• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

All Blacks Non-Bledisloe Matches 2024

KiwiM

Arch Winning (36)
The 2024 Blues, complete with all their unfancied players, sound fundamentals, and no dedicated attack coach, would do better than the 2024 All Blacks, with all their fancy coaching setups. Change my mind.

100%

This hot potato attack does my head in.

Then Ryan gets interviewed at halftime and says their carry and clean game isn't good enough.

Why do you think that is genius....

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
IF Razor goes the redemption route for Test 2 and IF the same names lose again.......... at Eden Motherf******* Park...............him and his Cantab chums are going to be left with little recourse other than to drop the cossetted tenured motherfuckerrrrrs and give some other keen young mofos a crack. At least temporarily drop them to send a message. Jordie, Ardie, Codie, Rieko, the whole undroppable lot who've fallen in love with the idea of being All Blacks while accruing a horrific win % wholly unbecoming of the "All Black BRAND" (ffs) over the last 4 years.

KiwiM

Arch Winning (36)
2024 Ardie might be the most overrated player in world rugby at the moment. He's good for one leg pumping run and one ruck steal a game that he specifically defends for - otherwise he's a small 8 who has added precisely fuck all this season. If it wasn't for his reputation he'd be dropped.

As captain he needs a huge game this weekend.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
2024 Ardie might be the most overrated player in world rugby at the moment. He's good for one leg pumping run and one ruck steal a game that he specifically defends for - otherwise he's a small 8 who has added precisely fuck all this season. If it wasn't for his reputation he'd be dropped.

To be fair to him he's had similar accusations thrown at him in the past and has immediately produced a worldie display.

Tomthumb

Dick Tooth (41)

The lack of size in the backrow as a whole is such a huge weakness for them. Not picking Sotutu continuing to look like a moronic move

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
The lack of size in the backrow as a whole is such a huge weakness for them. Not picking Sotutu continuing to look like a moronic move
Genuinely think we have lack of genuine size and experience through most of pack. But that's what we got so we got to live with it.
I really not convinced that a Sotutu or another newbie will be answer, just need to suck it up.

I would be making sure Cane is at least on bench, someone who actually hits in the tackle with a hard shoulder! Jacobson would be close too, put players off running down your cahnnel!!

Tomthumb

Dick Tooth (41)
Genuinely think we have lack of genuine size and experience through most of pack. But that's what we got so we got to live with it.
I really not convinced that a Sotutu or another newbie will be answer, just need to suck it up.

I would be making sure Cane is at least on bench, someone who actually hits in the tackle with a hard shoulder! Jacobson would be close too, put players off running down your cahnnel!!
It's not though. NZ has genuine big number 8's in Sotutu, Iose etc but persist with picking Ardie Savea there. And they have a big 6 in Finau that just needs time and they replace him with an undersized player in Blackadder. Add in Cane & Jacobson and it's the smallest loose forward group ive ever seen at test level. England bullied them as did Argentina

And why aren't you convinced that the best loose forwards in Super Rugby would help? Because "Razor" said so?

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
It's not though. NZ has genuine big number 8's in Sotutu, Iose etc but persist with picking Ardie Savea there. And they have a big 6 in Finau that just needs time and they replace him with an undersized player in Blackadder. Add in Cane & Jacobson and it's the smallest loose forward group ive ever seen at test level. England bullied them as did Argentina

And why aren't you convinced that the best loose forwards in Super Rugby would help? Because "Razor" said so?
F*** no, I agree on Finau up to a point, but he's done something to get offside whatever it is. I a bit of a Sotutu fan, but Iose is no bigger than Ardie, almost the same. Sotutu has obviously got faults that the size doen't overcome in their eyes. Not sure what it is, as I reasonably keen on his play. We actually don't have much in the way of sizeable 8s in country really.
When I talked of size in pack, I don't really feel we got any big imposing locks etc. Pat T has good size but seems to be getting hurt a fair bit, and I looking forward to Darry to keep developing and Holland becoming eligible . Ok if we had a big 6 or 8 who were top level would love to see them too.
Not sure the best loose forwards in super aren't in the squad really anyway, maybe as I said I wouldn't mind Sotutu, but he on outer. I think rightly or wrongly perhaps they see ABs playing quite a different style than Blues so he doesn't fit team?

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Amen to this post goddamnit. He loiters waiting for the glory boy moment while others do the shitwork for him.. FFS half the time it was wee ranga Christie biffing himself into rucks cos no one else was there.

Also noticed that the only time you notice him at lineouts is when he's completely fucked the things up. Mentally stupid jump to lose the ball or overruling the halfback so he can chuck the thing over Dmacs goddamn head and lose us the test match.

He may as well go play 2nd 5. With his bro Julian at centre for MP (Moana Pasifika), not a bad idea actually.....

Last edited:

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)

This fucking guy:

maxresdefault.jpg

Is he a rugby coach or a fucking PR consultant?

“We’re engaged around quality of our skillsets, execution of our roles, and the components of our game,” added the defence coach. “The synergy of defence to attack, our set piece … this is a performance we need to correct around our intent, and making a stamp on the game.”

what-tom-cruise.gif

Translation:

We’re engaged around quality of our skillsets, execution of our roles, and the components of our game,” "we are coaching rugby" added the defence coach. “The synergy of defence to attack, our set piece … this is a performance we need to correct around our intent, and making a stamp on the game.” "we should try harder at the rugby. Furthermore diversifying investors stock portfolios maximises equity yields."

Linerunner2023

Darby Loudon (17)
I think this game highlighted how the ABs mainly won with b Barrett coming off the bench and you were kind of waiting for that again v pumas
Up 20 to 8 and lost they seemed to lack penetration from the forwards

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Whoever brought the nonsensical term "learnings" into the game needs a good boot up the ass
Whoever first used the non-word "learnings" needs good boot up the backside, probably need to go back to school for some English lessons.

/end rant

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
1. Tamaiti Williams (8)
2. Codie Taylor (88) (Vice Captain)
3. Tyrel Lomax (35)
4. Tupou Vaa’i (29)
5. Sam Darry (2)
6. Ethan Blackadder (12)
7. Dalton Papali’i (35)
8. Ardie Savea (85) (Captain)
9. TJ Perenara (83)
10. Damian McKenzie (51)
11. Caleb Clarke (21)
12. Jordie Barrett (61) (Vice Captain)
13. Rieko Ioane (72)
14. Will Jordan (32)
15. Beauden Barrett (127)

16. Asafo Aumua (10)
17. Ofa Tu’ungafasi (60)
18. Fletcher Newell (17)
19. Josh Lord (5)
20. Sam Cane (95)
21. Cortez Ratima (3)
22. Anton Lienert-Brown (74)
23. Mark Tele’a (12)

Unavailable due to injury:
Ethan de Groot (neck). Scott Barrett (finger surgery), Patrick Tuipulotu (calf), Stephen Perofeta (calf), Luke Jacobson (hamstring).

9. TJ Perenara

shocked-gif-18.gif