• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2011 Rnd 1 Reds v Force

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Reds forwards struggling. Pocock the only Australian 7 to actually get a turnover this weekend. Tahs pack may cause trouble next week although I hope not. I thought Chambers could tackle. Apparently not.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
how on earth is that a yellow card? horwill goes the same on the forces line and gets nothing.

AWFUL reffing

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Great effort by the force. Outstanding backrow effort. Pocock much quieter in second half. Reds tight forwards lifted in second half lucky to get away withit. God forbid, the Tahs might be smelling blood.

R

Richard D. James

What a strange game. Some try savers and craziness at the end there, kudos to Davies. Force loosies immense.

For the Reds very lucky to get away with it and they probably didn't deserve to.

For the Force fans, it's good how much the thrashing last year fired the guys up and you nearly had it

For the Wallabies fans, O'Connor playing well is a really positive sign.

O

OLDDOG

RESPECT to the force, most improved team so far in 2011. Well done to them, massive offense.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Hard luck Force, who deserved to win. The Reds seem to have lost much of the adventure and cohesion they had last year. It could get ugly for them next week!

B

BRIX

Quade defending at fullback and Hynes up in his channel worries me greatly for more reasons than one. Didn't deserve it tonight boys.

Good luck next week - you'll need it

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Not the best game I have ever seen. I thought apart form his brain explosion that Rod Davies was a lot tougher than I thought.

I thought the Reds looked quite soft tonight, I cant recall a ball carry by any player where they looked like they hurt the Force defence. Davies and Chambers looked scared at the point of contact and tried to flick the ball away to avoid the contact.

There was not a lot of positives for me from this effort, the Scrum looked stable but was this a reflection of the opposition?

THe only thing I am happy with is that 2 years ago the Reds would never get a win from such an ordinary performance, maybe we can finally scratch out a win in poor games.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Quade defending at fullback and Hynes up in his channel worries me greatly for more reasons than one. Didn't deserve it tonight boys.

Good luck next week - you'll need it

didn't link do the same with beale in his early years? didn't work well from what i remember.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Bloody gutted. The force boys deserved that one. JOC (James O'Connor) will be kicking himself for missing his conversion.

It's a shame they will have too wait 2 weeks.

Go the force!!!!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Reds will grow an extra arm and leg for next week, as usual against the Tahs. So this week means little.
BUT, I cannot imagine Link is anywhere near happy about that performance.
They showed no patience with the ball, too many low percentage options. I believe they are a lot better than that, but when will they find it? Qld will be hoping it is soon.
Big plaudits for the Force pack who really played well - good defence, counter-rucked at the right times, scrum was good but tailed off a bit. I would love to see a replay of that first Reds try - on the quick highlights at the end it looked suspiciously like it didn't go the 5m at the lineout?
For the Reds - Genia OK, struggling for others that stood out at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.