• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2024 Super Rugby Under 16 and 19 series (29th Sept - 3rd Nov)

Rudderless

Trevor Allan (34)
Don't know where the appropriate place is for this, however here's the Australia U18s team

Australia U18 vs. New Zealand Barbarians
St Paul's Collegiate School, Hamilton

11am AEST (2pm local) Wednesday 2 October

1. Kingsley Uys - The Southport School

2. John Grenfell - Nudgee College

3. Edwin Langi - Eastern Suburbs Rugby Club

4. Will Ross - Padua College

5. Isaac Fonua - The King's School

6. Eli Langi - Brisbane State High School

7. Tom Robinson (c) - UQ Rugby Club

8. Heinz Lemoto - The Scots College

9. Angus Grover - St Igantius College, Riverview

10. Jonty Fowler - St Joseph's College

11. Heamasi Makasini - Newington College

12. Josh Takai - Brothers Rugby Club

13. Frankie Goldsbrough (vc) - Easts Rugby Club

14. Tom Howard - Marist College Ashgrove

15. Rex Bassingthwaighte - The Shore School

Reserves

16. Ewald Kruger - GPS Rugby Club

17. Nick Hill - Barker College

18. Jonah Rangiwai - The Southport School

19. Avery Thomson - GPS Rugby Club

20. Luca Cleverley - Newington College

21. Sam Blank - St Augustine's College

22. Finn Mackay - St Laurence's College

23. Zach Fittler - The Scots College

Also the game will be streamed here:
Under Schoolboy Rugby there is a thread called…

U18 Academy Games and Australia U18s​

Rudderless

Trevor Allan (34)
Is Fowler the younger brother of the Rebels Fowler? (Where did he end up?)

And are the Langis related?
Yes Jonty is the younger brother of Joey. Joey is now with the Waratahs and played at 10 last Sunday in Rd 1 of the u19’s Championships.

No I don’t think the Langi’s are related.

Steve_Grey

Bill Watson (15)
According to my source. Quality source too. Fowler and Cullen Grey had a falling out with Nathan Grey during the U20’s Championship earlier this year in the Sunshine Coast. It is believed to have happened after the South Africa game. Of course Harry MP (Moana Pasifika) (Moana Pasifika) started the following game with Fowler on the bench, but not getting on. Both not included in World Cup squad. Would love to know what this is about?
Hopefully Nathan Grey has finished his tenure as JWBs coach and selector.

JWBs last in the inaugural U20 TRC this year and have ended up in the 5th to 8th section at each of the U20s WC since being coach. The benchmark for U20s WC is making into the top four (only top 4 can win the tournament ) – scrapping to 5th or 6th in the 5 to 8 section is a fail.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
According to my source. Quality source too. Fowler and Cullen Grey had a falling out with Nathan Grey during the U20’s Championship earlier this year in the Sunshine Coast. It is believed to have happened after the South Africa game. Of course Harry MP (Moana Pasifika) (Moana Pasifika) started the following game with Fowler on the bench, but not getting on. Both not included in World Cup squad. Would love to know what this is about?
Thats interesting. It seemed odd that neither went to SA for the world cup and they brought Dillon in, seemingly out of nowhere as he hadn't been involved in the camps to my knowledge. I thought Cullen Gray looked a good player and was surprised he didn't get more opportunity
If true and I was never a fan of Grey and his coaching of the side this also looks pretty shit on two young players having a falling out with their coach at this stage of their careers.

Any idea what it was about? Could change my irrelevant perception of it.

Rudderless

Trevor Allan (34)
Round 2 of 5 this Saturday

LIVE on Stan Sport

Last home game for the Brumbies (Rd 3 & 4 are away and Rd 5 is their BYE)

Waratahs have the BYE this weekend.

1727856046121.png
1727856086676.png

Last edited:

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
@Wilson who should we keep an eye on for the Reds? 19s preferebly as it holds a bit more weight to the future of your Super side.

Thank the lawd for NSW hey ACT? 7/8 forwards originating from NSW but will no doubt find their Rugby brains inside the Brumby walls.

Rudderless

Trevor Allan (34)
With Round 2 this Saturday, I’m reposting the Game Day schedule.

All games are LIVE on Stan Sport

Times are AEST

Brumbies v Reds (VIKINGS PARK)
U16 11.05pm
U19 1.05pm

Rebels v Force (LA TROBE UNI SPORTS PARK)
U16 11.35am
U19 1.35pm

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
@Wilson who should we keep an eye on for the Reds? 19s preferebly as it holds a bit more weight to the future of your Super side.

Thank the lawd for NSW hey ACT? 7/8 forwards originating from NSW but will no doubt find their Rugby brains inside the Brumby walls.
Hey, thank the Lawd for the Brumbies hey NSW. 7/8 forwards who wouldn't otherwise be getting a game in this competition.

Rudderless

Trevor Allan (34)
The Queensland Reds will unleash one of its finest academy talents on Saturday when round two of the Super Rugby under-16s and under-19s tournament unfolds.
Fijian powerhouse Trevor King, 19, has been named at tighthead prop for Queensland’s under-19s who play their first match against the Brumbies at Viking Park after a round 1 bye.
King is the young gun front rower on track for playing in an impressive three Under-20 World Cup tournaments after being a part of the Australian team that toured South Africa in 2023 and 2024.
King was just 18 years of age on the first tour last year and just 17 when he first made his first grade StoreLocal Hospital Cup debut for Souths at the start of 2023.

Souths player Trevor King. Picture, John Gass

The proud Downlands College product will make his long-awaited appearance in Maroon on Saturday after a hamstring injury starved him of an opportunity to represent the Reds in the under-18s and under-19s academy matches last year.
Since leaving school in 2022, the powerful front rower has been ticking boxes left and right but playing in a Queensland jersey is the accomplishment he has been working towards

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

There are probably others better informed on the age grade players (particularly u16s), but for mine it's Trevor King and Charlie Brosnan in the forwards and Xavier Rubens and Samuela Tuisau in the backs.

King and Rubens both already have time with the under 20s, with King haven't been involved for the last 2 year, and they've been strong for Souths in club rugby. King looks like he could be a real star in time and with his experience is likely going to be a key piece of the u20s next year. Ruebens is probably going to attract a fair bit of external attention with Pakeho and Goldsborough both in the Reds main squad and a younger centre unit in general he might end up looking elsewhere to get on the field sooner.

Brosnan spent most of the year out with injury, but he started by making the bench for the reds trial against the Force. A big unit and will hopefully comeback well after the time out. Might take a few weeks to build back though, I'm not sure if he has played since his injury in the Australian Club Championship in March.

Samuela Tuisau had a breakout season for UQ scoring a heap of tries, He's very quick off the mark and has that explosive power in contact like we see from Paisami and Daugunu. Not necesserily the biggest, but makes every ounce count and exploits soft shoulders pretty ruthlessly.

There's also a bit of a Souths flavour in general to this team overall which is part of why it's such a pity Nason is injured. He was really good at 10 last year and for Souths Colts this year and with 12, 13 and 15 all from Souths it would've been great for backline continuity in such a short tournament. Not sure how McLaren will go, but he has first grade experience straight out of school for Sunnybank so he shouldn't be overwhelmed at this level.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
King seems to have a lot of buzz around him. Hope QLD or anyone in Aus can get hold of him and Uys from the U18s. When these guys grow into their bodies and rally develop they could be anything.

Can't help but think (paranoia) that teams like Les Bleus would love them too.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
King seems to have a lot of buzz around him. Hope QLD or anyone in Aus can get hold of him and Uys from the U18s. When these guys grow into their bodies and rally develop they could be anything.

Can't help but think (paranoia) that teams like Les Bleus would love them too.
It's a real worry and we've lost a few to them recently like Macarius Pereira to Pau and Lehopa Leota to Racing, but King stands out above them as a talent and their departure probably sets him up to stay. I can't see the Reds letting King go easily, they'll likely want to bring him through on the same path as De Lutiis a year or two behind to form the prop pairing going forward. Hopefully we can keep Uys too, given he's a bit younger (he played u16s last year!) there should be room for him as he comes of age.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
Amongst all the sides in Aus there is space for prospects like this. I know QLD aren't on the centralisation cult as of right now and it probably isn't even required for talents like these as everyone will come knocking.

Group of very good front row prospects floating around between Barrett, De Lutiis, Goddard, King, Hill, Uys, Pearce

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
As discussed in the RA thread, good win by Australia.
It's a real worry and we've lost a few to them recently like Macarius Pereira to Pau and Lehopa Leota to Racing, but King stands out above them as a talent and their departure probably sets him up to stay. I can't see the Reds letting King go easily, they'll likely want to bring him through on the same path as De Lutiis a year or two behind to form the prop pairing going forward. Hopefully we can keep Uys too, given he's a bit younger (he played u16s last year!) there should be room for him as he comes of age.
Much happier they go to France than League. Just hope they don't end up French qualified.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
As discussed in the RA thread, good win by Australia.

Much happier they go to France than League. Just hope they don't end up French qualified.
That's a risk once they're out of the system though, I'm not sure it's much more than a minor win (or maybe just a smaller loss) keeping them in the game. Apparently Leota had his heart set on the wallabies and reds growing up so there's some hope he'll return, but Pereira is a kiwi by birth though so he might be harder to get back. Uys is the one I'd be really worried about if he went off shore - he's qualified for both South Africa and New Zealand I think. It'll be important to lock him down before he gets too much exposure on the under 20s stage and others start sniffing around.