• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

All Blacks Non-Bledisloe Matches 2024

KiwiM

Arch Winning (36)
When is Samisoni Taukei'aho and roigard back? They will be added if avaialable

There hasn't been much update on Samisoni.

He would come in for Bell rather than be one of the additional 4.

I don't think Roigard is due back until End of Year Tour

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
hitlergif.gif

"Razor to add 4 players to the squad? So Hoskins,
Harry Plummer and 2 others then....."

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Havili and Darry I would say would be the other two to come in

Darry for sure; you're not doing a RC with three locks. Havili would be depressing but unsurprising.

I'd also drop Blackadder for Lakai, and have a look at a Papali'i/Lakai/Savea loose forward unit with Jacobson or Sititi on the bench. That and give further thought to S.Barrett at blindside.

KiwiM

Arch Winning (36)
Darry for sure; you're not doing a RC with three locks. Havili would be depressing but unsurprising.

I'd also drop Blackadder for Lakai, and have a look at a Papali'i/Lakai/Savea loose forward unit with Jacobson or Sititi on the bench. That and give further thought to S.Barrett at blindside.

I'd prob bring in Suafoa or Haig. Finau is the right build for a 6 but we need another option there.

Lakai has been training with the squad as an emerging player / apprentice.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
ScoBar sidelined.

ASav to captain, Darry into the 23 if not the XV & whoever's next cab off the rank the 36 as cover. Lord still injured, I think, so maybe Strange?

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Love, Jordan, Havili & Cane added to squad; Lord brought in to cover ScoBar & Hotham selected ahead of Christie.

Edit: no Narawa either & no mention of him being unavailable due to injury.

Hookers: Asafo Aumua, Codie Taylor, George Bell.

Props: Ethan De Groot, Tyrel Lomax, Fletcher Newell, Pasilio Tosi, Ofa Tu’ungafasi, Tamaiti Williams.

Locks: Scott Barrett, Tupou Vaa’i, Patrick Tuipulotu, Sam Darry.

Loose Forwards: Ethan Blackadder, Sam Cane, Samipeni Finau, Luke Jacobson, Dalton Papali’i, Ardie Savea, Wallace Sititi.

Halfbacks: Noah Hotham, TJ Perenara, Cortez Ratima.

First five-eighths: Beauden Barrett, Damian McKenzie.

Midfielders: Jordie Barrett, David Havili, Rieko Ioane, Anton Lienert-Brown, Billy Proctor.

Outside backs: Caleb Clarke, Will Jordan, Ruben Love, Stephen Perofeta, Sevu Reece, Mark Tele’a.

Injury cover: Josh Lord.

Last edited:

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Sam Cane cannot be there for his matchday XXIII rugby. Must be as some sort of squad mentor. Test season ends in about 4 months ffs. Dude hasnt played all season, is retiring from intl rugby at seasons end, and still gets fast tracked straight back in ffs.

KiwiM

Arch Winning (36)
Sam Cane cannot be there for his matchday XXIII rugby. Must be as some sort of squad mentor. Test season ends in about 4 months ffs. Dude hasnt played all season, is retiring from intl rugby at seasons end, and still gets fast tracked straight back in ffs.

I don't mind the Cane selection. He's the 2nd best 7 in the squad

With 2 tests in RSA his test experience and his style of game could be helpful

Young LakaI has already been training with the squad so is being groomed to take over.

Tomthumb

Dick Tooth (41)
I don't mind the Cane selection. He's the 2nd best 7 in the squad

With 2 tests in RSA his test experience and his style of game could be helpful

Young LakaI has already been training with the squad so is being groomed to take over.
Problem is the makeup of the loose Forwards. With Cane, Papaili, Savea and Jacobson you have 4 open sides. Seems super undersized

KiwiM

Arch Winning (36)
Problem is the makeup of the loose Forwards. With Cane, Papaili, Savea and Jacobson you have 4 open sides. Seems super undersized

I agree with that. Throw in Blackadder too who is another hybrid loosie.

They should have another proper 6 at least to battle with Finau

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
I actually wonder if we are seeing the evolution of loosies is all. The classic 7 of yesteryear is basically gone (terrier whos main job is ti win turnovers), and I also think the 6 these days has developed past being basically a hard hitting close in ball carrier. Same as 8 , I actually think the days are coming where the locks are playing a lot like the 6s of old etc.
I think it's part of the evolution of forward play and the want for ball movement etc. Even props these days are more like hookers etc in their skill set of running with ball, tackling etc. We expect backs etc to be good over the ball in tackle etc now too.

Tomthumb

Dick Tooth (41)
I actually wonder if we are seeing the evolution of loosies is all. The classic 7 of yesteryear is basically gone (terrier whos main job is ti win turnovers), and I also think the 6 these days has developed past being basically a hard hitting close in ball carrier. Same as 8 , I actually think the days are coming where the locks are playing a lot like the 6s of old etc.
I think it's part of the evolution of forward play and the want for ball movement etc. Even props these days are more like hookers etc in their skill set of running with ball, tackling etc. We expect backs etc to be good over the ball in tackle etc now too.
Thing is the evolution involved teams going for bigger back rows, as opposed to Robinson going for a really undersized one

KiwiM

Arch Winning (36)

Whilst I agree somewhat regarding openside flankers and it seems to be what NZ are mostly producing (hybrid loosies) but I'm not convinced it's some evolution of the game. Blues forwards were dominant this season playing an old school style.

We'll have to see what happens in the second half of the season.

After these two argie games ABs play 8 of their last 9 games on the road including Boks twice, Wallabies, France and Ireland - all teams with strong loose forwards