay on his feet, but we are lucky if we see him run the ball once per game!

Mitchell is clearly the better of the two kicking out of hand, both long kicking to space and bombs. I don't recall seeing the Wallabies ever retaining the ball off once of AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s up and unders (in fact, most of his should just be called 'ups', because he hardly ever gets 'under' them).

It is bloody frustrating.

R

rugbywhisperer

Then again guys, we could have had the situation we had when Greg Smith (bless his soul) change the line up every 6 milliseconds and team unity, morale and combinations wen out the window.
I at least give credit to Dingo for sticking to his guns - after all, he has the job and I don't

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Not to mention Robinson has earned a rest, while very few of our backs have. Though I'm sure Benny is champing to start again.

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
You also have to remember that the rest is not just the 80mins on the field on Saturday but actually covers the whole week with a reduced training schedule and allows the players a bit of freedom during the week.

I spoke to Robbie on Saturday night but unfortunately I dont remember much of what we spoke about. I do remember him saying how proud he was of everyone and what a good bunch of genuine blokes most of the team are.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
the gambler said:
Does anyone know anyone that wants a ticket for this game?

You shouldn't have any trouble getting rid of that ticket, TG, there are heaps of blokes here who'd love to see the Wobblies this Saturday. Scarfie and I up here in the Blue Mountains for a start. Then down in Sydney there'd be Nick, Lee, Biffo, Cyclopath and Naza. There'd be a bunfight in Brisbane for it with Noddy, Scotty, FOS and others aching to go. Even Turban in Perth'd stick his hand up. ;D ;D ;D

How are you going to decide who to give it to? ??? ??? ???

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Does it come with a return flight to Paris? It would have to go direct from Brisbane of course, I couldn't bear having to go through Sydney.

R

rugbywhisperer

Gagger said:
It's about the only way to see it up here - not on telly AGAIN!

yes it is, Fox 3 at 06:00 Sunday, kickoff at 06:30 real time

F

formeropenside

NTA said:
They have an international airport in Brisbane? :nta:

Yeah, we have those Zeppelin thingis everywhere now. I hope they dont catch fire though, I understand they are flammable.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Well, you could always grab TG's ticket and duck over to Paris and see it live. ::) ::) ::)

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)? WTF? Give Cross the heave-ho and put AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) there.

Agree that Burgess will improve against French, but people who are blaming his English performance on anything but himself are deaming. On about 10 occasions (well, 6-8 anyway) he picked the ball up in a perfectly reasonable position and simply bottled it.

Palu vs Brown? I think Cliffy will win this one in the end.

Starting with McMeniman at lock? Deans obviously wants this guy to be a proper lock/blindside. I hope Hugh agrees and pushes.

Really looking forward to seeing Pocock run - this bloke is going to be the new George Smith. But not until the old one is finished.

Quade? What can I say? You either believe in him or not. Probably no surprise that I'd put my beloved Tahs Beale and SNK ahead of him.

S

Spook

Lee, why don't you think Chisolm had a good game? Wasn't he packing in the scrum behind Robinson? Connolly stated early this year he was the best scrummaging lock in Oz (which I found strange interesting given the Brumbies scrum was sh|te). I thought Jism was very solid. He isn't as good as big Kev, Sharpe etc but I'd be keen to know why you don't think he's an international lock standard on his last few games? ???

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Spook said:
Lee, why don't you think Chisolm had a good game? Wasn't he packing in the scrum behind Robinson? Connolly stated early this year he was the best scrummaging lock in Oz (which I found strange interesting given the Brumbies scrum was sh|te). I thought Jism was very solid. He isn't as good as big Kev, Sharpe etc but I'd be keen to know why you don't think he's an international lock standard on his last few games? ???

I don't think Chisolm had a bad game, but it's just Sharpe, Mumm and especially MMM had better games so that tall trio is being given a shot.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Spook,

Actually, Chiz was the TH lock and was behind Baxter; so he deserves commendation by inference, but what I said was:

Apart from scrummaging, perhaps, the benching of Chisholm should be an improvement.

I didn't say he had a crook game but he didn't shine for me. If you get a chance to watch the game again have a look at the defensive work of 3M and Mumm, when he came on compared to Chiz. Don't watch the ball when the Poms have it but the get ready defensive play of the Aussies, then what they do.

Chiz did 11 tackles, Sharpie had 20 and 3M had 18. Mumm had 7 in 15 minutes. Sure, Chiz got only 65 minutes, and sure you shouldn't take the stats of one game as gospel, but to me he always seems to be behind in the work rate. I'm not saying it's laziness but some players are not smart picking when to make their efforts, and like surfers waiting for a good wave, often don't get a lot of rides.

And when Capriani made his first break he should have spaced himself more to the right to block out the gap. Then he made things worse by coming out of the line. Cipriani would have otherwise been forced to make his break inside against players coming over anyway. or more likely he would have passed the pill.

I don't think Chiz is a smart player and I'd rather have Mumm on the park than him. I could have egg on my face if Baxter's TH side of the scrum falters because 3M is still a dud there - but it wouldn't be the first time that happened.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Personally I think Sharpe needs some time at THP because he's the biggest lock we've got going without Horwill.

Shit there's a thought: imagine how murderous we would have been at Twickers if Jimmy was there instead of Jism! :eek:

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Too right NTA. It's easy to forget that we're a few key men down.

Which perversely has been a good thing, in the forwards at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.