• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

All Blacks Non-Bledisloe Matches 2024

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Aumua's throwing and carrying have been good. Williams has been getting stuck in as well.
Proctor has looked good and the midfield in general has been great. At a minimum one of them needs to be at centre for the RC.
Clarke's power running is much needed. Two wingers running sideways is sus.

Scrum has been good, as expected. Forwards breakdown work, on the other hand... Savea has been good carrying and the odd good clean from the flankers, but the loosies have, collectively, been average, to say the least. Reckon the Blues pack would bully this mob outside of the scrum.

Obvious caveats that this team in white is a big step down from the other team in white.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Proctor has looked good and the midfield in general has been great. At a minimum one of them needs to be at centre for the RC.
"Only Fiji" but I'd keep Proctor right there. ALB far more inroads than Jordie ever makes too.

Bladders reprising from his "looking busy while being largely ineffectual" songbook.

So cool to see Funaki sub on to be rewarded for a dominant season oh wait my mistake they've subbed on the nice young Cantab boy from the team that came dead fucking last this season GTFOOOOOOOO.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Aumua's throwing and carrying have been good. Williams has been getting stuck in as well.
Clarke's power running is much needed. Two wingers running sideways is sus.

Scrum has been good, as expected. Forwards breakdown work, on the other hand... Savea has been good carrying and the odd good clean from the flankers, but the loosies have, collectively, been average, to say the least. Reckon the Blues pack would bully this mob outside of the scrum.

Obvious caveats that this team in white is a big step down from the other team in white.
Yep all things considered was ok, I know it only Fiji, (noone looses to them do they?;)) ,but have to say I liked the way our midfield went, and down to probably 5th halfback etc was worth feeling good about!

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Hotham ended up going well. Too bad he might be stuck behind Roigard and Ratima for the next 10 years.

Bladders so inaccurate in everything he does. His ball placement a mess, entering rucks from whatever angle he wants, crappy passes vaguely hiffed in general directions. He is literally a loose forward.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Oddjob gets ~55 minutes whereas the Ghost of Codie Taylor had to haunt us for ~75. Checks out.

The Proctologist absolutely has to start at centre. I don't even know if Rieko would make the squad tbh. Perhaps as the second power winger? I wouldn't want him covering the midfield from the bench, at least. ALB would be the better impact option.

Good to see Clarke continuing to play rugby the way god intended; winger pick-and-go. idk why he got penalised for that kick when he jumped first and won the ball while being played in the air. If he'd been a puny winger who got theatrically flipped over then he'd have got the penalty. Instead he seemingly got penalised for bing built like a tank and robbed of another try.

idk wtf happened at the second half scrum but needs to be fixed. Fiji ffs. Ryan has a lot of work to do.

EDIT: And lmao as the Blackadder cringe continues with the SkY sPoRt ExPeRtS. NZ rugby media truly is punishingly shit.

KiwiM

Arch Winning (36)
EDIT: And lmao as the Blackadder cringe continues with the SkY sPoRt ExPeRtS. NZ rugby media truly is punishingly shit.

I can't remember a player more hyped in my life. They never talk about his negatives. He missed 4 tackles - turned the ball over the first 2 times he took the ball into contact - he struggled lifting at the restarts. But 'wOrKrAtE!!!' At best he's an option for a bench loosie - but I think Sititi should be groomed for that role.

Pleasing game with the exception of Ratima head knock. All the debutants went well - get Proctor into 13 for big games.

Tick for Razor's first 3 tests.

Bring on The Rugby Championship.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Bladders so inaccurate in everything he does. His ball placement a mess, entering rucks from whatever angle he wants, crappy passes vaguely hiffed in general directions. He is literally a loose forward.
That's not really fair, he's phenomenal at applying sunscreen:
1721524630410.png

Just look at that perfect coverage.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
That's a suspicious amount of sunscreen. The selectors for the Ranga XV must surely be considering a genealogical study to ascertain his eligibility for the XV. That or rummage through his rubbish for evidence of hair dye.

EDIT: He's also clean shaven. idk what more evidence of closeted ranga you need.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
36-man squad due out next Sunday. Assuming Jordan & Cane come in (why else were they in camp during Eng series?) who else comes in or in the case of the injury callups stays in?

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
That's a suspicious amount of sunscreen.
Bladders = total MORON.

First drop of sweat and wipe of the eyes and he'll be rubbing suncream out of into the things for 10 mins then he'll have to traipse off to wash the whole lot off just so he can see again.

THINK, Bladders.

Last edited:

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Bladders = total MORON.

First drop of sweat and wipe if the eyes and he'll be rubbing suncream out of into the things for 10 mins then he'll have to traipse off to wash the whole lot off just so he can see again.

THINK, Bladders.
But he won't be ruled out with a sunburn, something I imagine is a real risk given how many other ailments he's picked up over the years.