• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2011 Rnd 1 Reds v Force

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
not sure the tactic of having your inside centre and hooker lifting in the lineout is really going to pay dividends...
http://a4.sphotos.AK (Andrew Kellaway).fbcdn.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-snc6/180118_10150141216720236_282471695235_8416596_5730410_n.jpg

Might work if you are playing against people in suits.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Id definetly be keeping Lucas in the side, he offers versatility in the backline. Do we even know if Harris can play 15 or is that just been thrown out there?

R

RuggerFan

Prior was impressive from what I've seen, but why pick him ahead of Lucas?

Sorry wasn't really replying from a Prior/Lucas comparison point of view but was only answering it from an alternative halfback point of view, probably should have read the few posts above yours.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Between them, Harris and Lucas can cover every backline position at a pinch. Pretty good bench value I'd say.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
If anything I'm overestimating the Force to come 3rd last in the competition. CARN THE REDS!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
The Force have recruited well and shouldn't be underestimated

I have a few concerns with the coaching staff at the Farce. Richard Graham hasn't inspired me during his time at the Wallabies and Nick Stiles doesn't have any great success under his belt. Phil Blake seems to have done a good job at Manly but I haven't been following to closely.

Also watching highlights of the Reds v Force last year J O'C made a few errors in defence playing 12 so he would want to fix that up.

I expect the game to be tight for 50 but then the Reds to pull away. No way the Force will score 4 tries but I think the Reds can.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
not sure the tactic of having your inside centre and hooker lifting in the lineout is really going to pay dividends...
http://a4.sphotos.AK (Andrew Kellaway).fbcdn.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-snc6/180118_10150141216720236_282471695235_8416596_5730410_n.jpg

Can somebody please get a set of hair clippers on to Will Genia's head.... WTF are those dreads?

The Mayor of Perth

Ted Fahey (11)
I have a few concerns with the coaching staff at the Farce. Richard Graham hasn't inspired me during his time at the Wallabies and Nick Stiles doesn't have any great success under his belt. Phil Blake seems to have done a good job at Manly but I haven't been following to closely.

Don't concern yourself with the coaching staff Jets. Graham is a big upgrade from 'Dead Man Walking'. I am not in any way being disparaging of Mitch, the Force created the situation of a neutered coach who had, at least once, selections over-ruled by Mitch Hardy in season 2009. Force should have sacked Mitch or given him his head. Nick Stiles may be untested but Community Rugby Manager Matt Tink has doubled as scrum coach in the last couple of years. And Phil Blake has added some steel to what was at times a woeful defense after doing a great job at Manly and being recruited by the Wallabies. I've noticed a vast improvement in the energy at training (and it's been bloody hot here and unusually humid for much of this year) over the last 2-3years.

D

daz

Well, I'm just stoked at this year. I think it will be a fucking cracker-jack season from start to finish. But for this game, I'll put my nads on the line....

Reds by 21.

And for what it is worth, I am tipping the Reds to top the Oz conference. There, I said it.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
he is the new Karate Kid

jaden_smith_5496140.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.AK (Andrew Kellaway).fbcdn.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-ash1/181794_10150141217430236_282471695235_8416613_8054943_n.jpg

T

territorian

I am reliably informed that Higgers is on the bench and Ed Quirk is run of. I think it's a bit rough on Higgers who showed great form last year, it is Horwell's first game in living memory. Personally I believe he should have had to fight for the spot rather than what appears to be a given.
The backs are as one would have predicted, Sanchez, Coops, Davies, A Finger, Iaoni, Chambers and Hynes.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
If Quirk is starting then you would think it would be where he played in the trials, and that was at 7. From all reports he was a standout as well. If Higgers is on the bench then it's a big possibility that Horwill is the starting 6.

It may seem a little unfair on Higgers, but he is the type of guy who could make a massive impact off the bench.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I am reliably informed that Higgers is on the bench and Ed Quirk is run of. I think it's a bit rough on Higgers who showed great form last year, it is Horwell's first game in living memory. Personally I believe he should have had to fight for the spot rather than what appears to be a given.
The backs are as one would have predicted, Sanchez, Coops, Davies, A Finger, Iaoni, Chambers and Hynes.

he is captain and was named MOM of one of the trials. I think he's earned his spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.