• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Why is Tom Carter unpickable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
wamberal, Hangers has shown flashes of brilliance in his Tahs career. He'd be a fantastic fit for the ARC level.

I must have missed the flashes. Then again, even little Timmy Donnelly once scored a meat pie under the posts against the Crusaders in Christchurch. That was pretty flash. Frankly, I would probably pick Timmy ahead of Halangahahahahu right now, sight unseen, in or out of training. At least he knows how to kick for touch efficiently.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
I must have missed the flashes. Then again, even little Timmy Donnelly once scored a meat pie under the posts against the Crusaders in Christchurch. That was pretty flash. Frankly, I would probably pick Timmy ahead of Halangahahahahu right now, sight unseen, in or out of training. At least he knows how to kick for touch efficiently.

This video isn't too current, but some of this is nonetheless brilliant.

[video=youtube;zPuIflwcakE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPuIflwcakE[/video]

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Hangers is better on defence than Cooper, but if you add all the factors together and had a choice to pick either player as your 10, would anyone pick Hangers?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Phil Kearns splashed on a bit of man love for Tom Carter last night, with the arguments he presented, it had me wondering if he had in fact been reading this thread.

Then Kafe came out and in support of Carter too, but really came across being quite condescending. It was the kind of support you might give to a special needs child before a running race.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Didn't come across like that at all. He was being serious and had a fair point.

Look I wouldn't pick Tom either but I can't stand people suggesting Fainga'a either.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I would pick one of the most important players in the top side in the competition. Or at least I probably wouldn't get too upset if deans did.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
So you'd be happy if TC was in the wobs?

Was that directed at me? I just figured that everyone would come to the conclusion that he is performing well at Super Rugby level, but is down the picking order for the Wallabies and unless there is some significant injuries, he won't be playing in the gold jersey in the near future

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Can I attempt to sum up the thread by saying that while we would not be suprised to see Tom Carter selected in a greater touring squad for the wallabies, and we would generally think his hard work makes him deserving of that spot (although his hair needs attention), we would be suprised for him to earn a starting spot against the all blacks in anything but an injury riddled dead rubber.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Was that directed at me? I just figured that everyone would come to the conclusion that he is performing well at Super Rugby level, but is down the picking order for the Wallabies and unless there is some significant injuries, he won't be playing in the gold jersey in the near future

Sorry it was godfrey - we posted at the same time. But I think you and rugbysmartarse have just summed up this whole thread pretty succinctly

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
I would pick one of the most important players in the top side in the competition. Or at least I probably wouldn't get too upset if deans did.

Stirling Mortlock is one of the most important Rebels players. Would you pick him?

T

tranquility

Im sure it has been mentioned earlier in the thread, but has anyone acted like more a *&^%head after scoring a try than Tommy Carter the other night?? In combination with he weekly niggling, and headband the bloke is not really much of a bloke at all.

Not really sure how that contributes to the thread, but I thought it should be said.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Im sure it has been mentioned earlier in the thread, but has anyone acted like more a *&^%head after scoring a try than Tommy Carter the other night?? In combination with he weekly niggling, and headband the bloke is not really much of a bloke at all.

Not really sure how that contributes to the thread, but I thought it should be said.

Yeah, he should have done a backflip. Or some breakdancing moves ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.