• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2011 Rnd 1 Reds v Force

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Waylon

Hodgson is as hard as they come. The bloke is dominant in super rugby and has often outplayed his much more fancied comrade at open side (Pocock). The Force have 4 wallaby backrowers and won't be intimidated or outplayed by the QLD backrow. With the heat and humidity in Brisbane, the smaller more agile Force backrow may in fact be better suited to the conditions. The Force lineout was looking shakey but Sharpe will start. The Force backline has plenty of zip and toe this season. It will be a feast for running rugby. Don't miss this cracker of a contest.

It is fascinating to see the development of Oz rugby over the last few seasons. With due respect, the Force has enabled Oz rugby to build quality depth. There are wallabies across the park on both teams. Australian rugby has never looked so good. The backrows are a classic example. The Force have 3 starting wallabies and one benched wallaby in the backrow.........and so does QLD. That's amazing

W

Waylon

I'm expecting a high scoring game because both teams have an attacking attitude and fast backs + the condittions will be stifling + fatigue due to season opener
Both backlines will set this game alight
Force 47-Reds 45

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I can only think of 4 Force players who would get picked in the Reds First XV - O'Connor, Pocock, Hodgson and Sharpe.

Therefore the Reds are a 3.75 times better side - (15/4).

So it will be the Reds 40 - Force 10. You need to make some slight adjustments to the formula to allow for a Home Ground Bonus Penalty or 2...

Go the Reds!!!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I can only think of 4 Force players who would get picked in the Reds First XV - O'Connor, Pocock, Hodgson and Sharpe.

So it will be the Reds 40 - Force 10. You need to make some slight adjustments to the formula to allow for a Home Ground Bonus Penalty or 2...

Go the Reds!!!

I like the science behind that tip!! Classic.

W

Waylon

Go the Reds!!!

Rugby is a team game and the best team will win, not the best one on paper. I'd argue a few more Force players in an amalgamated lineup but I'll let the new Force do the talking on Sunday

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

Go the Reds!!!

Hate to rain on your science but if there are four Force players in the top 15 then there can be only 11 Reds ergo the multiplier is 2.75. What do they teach at school up there?

T

TOCC

Getting back on topic, this forward pack isnt what i was expecting, and i do hold concerns over the mobility of the forward pack up against Hodsgon, Brown and Pocock.

Will Cooper be kicking for territory all game to take advantage of the lineout and avoid the game being played at a pace which tires the big forwards?

O

OLDDOG

Getting back on topic, this forward pack isnt what i was expecting, and i do hold concerns over the mobility of the forward pack up against Hodsgon, Brown and Pocock.

Will Cooper be kicking for territory all game to take advantage of the lineout and avoid the game being played at a pace which tires the big forwards?

they can play the game at any pace they want, the reds r still gonna effin smash the farce. sorry lads, you west coast lads may be excited, but im afraid in the last 25 minutes of this game, you're gonna let in 3 tries.......I also think the reds will establish supremacy mainly thru the set piece grind, win lotsa lineouts, solid scrum, oh, did i forget our backs ? game over. sorry farce, but you's r history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! better luck next week.....

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
900kg is a big pack considering we don't have a particually large front row.

In the first half I dare say yes. We will unleash our backs only from close range and use our set piece to dictate the pace of the game by using a territorial kicking game. The plan will bwe to just plain and simply counter the pace of the Force back row with physical presence on the theory that they can not sustain that mobility for the full game if they are getting pounded. With respect to the Force I think Link will want to keep some cards up his sleeve for the Waratah's next week.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
The plan will bwe to just plain and simply counter the pace of the Force back row with physical presence on the theory that they can not sustain that mobility for the full game if they are getting pounded.

I agree, but I think Pocock probably can keep that mobility up for the full 80, Hodgson too.

With respect to the Force I think Link will want to keep some cards up his sleeve for the Waratah's next week.

He is absolutely looking forward, The Tahs game would be a special win personally for Link, if he were to get it...

Status
Not open for further replies.