• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2025 schools rowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Goat

Bob McCowan (2)
It sounds like SIC are the favourites for 2nd VIII this year, any predicted crew?

Hey Hero,

Exited to see how SIC will handle that big of a upset, is it going to fuel the flame? Or put it out once again?

I Spoke to the older brother of Hugh Waldren (I) Year 11 (3 Seat of 2024 Second 8) and he was saying how keen he is to get these boys out on the water to make sure the LC Robson is in their hands this time next year.

Kind Regards, TFB

The Goat

Bob McCowan (2)
Yes Harry Kelly is in fact the brother of Ed yet takes on quite a different build at 5 foot 8 yet 93Kg. I am surprised at the fact you havent heard of Delaney, he was stroke of the year 10 1st VIII in 2023 as well as Dom Flynn who was unofficial captain and best and fairest of both the year 10 and senior 4th VIII in recent years.

Hey Hero,

Delaney must not have rowed this past season or was he Injured? He was not in any of the GPS crews at Head of the River. Any intel on why he wasn't there?

Regards, TFB

CutOutBallFanatic

Frank Nicholson (4)
Good evening TFB,
I myself have done some research, speaking again to my cousin who's son is in View yr11. He tells me there are a few locks for the 2nd VIII, most namely the one and only Zachary Hyde who made a transfer from Grammar I believe purely for rowing. I heard he is very keen to get back on the water after his unfortunate previous season. Next on the list is Brandon Sullivan, looks to be in good form, however, I heard he spends quite some time at the Sheaf so that may be a concern. And the third lock for this crew appears to be tana McCleary, who will be repeating yr 12 in the attempt of bringing the LC Robson back to its supposed 'homeland'. Among other prospects include Josh Delaney, ALex Forlico, Dom Flynn, George Field (May be getting dropped from the 1st VIII for pastoral reasons), Patrick Keany and Harry Kelly.

I really hope this helps out,
- Hero
Just a tip 'Hero', make it a little less obvious your a schoolboy. For one this dom flynn, two 4th VII's yet you think he will make the 2nd 8? highly unlikely. Talking about another boy 'spending too much time at the sheaf' is just obvious that you are a current ignatius boy (Presumably in their year group). I just find it hard to believe you gain intel on a boy who goes out too a pub.

Anyway, this forum needs to be cleaned up, are there any admins in here? 'The Hero' you are obviously a schoolboy so cut out the constant pisstake.

The Chairman

Alex Ross (28)
Their 2nd VIII has not looked dangerous since 2022, considering Shore's historical 2nd VIII dominance they could be competing for first...

The passing of events over time will dictate further outcomes.....

- Cheeky
They should be there.

All of this year has the comings of a perfect storm for them... looking back historically

A relatively weak First VIII to what they normally produce, but one that has a few talented Year 11s

2nd VIII that underperformed but didn't have the right bodies,

A strong 1st and 2nd Junior VIII performance.

Depth in the IVs

Last time I saw this, it was 2015.

SIC and TKS will be there with them though, make no mistake. Its up to the lads now to do what they need to to cross the line first.

Hey Hero,

Delaney must not have rowed this past season or was he Injured? He was not in any of the GPS crews at Head of the River. Any intel on why he wasn't there?

Regards, TFB
I heard that Delany was having some sickness issues that year, potentially tapering for 2025. But, I am really gunning for the SIC prodigy , George Field: the 'stroker' some call him, made his way through the ranks, stroking the 3rd VIII to the 1st VIII, I'm sure he'll be longing for more this season after losing to a TKS 2nd VIII rower in sculling trials??
Best of luck to George, I'm sure he'll have a cracking season and be filled with motivation!!!!
Best Empacher
P.s I have heard Intel on Shore's new Empacher!!!

wisemaan

Sydney Middleton (9)
I heard that Delany was having some sickness issues that year, potentially tapering for 2025. But, I am really gunning for the SIC prodigy , George Field: the 'stroker' some call him, made his way through the ranks, stroking the 3rd VIII to the 1st VIII, I'm sure he'll be longing for more this season after losing to a TKS 2nd VIII rower in sculling trials??
Best of luck to George, I'm sure he'll have a cracking season and be filled with motivation!!!!
Best Empacher
Do tell..

Best Empacher
Salutations all,

I have inside information that the weather was a bit "too cold" for Delany to participate, and led to his eventual sickness. Luckily for View, George "Fruit Bowl" Field came to the rescue. Expecting big things from the fiery Forbes feather-er.

C'n'C

wisemaan

Sydney Middleton (9)
They have been recently shipped in with the R87 made for 75-90kg rowers along with simple aluminium riggers. However I do believe the R86 mould 85-100kg rowers could be better suited for their higher weight crews, especially with the likes of Galligan.
Best
Empacher
Where are you getting this intel from? Why do you think they have opted for this as well? Love to hear more on this...

- wisemaan

Peter Chestnut

Frank Row (1)
TKS

Stroke: Dugan
7: Yates
6: Bazina
5: Todd
4: Blatchford
3: Duffy
2: Parsons
Bow: Herriott
Coxswain: Watson

Shore

Stroke: Kierse
7: Marshall
6: Faddy
5: Nam
4: Glancy
3: Robinson
2: Scammell
Bow: Wyles
Coxswain: Chapman
Mornin Fellas,
Here is the Chesty's go at St Ignatius 2024:

Cox: Culbert
Stroke: Hartman
7: Kerr
6: Blencke
5: Burke
4: Coble
3: Hallam
2: Ward
Bow: Sullivan
Coach: Bokeyar

Cheers

The President

Allen Oxlade (6)
Afternoon Fun Bus,

This is awesome to hear, a navy blue empacher would be an abolsute sight to see. Not only does the blue align with Shore's rowing history but it would be a striking presence on the water as it transcends AAGPS fleeting trends.

I could be getting a but ahead of myself here, but the colour psychology attributes a sense of calm, confidence, and strength to navy. This could have a profound effect on the boys mindset, instilling a sense of tranquility and fortitude that is essential for peak performance. Overall if this rumor is real, it would be great to the men race.

Regards,
- The Chesty
I'm not a fan of coloured boats to be completely honest. I was down in NZ just before Christmas last year and managed to catch the Christmas regatta at Lake Karapiro. I saw a lot of coloured boats down there and it just didn't seem right. The only exception I have to non-white boats would be yellow empacher's.

The Goat

Bob McCowan (2)
Best Empacher

Good Afternoon EmpacherEnthusiast,

I was in attendance at SIRC during ARC Under 17 Scull Final's which Field was apart of, I believe he looked overly out of place and inexperienced during the race. I was also curious with the mention of the 3rd VIII, does anybody have any knowledge of a Injury he may of carried into the season which affected his selection? If anything what a fantastic effort to make it that far within one season and wishing him all the best for the 24-25 season.

Cheers, TFB

I was in attendance at SIRC during ARC Under 17 Scull Final's which Field was apart of, I believe he looked overly out of place and inexperienced during the race. I was also curious with the mention of the 3rd VIII, does anybody have any knowledge of a Injury he may of carried into the season which affected his selection? If anything what a fantastic effort to make it that far within one season and wishing him all the best for the 24-25 season.

Cheers, TFB
Tends to happen for those younger blokes. Can't quite handle the big pressure yet. Great learning experience.

Cheers, TFB
Also, unsure on who "3rd VIII" is???

@montylaulover I cant help but notice you have disliked all of the @EmpacherEnthusiast' posts. If you have a vendetta against someone in the forum please don't resort to these types of means. Green and Gold is community of friendly discussion and camaraderie and I would appreciate if you were able to refrain from such hateful and immature actions.

Yours Truly,
The Floating Erg

Gday Floating Erg,

I completely agree somebody has to take a stand and address this kind of behaviour.

Cheers, daddydez

Hey there ddd,
Whilst I am grateful for your agreeance with me, it is clear that you are not a true rowing enthusiast and purely someone who is just on here for a cheap laugh and to take the piss. @Lindommer He is clearly a schoolboy here to take the piss, just look at his name and profile photo, hopefully you can punish him with the wrath of the ban hammer

Hey there The Floating Erg,

I am not here to take the piss at all. I'm here to chat about rowing and have a good time while I do it, although it's the people like you who have only been on the forum for 3 hours and are calling for me to get Banned?

Utterly Disappointing from you mate.

Yours Truly, daddydezza

Status
Not open for further replies.