• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2011 Rnd 1 Reds v Force

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Thomas

It's going to be about 33C in Brisbane today. It's currently as humid as hell. Some tired boys out there?

Yeh the heats terrible! I had rugby training this morning and we had to cut it short 30 minutes, most I've ever sweated!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The Force have no proper TH lock... a backrower packing in the second row... and three opensides in the backrow...

They'll get splintered in the scrum...

McCalman has played a fair bit of lock at Sydney Uni, what they may lose at scrum time (more Cowen than the locks) they may gain supporting width against a not very mobile Reds backrow

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Too bloody hot for rugby on a Sunday afternoon. At least the Reds have some conditioning from trials up north. I predict a Force player to be hospitalised. Who sorts out the game times & don't they know that February in Brisbane is f**king hot!

Perth has been from 30 to 40 degrees the last 3 months and a lot of days of humidity around 70 80 percent. You know that they call Perth the hottest city in Australia. Those boys will be fine

Go the force!!!!

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I'm not sure this heat is going to the help the Reds at all. They have chosen the bigger pack and have a few guys like Horwill coming back from injury. Not to mention A finger and P Hynes who didn't even play in the trials.

This game could be determined by who gets the most out of their bench, as the bench players are likely to pick up a fair bit of time.

It is farken hot out there.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
I just got home from playing some 7-a-side soccer in the middle of the day and I can confirm that it is insanely hot. I reckon I sweated a couple of water bottles in the 40minute game time - it's going to be a very slippery old day out there this afternoon! I think this game will go longer than usually with the amount of drinks breaks.

GO THE REDS!

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
I'm not sure this heat is going to the help the Reds at all. They have chosen the bigger pack and have a few guys like Horwill coming back from injury. Not to mention A finger and P Hynes who didn't even play in the trials.

Don't think the heat is going to have any impact on a big pack vs a medium pack in terms of mobility, they are all fit. If anything, our bigger pack is going to have better ball security, and the slippery ball is less likely to be turned over. Expect to see Higginbotham come on in the 2nd half straight away.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Yeah, I wonder if Horwill will play out the game (via switching to lock) or just be a straight swap for Higginbotham?

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Hope the Reds have a spare set of uniforms for halftime. I ran a Half-Marathon yesterday arvo on the Sunshine Coast and ended up drowning in sweat.

Think today is couple degrees hotter again so wouldn't be at all surprised to see things open up a bit in last 10 mins of each half but think the Reds with Higgers and Toua on bench are better positioned to take advantage of the conditions than the Force.

The Mayor of Perth

Ted Fahey (11)
Too bloody hot for rugby on a Sunday afternoon. At least the Reds have some conditioning from trials up north. I predict a Force player to be hospitalised. Who sorts out the game times & don't they know that February in Brisbane is f**king hot!

Must be television scheduling, let's see, if the game was played at 7.30 it would clash with...nothing (assuming Kenya v NZ in one day cricket is nothing).

Must be transport then. Nope, Force can't make the 7.30 flight out anyway with the game due to finish at 6.30.

Which only leaves...ineptitude. Who'd have thought that from rugby administrators?

Go the Force, $5.50 1-12 points.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
hopefully I can get home in time for the second half of this. Good luck to link and the Reds, hope they put up some entertainment and fight to up the build up to next weeks game. Try and get a record etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.