• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2025 schools rowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheekyHooker

Chris McKivat (8)
Haven't heard any predicitons yet for the 2nd VIIIs, any thoughts?
Morning hero, I predict SBHS will be coming last as per usual.

Great to hear this, 2nd VIII is a very under-appreciated division - considering they usually train to a 1st VIII standard, the 2nd VIII division is truly anyones game and I think as there is usually slightly less experience within the crews. However I feel the 2nd VIIIs will go something like this:

1. TKS
2. SIC
3. NC
4. SCEGS
5. SJC
6.TSC
7.SGS
8.SBHS

3. and 4. could be swapped around there is no telling who will be in the minor placings until Term 1 racing gets underway...

The unfolding of events over time will be the ultimate arbiter of truth...

- Cheeky

Last edited:

The Hero

Stan Wickham (3)

Great to hear this, 2nd VIII is a very under-appreciated division - considering they usually train to a 1st VIII standard, the 2nd VIII division is truly anyones game and I think as there is usually slightly less experience within the crews. However I feel the 2nd VIIIs will go something like this:

1. TKS
2. SIC
3. NC
4. SCEGS
5. SJC
6.TSC
7.SGS
8.SBHS

3. and 4. could be swapped around there is no telling who will be in the minor placings until Term 1 racing gets underway...

- Cheeky
Pretty disappointing to see us at last as usual, can't really complain I don't even doubt it. Any crew predictions?

Morgan Freeman

Stan Wickham (3)

1. TKS
2. SIC
3. NC
4. SCEGS
5. SJC
6.TSC
7.SGS
8.SBHS

- Cheeky
Shore 2nd VIII will be there. Will be a fierce battle with Kings and Ignatius. Not sure about NC.

The Chairman

Alex Ross (28)
Haven't heard any predicitons yet for the 2nd VIIIs, any thoughts?
TKS

Stroke: Dugan
7: Yates
6: Bazina
5: Todd
4: Blatchford
3: Duffy
2: Parsons
Bow: Herriott
Coxswain: Watson

Shore

Stroke: Kierse
7: Marshall
6: Faddy
5: Nam
4: Glancy
3: Robinson
2: Scammell
Bow: Wyles
Coxswain: Chapman

Shore may be ambitious, but that 4th IV looked more technically able and race-smart than the rest of their counterparts.

CheekyHooker

Chris McKivat (8)
Shore 2nd VIII will be there. Will be a fierce battle with Kings and Ignatius. Not sure about NC.
Their 2nd VIII has not looked dangerous since 2022, considering Shore's historical 2nd VIII dominance they could be competing for first...

The passing of events over time will dictate further outcomes.....

- Cheeky

wisemaan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Their 2nd VIII has not looked dangerous since 2022, considering Shore's historical 2nd VIII dominance they could be competing for first...

The passing of events over time will dictate further outcomes.....

- Cheeky
Agreed. Shore in past years have had very dominant 2nd VIII's due to their depth. It looks to be that way this year as well. Junior VIII's were promising last season let's see what they can bring to the table now..

- wisemaan

Electorate 12

Bob McCowan (2)
Evening Gents,

As an Old shore Boy I am still very curious of the rumors of a new shore Empacher 8? Can anybody confirm this?

TFB
Interesting to hear that you're an old boy given you joined the green and gold a month ago. What year and crew did you graduate in?
Nevertheless bizarre to see Shore spending so much money in one year compared to replenishing first 8 boats more often which I think would be more wise. Seems like they're copying Joeys with coloured Empachers as well. I hear the crews down there do love the choccy milks after the sessions. Is that staying next season for the boys?

Peter Chestnut

Frank Row (1)
Evening Gents,

As an Old shore Boy I am still very curious of the rumors of a new shore Empacher 8? Can anybody confirm this?

TFB
Afternoon Fun Bus,

This is awesome to hear, a navy blue empacher would be an abolsute sight to see. Not only does the blue align with Shore's rowing history but it would be a striking presence on the water as it transcends AAGPS fleeting trends.

I could be getting a but ahead of myself here, but the colour psychology attributes a sense of calm, confidence, and strength to navy. This could have a profound effect on the boys mindset, instilling a sense of tranquility and fortitude that is essential for peak performance. Overall if this rumor is real, it would be great to the men race.

Regards,
- The Chesty

Status
Not open for further replies.