• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 3 Game 1 Australia vs South Africa - 8 Sep

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 3 Game 1 between SAF and AUS?

• The Men In Gold – Australia

Votes: 52 64.2%
  • The Bokke – South Africa

Votes: 29 35.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Enfield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
On paper the Wallabies match up favourably against the Bokkes. If the Wallabies can play a style of game similar to what they played in the 2010 season, the Wallabies should win this one comfortably. There is no reason they can't, the backs have the firepower, all we need is for the forwards to give them a stable platform to fire from.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
On paper the Wallabies match up favourably against the Bokkes. If the Wallabies can play a style of game similar to what they played in the 2010 season, the Wallabies should win this one comfortably. There is no reason they can't, the backs have the firepower, all we need is for the forwards to give them a stable platform to fire from.

Is there any particular recent Wallabies game or moment that gives you such confidence LE? I must have missed it. I don't think either team can claim to be in good form at the moment, but I think they are fairly evenly matched on paper. I agree with what most have already said on the thread - on paper, the Boks probably have the edge in the forwards, the Wallabies have the edge in the backs.

The Wallabies should win this one comfortably? Based on what? I agree they are probably slight favourites, but largely due to the fact that it is a home game for them. I think if the game was being played in South Africa, the Boks would be favourites.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Only now have I realised that there is a Male and Female Steyn.

You can tell because the F one has long hair.*

4fe720e6c846477eb9d6a5ad2c1eaff7.jpg

* I realise this might not be accurate anymore.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I don't actually care who wins, so long as both teams stop playing like shite for a change and it ends up being a cracker of a match.

tooms

Chris McKivat (8)
I don't actually care who wins, so long as both teams stop playing like shite for a change and it ends up being a cracker of a match.

Test matches in Perth against the Boks are rarely crackers ... For some reason they turn into injury and stoppage riddled affairs.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I believe these are S Fainga'a's last 2 appearances against the Boks:

And after watching his most recent game against the Sharks, let's just hope he's not required. I really do refrain from criticising our players but he's just one I find a really dumb footballer.

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
The Springbok team to face Australia in Perth is: 15. Zane Kirchner, 14 Bryan Habana, 13 Jean de Villiers (c), 12 Frans Steyn, 11 Francois Hougaard, 10 Morné Steyn, 9, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Willem Alberts, 6 Marcell Coetzee, 5 Juandre Kruger, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Jannie du Plessis, 2 Adriaan Strauss, 1 Beast Mtawarira.
Bench: 16 Tiaan Liebenberg, 17 Pat Cilliers, 18 Flip van der Merwe, 19 Francois Louw, 20 Johan Goosen, 21 Patrick Lambie, 22 Lwazi Mvovo.

thanks Tooms

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yeah, and it's light years ahead of anyone else in the team . Even higgers has some massive fails at the back. Remember Elsom at 6? The guy was lost at scrum time.
I watched Samo in the club game for Jeeps against Wests at Ashgrove on Saturday.
He was so much more fitter than in his previous club games. He was there until the last 15 minutes and was massive at that club level - he totally ran through some defenders like they wern't there.

Reactions: BDA
W

What2040

Dislike.

Glad TPN is back fit. Imagine if Saia was our starting Hooker? Who would we have on the bench? Charles?

Shit - he only had a sore arse - cannot believe he said he couldn't run on (against The AB's) but he'd be OK to be on the bench - sounds like a "ticker "injury to me.

Hopefully Moore is OK - didn't realise that 1's, 2's and 3's even had hamstrings

Lee Enfield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Is there any particular recent Wallabies game or moment that gives you such confidence LE? I must have missed it. I don't think either team can claim to be in good form at the moment, but I think they are fairly evenly matched on paper. I agree with what most have already said on the thread - on paper, the Boks probably have the edge in the forwards, the Wallabies have the edge in the backs.

The Wallabies should win this one comfortably? Based on what? I agree they are probably slight favourites, but largely due to the fact that it is a home game for them. I think if the game was being played in South Africa, the Boks would be favourites.

Too be honest, you are entirely correct. I am just a hopeless Wallababy fan at the end of his tether, hoping that miracles can happen. At this point of time I would believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, Mr Hankey the Christmas poo and the underpants gnomes, if it meant the Wallabies could rediscover their mojo. My prediction is based soley on hope, optimism and yellow lensed glasses.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Shit - he only had a sore arse - cannot believe he said he couldn't run on (against The AB's) but he'd be OK to be on the bench - sounds like a "ticker "injury to me.

Hopefully Moore is OK - didn't realise that 1's, 2's and 3's even had hamstrings

I don't think that is accurate.

TPN said: "If I can get through training tomorrow, I'll be available for the bench, but everyone needed to know what was going on now, the team needed to be certain who was playing hooker, and I couldn't provide that."

I then believe he didn't get through training on the Friday so he didn't play at all.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Bath must be pissed.

I don't think that is accurate.

TPN said: "If I can get through training tomorrow, I'll be available for the bench, but everyone needed to know what was going on now, the team needed to be certain who was playing hooker, and I couldn't provide that."

I then believe he didn't get through training on the Friday so he didn't play at all.

Nah he's right. TPN didn't want to front up. You know the bloke who kamikazes head first into opposition was scared of the physical confrontation.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
47eb426ff1af46be853baad11df03eb0.jpg

Boks secret weapons from the bench. Flo will play, Goosen maybe not.

If there is one thing I'd hand Flo it's that he will play himself to a standstill.

It will be interesting to see who he replaces if he comes on. One would have to think Vermeulen, who is short of a gallop.,

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I believe these are S Fainga'a's last 2 appearances against the Boks:

That's just too funny.

The poor sod was on the receiving end of Spies' solitary annual show of physicality. :D

That just shows what Spies could be if he backed that frame up with some good old nasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.