• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

All Blacks Non-Bledisloe Matches 2024

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Other interesting fact is 1949 we lost 4 matches to SA and Australia also won test series against ABs 2-0, so makes things interesting.

KiwiM

Arch Winning (36)
A really tough ask for Sititi. Playing out of position against the best team in the world away from home in his first test start.

Hopefully he adds some impact in his hits and ball running - Blackadder has a high workrate but wasn't particularly effective with his runs or hit ups last week.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Just hope Sititi along with his hit ups does a few of the things that Blackadder does do, hassling around breakdown and tackling etc. Will be interesting to see if ABs change how they operate loosies with different personal.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Springboks: Wille le Roux, Canan Moodie, Jesse Kriel, Damian de Allende, Cheslin Kolbe, Handre Pollard, Grant Williams, Jasper Wiese, Pieter-Steph du Toit, Siya Kolisi (captain), Ruan Nortje, Eben Etzebeth, Frans Malherbe, Bonbi Mbonambi, Os Niche. Reserves: Malcolm Marx, Gerhard Steenekamp, Vincent Koch, Kwagga Smith, Elrigh Louw, Jaden Hendrikse, Sacha Feinberg-Mngomezulu, Lukhanyo Am.

Equalizer

Trevor Allan (34)
Like the inclusion of Sititi. Hope he has some massive runs and gets physical. Can the AB's bounce back. Hope so. A tough ask in The Republic. Is there a more rapid noisy supporter base than the BOKs at home. They were crazy loud and passionate last week. It's been a great pleasure watching these two foes go at it. Hoping for more of the same tonight 11pm Perth time. Red wine and coffee are my friends.

Equalizer

Trevor Allan (34)
Tough first half. Sititi having a strong game, plenty of hit ups and making ground. Big second half needed by the AB's, looking good so far.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
I have no idea what the actual fuck was going on with the bench. From what I can tell, the the tight-five replacements had ~25 minutes of game time between them. 10 of those during Taylor's HIA. This is one of the dumbest tactical plays I've seen in pro rugby. Especially when the opposition has the best and most clearly defined replacement tactics. In a roundabout way it's actually bizzarely impressive they managed to stay so close while only using Jacobson (should've been Papali'i).

Both wingers were poor. Clarke-Jordan is clearly the best pairing, which also works because I doubt Jordan has the kicking game required for a test fullback. In the interim, give Love a run and then look at Zarn Sullivan during the EOYT as he's clearly the best tactical kicking FB in the country.

Last week the midfield went back to the Schmidt RWC attack of running Rieko close off Jordie. Seemed less so this week but that tight attack seems to be the only way to make him a decent-ish centre. Just put a proper centre (i.e., Proctor) in there. Rieko would be better served going back to the second power wing option behind Clarke and maybe a bench option.

On the other hand, the attack looks better once it gets going as happened in the first half. MacDonald's departure is looking like the correct decision. Hopefully the upward trend continues especially when Roigard returns. Breakdown work was good as was the scrum, aside from the first one and the final quarter when they still, somehow, had the starting front-row on the field. Sititi played well but it seemed like he was the #8 rather than the blindside.

EDIT: And should've been more aggressive with some of the penalty decision as well, especially in the first half. idk if that first scrum spooked Barrett or something.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Boks not flash again today. Kind of a titty-handed mess really. But again, they didnt have to be up to much to dispatch that lot.

Speaking of titty hands. SCROTE. When he dropped that ball, hot on attack, virgin bride ready for defrocking and marriage consunmation, fFFFS. May as well walk out of the stadium, down to the seaside next door, out into the ocean and keep walking until the sea can blacken your shame with a sleep as eternal as it is guilty.

Die Bokke hard done by with some of those pens. Pith Helmet Carley with no home nations to coddle so comes down harder on the zulu savages than the mori ori savages today kidding LOl thought he was surprisingly good today

Codie Taylor really stood up............ until he didnt. 100% KNEW he would bottle that last lineout throw at the death

Got to the 50th minute and Flappa fuckign nara comes on and all the attacking moves come to a grisly halt and its back to static one-offs and backwards hot potato ball behind the gain line.

DMac, 2 kicks to potentially win the game, fluffs them both, thanks for coming you ********

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Guessing Razor will be SEEETHING at that.

Losing was a foreign concept for years and years for him then his 1st season as AB coach he picks a bunch of the old experienced heads to help him get up to speed............ and they're the pricks who have bottled it again and again this season and not repaid his faith.

With Aus a mess I'm guessing he'll look at Proctor/Hotham/Love/Lakai etc to gauge if they're ready to step in for the potential horror run of Eng/Ire/Fra up north

KiwiM

Arch Winning (36)
ABs really need to move on from a number of experienced players.

What good is experience when these guys add fuck all or worse they shit the bed?

I would mark never play ABs again to Perenara, Reece, Telea and Ofa. With a few others on thin ice.

The youngsters are going well. Keep the youth movement going. More is needed.

And I'm gonna be pissed when we drop Plummer for the returning Perofeta. Plummer should be in the 23.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Ardie Savea. Ardie FUCKING Savea. Fuckign sick to death of this guy and his zero impact defense.

He'll probably look a million bucks in 1 of the 2 matches vs the shattered remnants of Australia and goldfish memories will prevail.

Sam Cane,
Wallace Sititi,
Tupou Vaa’i,
Scott Barrett,
Tyrel Lomax,
Codie Taylor,
Tamaiti Williams.

Heyy these guys all seemed to go really well! I thought it was supposed to be "won and lost up front"? Well, it wasnt. It was lost by the stupid lazy backs failing to successfully contest a single kick, stupid Dmac spraying his shots at goal and MONUMENTALLY stupid Wifebeater Reece deciding to have a chat to the ref instead of laying a hand on Malcolm Mawx as the munter strolled in untouched for the winning try in the corner.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
One aspect I wonder about but which will obvs never get mentioned by the AB's is the contract situations. Are some players almost contractually obligated to be chosen (Ardie BB Flappers etc) and it becomes a bit awkward from a financial standpoint if theyre on the big bucks but not playing?
I would mark never play ABs again to Perenara, Reece, Telea and Ofa. With a few others on thin ice.
Somehow Mark Telea has gone from hell on toast to pretty much pillar-to-post lost.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
ABs really need to move on from a number of experienced players.

What good is experience when these guys add fuck all or worse they shit the bed?

The youngsters are going well. Keep the youth movement going. More is needed.

And I'm gonna be pissed when we drop Plummer for the returning Perofeta. Plummer should be in the 23.
Funny you mention Perofeta Kiŵi, I at Naki game now and he's wandering around . I would have Plummer above him at ABs to, hell I have said plenty of times I don't think he best 10 in the Naki