• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2025 schools rowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

wisemaan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Wissy Wonders...

Could we get some discussion going about predictions for the IV's. I know we have touched on it previously but would like to cover in abit more depth. I will have my best crack at Shore and New. @CheekyHooker any thoughts??

Yours in sporting reason, A sane observer

-wisemaan

CheekyHooker

Chris McKivat (8)
I think its just too early in the season to say mate
Excuse me Hero,

All @wisemaan is trying to do is bring some attention to the sport of rowing we all hold close to ours hearts. No need to be this negative - have some respect...

I would sure like to talk about the IV's and other probably would aswell. Stop acting like you can dicate what boats we can talk about in the forum, they are all AAGPS crews and they all put effort and passion into their sports, they should be treated like anyone else. Seriously disappointing.

- Cheeky

wisemaan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Excuse me Hero,

All @wisemaan is trying to do is bring some attention to the sport of rowing we all hold close to ours hearts. No need to be this negative - have some respect...

I would sure like to talk about the IV's and other probably would aswell. Stop acting like you can dicate what boats we can talk about in the forum, they are all AAGPS crews and they all put effort and passion into their sports, they should be treated like anyone else. Seriously disappointing.

- Cheeky
Cheers Cheeky

I think what Hero was trying to say is the 1st VIII are sometimes are a little easier to predict but the IV's due to so much improvement are a little unpredictable. Nonetheless this shall not stop my endeavours on this as I believe all GPS crews put an immense amount of time into their boats. However cheers cheeky, looking forward to seeing your predictions...

-wisemaan

The Hero

Stan Wickham (3)
Excuse me Hero,

- Cheeky
Well if you believe you have enough information at this stage to make a predicition I would like to see it because just dont think anyone who isnt enrolled at the colleges would be able to comment yet.

wisemaan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Shore 1st IV Prediction - Wissy's Wisdom

Due to Shore's depth in the Junior VIII's, from the looks of it their lower IV's last year mainly being boys who will row again this year. It looks to be that the IV's will be very strong, also with boys from the 1J going to be in the IV's which will be deadly. I am not entirely sure how this boat will shape up but from what I have seen this is some potential options...

In no specific order, all these boys could be in the 2nd VIII or lower IV's

Bow - Keirse
2 - Scammel ( 1J last season likely to be in 2nd VIII)
3 - Bailey
Stroke - Sherington
Cox - Harry Leahy

I will be doing Newington next. I must also add I think some of these boys are doing off season rowing at clubs like SRC and UTS however I am not certain, which may put these 4th IV boys from last year knocking on the door of boys who were in the 1st Junior VIII. I honestly can't predict much yet but this could potentially shape out to be the crew, I do think schoolboys would know more about these things though. Nonetheless only time will tell...

Yours in sporting reason, A sane reason

-wisemaan

Peter Chestnut

Frank Row (1)
Excuse me Hero,

- Cheeky
Bloody Oath Cheeky,

I don't see anything wrong with a bit of predicting here and there.

Regards
The Chesty

CheekyHooker

Chris McKivat (8)
Afternoon Gents,

Cheeky's IV's Rowing Predictions

Rightio @wisemaan without any further or due, I'll be ripping straight in with Newington College 1st IV:

Bow - Oliver Moore
Was the 3 seat of Newington 2nd IV
2 Seat - Angus Edmundson
Rowed in the Yr10 2nd VIII and was rumoured to be one of the hardest working blokes in the shed.
3 Seat - Oscar McConnell
Rowed in the New 2nd VIII but looked like a weak link due to his pear shaped build.
Stroke - Ethan Grove
Stoke of Yr10 3rd VIII and 2nd IV.
Cox - Ollie Eason
Eason dubbed "Snotty" is a recent addition to the esteemed Newington sheds, was influential in the 3rd IV during his performance at Riverview Goldcup. Unsure if a new cox like him has what it takes to make the VIII's...

Let me know if my prediction is valid.

Yours in oar and spirit
- Cheeky

Nigel Sackar

Frank Row (1)
I personally anticipate Shore being seriously dangerous in the upcoming seasons because of their historical dominance in Head of the River. As you said history will dictate further results and I presume this could be true as they haven't had a nearly 5 year drought in 30 years (1994). They certainly seem in contention for it as they made every podium in HOTR except for 2nd VIII and IV, with a Year 10 2nd VIII win.

Any podium predictions for HOTR 2025?

- Cheeky
I see something like this happening:

1. View
2. Shore
3. New or Joeys

Thanks
Nigel

wisemaan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Afternoon Gents,

Cheeky's IV's Rowing Predictions

Rightio @wisemaan without any further or due, I'll be ripping straight in with Newington College 1st IV:

Bow - Oliver Moore
Was the 3 seat of Newington 2nd IV
2 Seat - Angus Edmundson
Rowed in the Yr10 2nd VIII and was rumoured to be one of the hardest working blokes in the shed.
3 Seat - Oscar McConnell
Rowed in the New 2nd VIII but looked like a weak link due to his pear shaped build.
Stroke - Ethan Grove
Stoke of Yr10 3rd VIII and 2nd IV.
Cox - Ollie Eason
Eason dubbed "Snotty" is a recent addition to the esteemed Newington sheds, was influential in the 3rd IV during his performance at Riverview Goldcup. Unsure if a new cox like him has what it takes to make the VIII's...

Let me know if my prediction is valid.

Yours in oar and spirit
- Cheeky
I’m impressed, great take, looking forward to see how this shapes out, only time will tell….

-wisemaan

CheekyHooker

Chris McKivat (8)
3 Best Cinematography in Rowing Videos (2024)

- Here's a list of some rowing videos I personally enjoy because of the cinematography.
- This is only on the 2024 season as a more extensive list is required for all time stuff like that.
- Note these are not in order.

This Scots rowing video has some hectic beat drops paired with some inspiring Steven Hawking quotes, the drone footage, the cuts between clips and the gopro clips are amazing too.

Hearing Shore use "Skyfall" makes me feel like I'm James Bond when every time I watch it. As well as brilliant rowing videos Darcy Finlay also produces some great footy Instagram reels - Shore is defiantly lucky to have him.

The first thing that stands out to me when I watch this video is the suspenseful violin and the high quality footage. Furthermore, we get a bit of an inside scoop into how the Kings boys prepared for their HOTR.

Looking forward to some epic rowing videos next season and there will be more lists to come.....

Yours in oar and spirit,
- Cheeky

Morgan Freeman

Stan Wickham (3)

Due to Shore's depth in the Junior VIII's, from the looks of it their lower IV's last year mainly being boys who will row again this year. It looks to be that the IV's will be very strong, also with boys from the 1J going to be in the IV's which will be deadly. I am not entirely sure how this boat will shape up but from what I have seen this is some potential options...

Bow - Keirse
3 - Bailey
Stroke - Sherington
Cox - Harry Leahy

I will be doing Newington next. I must also add I think some of these boys are doing off season rowing at clubs like SRC and UTS however I am not certain, which may put these 4th IV boys from last year knocking on the door of boys who were in the 1st Junior VIII. I honestly can't predict much yet but this could potentially shape out to be the crew, I do think schoolboys would know more about these things though. Nonetheless only time will tell...

-wisemaan
Scammell and Kierse are likely to get into the 2nd VIII. Not guaranteed, but I think they both could do it. Sherington is in the mix too, Bailey maybe a bit behind.

Ruderless

Frank Row (1)
3 Best Cinematography in Rowing Videos (2024)

- Here's a list of some rowing videos I personally enjoy because of the cinematography.
- This is only on the 2024 season as a more extensive list is required for all time stuff like that.
- Note these are not in order.

This Scots rowing video has some hectic beat drops paired with some inspiring Steven Hawking quotes, the drone footage, the cuts between clips and the gopro clips are amazing too.

Hearing Shore use "Skyfall" makes me feel like I'm James Bond when every time I watch it. As well as brilliant rowing videos Darcy Finlay also produces some great footy Instagram reels - Shore is defiantly lucky to have him.

The first thing that stands out to me when I watch this video is the suspenseful violin and the high quality footage. Furthermore, we get a bit of an inside scoop into how the Kings boys prepared for their HOTR.

Looking forward to some epic rowing videos next season and there will be more lists to come.....

Yours in oar and spirit,
- Cheeky
I would say that there is plenty of better videos such as The Kings Schools 2020, 2022, 2023 videos and the Scots' 2023 video.

CheekyHooker

Chris McKivat (8)

Bow - Keirse
3 - Bailey
Stroke - Sherington
Cox - Harry Leahy

-wisemaan
Wisemaan,

Thoughts on Jones (E)? Bow seat of 1st IV for the whole season in 2024 and was dropped at HOTR due to injury.

Yours oar in spirit
- Cheeky

wisemaan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Wisemaan,

Thoughts on Jones (E)? Bow seat of 1st IV for the whole season in 2024 and was dropped at HOTR due to injury.

Yours oar in spirit
- Cheeky
G'day Cheeky

Jones, coming out of The Shore school was not it my 1st IV prediction. Although he may have ended up in the 3rd crew, he is a higher tier rower. Nonetheless his crew did not perform at HOTR. I do believe however he will be in the 2nd VIII this coming season... Or not some may say if that 3rd IV crew didn't peform at HOTR with him in it. I guess only time will tell...

-wisemaan

Status
Not open for further replies.