• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 3 Game 1 Australia vs South Africa - 8 Sep

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 3 Game 1 between SAF and AUS?

• The Men In Gold – Australia

Votes: 52 64.2%
  • The Bokke – South Africa

Votes: 29 35.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Notice how he couldn't budge Ma'afu.

Ma'afu was just thinking... pretend Spies is trying to push into the buffet queue.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
If there is one thing I'd hand Flo it's that he will play himself to a standstill.

It will be interesting to see who he replaces if he comes on. One would have to think Vermeulen, who is short of a gallop.,
Being Duannes debut I think he'll go for 80 minutes. Coetzee did not push him back, he managed him back and was due a full match last week. Goosen is short of match time. Good news is that Brussouw is back in action this weekend. He is the player we need most in the team. JPP is due back in three weeks.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Test matches in Perth against the Boks are rarely crackers . For some reason they turn into injury and stoppage riddled affairs.

Yep, I've attended several of them and they are routinely snore-fests [no, not that kind of Snor ;)]. Nevertheless, I'll be there on Saturday night.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
So is that good or bad?
That depends at what point in the game TPN successfully disconnects his cerebral cortex from the rest of his nervous system and Avatar Fainga'a comes on.
With TPN / Moore I am a bit "meh" as to which one starts. I don't think Saia is quite there. I suspect he will get a chance to prove me wrong. I hope he does.

W

Waylon

TPN in.

Moore can't stand in the backline with a torn hammy

Great news. One less wallaby forward cramping the backline

We have a backline that can score tries this week. Great to see Squeaky sitting next to Cummins in the grandstand

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Shame Nathan Charles isn't in WA (or the squad). He is better than Fainga'a IMO and deserves the chance to prove it. His positional play and situational awareness is worth a couple of extra trys a year compared to most other pigs.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Fanger really is crap, isn't he? Don't know what he's doing out there. Nice young bloke, but should be playing grade.

Joe Blow

John Hipwell (52)
TPN does not have as high a work rate as Moore. He was doing a lot of walking in the first Bled. Hope he can pick it up on the weekend.
On the flip side he is very strong in the scrum and carries the ball well.

Fainga'a is more like a 3rd openside in the 22.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
If Alexander walks the walk like he talked the talk on Rugby club then front row will go well...very impressive. Sign him up Fox Sports!

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
If Alexander walks the walk like he talked the talk on Rugby club then front row will go well.very impressive. Sign him up Fox Sports!

You are optimistic. Our blokes are notorious at talking a great story only to see it all disappear after the first 10.

Pretty keen to see Strauss and TPN up against each other. Two pretty damn good running hookers.

In the backs i think AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is going to be the key. They have selected a backline to run the pill. Finally a centre pair that compliment the halves natural games. If he can get space and width with Shipperley on the edge we will win. If he forgets to pass, and Barnes decides to kick away the rest of the possession that comes our way, we will lose.

Tips
AB by 24
Boks by 2:(

Hairy Test Eagle

Ward Prentice (10)
It will be good to see Samo starting at 8. He will bring much needed mongrel to the team and having Higgenbotham injected of the bench should work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.