• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

All Blacks Non-Bledisloe Matches 2024

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Oddjob Aumua has to start. Taylor cannot fuck people up like that
Another good try to the ‘Coward’ .
sure, I admit it was a terrible insult.

But you have to understand the context. YEARS of garbage from the almighty Auckland Blues and they finally get it going in the right direction when hello, Beaudy swans into town and immediately cotton wools the bod for a Japan payday. Standing at fullback and immediately kicking the ball away every time it comes near him. Despite being a murderous counter attacker.

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
Really, commentators in all comps need to get up to speed with these incidents. It is embarrassing when they bang on about these sort of hits being just fine.
And I include some of the muppets inn Oz on Stan too.
Agree. The sport needs to be on the same page, including those who are representing the sport in the media (ie. commentators).

Don't get me wrong I struggle as much as the next person which the finesse of the framework that doesn't seem to always accommodate some of the range of actions, but for better or worst its the best they've been able to devise.

I sometimes feel like the commentators have been watching too much NRL (who truthfully must be skirting close to some future legal action).

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Seems some PR punisher has got in Robertson's ear. That post-match interview was just as pointless as all other coach interviews and a sad effort compared to his England series interviews.

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
Well done All Blacks. Solid response to last weeks loss. Lots of players who needed to stand up did. Players like Ardie and Perenara. McKenzie much better, especially off the boot.

Real test coming up 1st Sept when you face the Springbok and we see how you go backing it up away in a hostile stadium rather than that love nest you call Eden Park :)

Last edited:

Yoda

Jim Clark (26)
Ok. I now understand the context because at the time I thought you were completely mad… as an Aussie he destroyed us on numerous occasions and I rate him as one of the greatest All Blacks. You’d be pretty proud if you were Mr and Mrs Barratt. Three sons play for the All Blacks…. and on many occasions together. Anyway, not this year but one day we will get that Bledisloe Cup! Praying .

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Bladders went very well. Wonder if the wet weather razed the burr off his over-exuberant inaccuracies. Defo a handy pest defending lineouts

The Eden Park Effect. The fumes from the still-smoldering embers of those recently pulverized and murdered in broad daylight and sometimes by cloak of darkness this season by The Auckland Blues Killdozer clearly seeped up from the turf and into the brains of the All Blacks and drove them to heroic deeds. Then the energy from the fumes of glory petered out as the rains took effect. This is Basic Science 101.

KiwiM

Arch Winning (36)
Much better from the ABs.

Intensity and accuracy was far better

Some nice variations on attack with the chip kicks into space a good option in the wet

The whole pack played well. Agreed Tamaiti should now be starting loosehead.

Barretts had strong games and the first choice wingers showed why in this game.

Sets things up nicely for the Bok games in 2 weeks.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Is it only me? But I genuinelt think Jordan looks better on wing than at 15.
But got result I expected and had posted as such, little pissed we have to have a crap game like last week.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Rieko, god knows. Looked out of sorts again but OTOH the D was shored up. Maybe he's a glue guy for the D? Offered nothing on attack.

No way Razor will drop anyone after that though. We're stuck with Flapanara

Vaaai went well but he's still not the bloke I want defending under the kosh in a goalline stand at Ellis Pawk. Too light.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Jordan certainly does seem better suited to roving wing rather than fullback. Hopefully we'll see the likes of Ruben Love and Zarn Sullivan at fullback for the EOYT (realistically next season for Sullivan) as they're more suited to the second playmaker role. With Roigard's return, and Proctor sliding into the midfield, that would mean a long term backline of something like:

9. Roigard
10. McKenzie
11. Clarke
12. J.Barrett
13. Proctor
14. Jordan
15. Sullivan/Love

21. Ratima
22. B.Barrett
23. ALB/outside back utility

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
A number of bokke back from injury:

"The Springboks have recalled lock Nicolaas Janse van Rensburg to boost their second row options.

"Prop Steven Kitshoff, No 8 Jasper Wiese, halfback Jaden Hendrikse, centre Andre Esterhuizen and utility back Canan Moodie all return from injury or suspension to bolster the side that won back-to-back tests in Australia this month."

South Africa squad to face All Blacks:

Props: Thomas du Toit, Steven Kitshoff, Vincent Koch, Frans Malherbe, Ox Nche, Gerhard Steenekamp, Jan-Hendrik Wessels

Hookers: Malcolm Marx, Bongi Mbonambi

Locks: Eben Etzebeth, Salmaan Moerat, Ruan Nortje, RG Snyman, Nicolaas Janse van Rensburg

Loose forwards: Ben-Jason Dixon, Pieter-Steph du Toit, Siya Kolisi (captain), Elrigh Louw, Kwagga Smith, Marco van Staden, Jasper Wiese

Halfbacks: Jaden Hendrikse, Cobus Reinach, Grant Williams

Five-eighths: Sacha Feinberg-Mngomezulu, Manie Libbok, Handre Pollard

Centres: Lukhanyo Am, Damian de Allende, Andre Esterhuizen, Jesse Kriel

Outside backs: Kurt-Lee Arendse, Aphelele Fassi, Cheslin Kolbe, Willie le Roux, Makazole Mapimpi, Canan Moodie.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
AB's named

First five-eighths: Beauden Barrett

Outside backs: Harry Plummer
aDDixHF.gif

ps this GIF is like @cyclopath moderating the Schoolboys forums.....

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Plummer comes in for Perofeta, Lord stays in for PatT. DeG & Jacobson good to go as is ScoBar.

All Blacks squad for South Africa

Hookers:
Asafo Aumua, Codie Taylor, George Bell.

Props: Ethan De Groot, Tyrel Lomax, Fletcher Newell, Pasilio Tosi, Ofa Tu’ungafasi, Tamaiti Williams.

Locks: Scott Barrett, Sam Darry, Josh Lord, Tupou Vaa’i.

Loose Forwards: Ethan Blackadder, Sam Cane, Samipeni Finau, Luke Jacobson, Dalton Papali’i, Ardie Savea, Wallace Sititi.

Halfbacks: Noah Hotham, TJ Perenara, Cortez Ratima.

First five-eighths: Beauden Barrett, Damian McKenzie.

Midfielders: Jordie Barrett, David Havili, Rieko Ioane, Anton Lienert-Brown, Billy Proctor.

Outside backs: Caleb Clarke, Will Jordan, Ruben Love, Harry Plummer, Sevu Reece, Mark Tele’a.

Last edited:

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Very satisfying reading about off field drama that doesn't involve the Wallabies. Pray it continues. Yes, I'm a salty asshole.