• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2011 RWC - Pool C - Australia, Ireland, Italy, USA, Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluggy

Ward Prentice (10)
More interestingly: Can Ireland?

Yes.

Australia win, bp v Russia - 15.

Italy win v Ireland with or without BP - 15 or 14.

Ireland lose with no BP - 13, or with - 14.

Ireland's failure to collect a BP against the US comes back and bites them on the arse, they go home, and every rugby forum on the internet melts down.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
If the unlikely occurs and we're all on 15 points, I think Australia still goes through on the basis of points difference.

The system is whoever wins the pool match between the 2 teams gets the higher spot. So we would be behind Ireland, but in front of Italy.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
The system is whoever wins the pool match between the 2 teams gets the higher spot. So we would be behind Ireland, but in front of Italy.

Yes, but Italy would be in front of Ireland, so the pool game winner method would be tied.

exISA

Fred Wood (13)
.... then it goes to points for and against if 3 teams area tied on points.

W

Waylon

Italy won't win

Australia will finish 2nd

get used to the idea of playing the Bok, and hopefully the allblacks should we get past the bok

we won the tri nations. Fear not

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
Italy came close in the 6N this year it's going to be close. Ireland go home potentially cause iftwo teams are on equal points it goes to whoever won their clash i believe

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
If we are serious bout winning the cup, who we face should be irrelivant. We have a side that can beat anybody on our day but my fear is consistancy and that has nothing to do with our opposition.

Sluggy

Ward Prentice (10)
If we are serious bout winning the cup, who we face should be irrelivant. We have a side that can beat anybody on our day but my fear is consistancy and that has nothing to do with our opposition.

Agree.

I'm more worried about the selections. Whomever we play will work to shut down Cooper/Genia and we need more outside them than a purely crash ball and tackle centre pairing.

Unfortunately the inside word is McCabe will be picked at 12 :-(

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Not so sure I want Italy to do the Paddys this arv. Wales are on fire. I reckon we're better off against the boks next week. The Samoans did us a favour and tenderized them nicely for us.

Looking at the weather, I'd much rather the Welsh right now. They are far more likely to go for tries than kick for goal every penalty within 50m. The loss of Steyn makes the situation easier for us but the last thing we want right now is a tough forward battle with the Boks followed by an encounter with the Blecks. Our backs will burn Wales, not so sure they would get given much ball against the Springboks regardless of form.

If it's raining, we will probably get demolished by RSA.

grievous

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Agree.

I'm more worried about the selections. Whomever we play will work to shut down Cooper/Genia and we need more outside them than a purely crash ball and tackle centre pairing.

Unfortunately the inside word is McCabe will be picked at 12 :-(

That would be wrong, not surprising but wrong

grievous

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Looking at the weather, I'd much rather the Welsh right now. They are far more likely to go for tries than kick for goal every penalty within 50m. The loss of Steyn makes the situation easier for us but the last thing we want right now is a tough forward battle with the Boks followed by an encounter with the Blecks. Our backs will burn Wales, not so sure they would get given much ball against the Springboks regardless of form.

iF its raining we are screwed no matter who we play. Weather has been rain for every game this weekend, lets hope summer comes early next week

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)

This post by Ruggo sums up our situation brilliantly, and should be inscribed on a banner at the Wallabies hotel to be taken to every stadium change room!

Hardtackle

Charlie Fox (21)

The Welsh forwards are firing at the breakdown and would give our pack a very torrid time. Plus our backs are broken - Digby, Beale and McCabe. Add in that Cooper is misfiring, not so sure we'd burn them. In any case, the Italians won't win. We do need a dry track though to be able to run the bok forwards around.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Love the passion shown by the Itallians during their anthem. Honesty couldn't care less how this ends in regards to our situation, Wales or SA, I think it'll be tough either way. Wales for mine looks even tougher as some have already stated.

Update: Get a clip recording of the Itallians turning the tables on what the Irish did to us holding us up in the tackle & hand it over to our forwards. Thats how you do it!

Sluggy

Ward Prentice (10)
That would be wrong, not surprising but wrong

Maybe he'll still be a bit injured, and with Digby cming back (please, please Dingo don't put AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) on the wing and Antfinger at 13) he won't be considered...

BTW - cabal shaping next Saturday for the double QF.

grievous

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Maybe he'll still be a bit injured, and with Digby cming back (please, please Dingo don't put AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) on the wing and Antfinger at 13) he won't be considered...

BTW - cabal shaping next Saturday for the double QF.

OK, I will check that cabal thread throu the week

Status
Not open for further replies.