• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

who f*cks you off? why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
For me its moronic and/or one eyed rugby commentators on the Telly. I'm fine with fans trying to justify why a hit wasn't actually high or the like; that's not commentators jobs. Also, when there's certain former backs who try to explain nuances of forward play and get it so fundamentally wrong, I'd prefer if they just shut their traps.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Dunn / BR - if the reverse was done to Carter, we'd be spewin about it for ages and would hold grudges, can't blame WR (World Rugby) for his views.

for what it's worth - I don't think it was on purpose but it was dangerous and how Mealamu didn't get a ban I don't know. I'm not clearing Umaga 100%, but KM was more to blame than TU in my view.

The following media furore (no apologies, I could have died etc) was the biggest loser about the whole event - and that is why I'm commenting as that is what farked me off. I don't necessarily blame BOD for being upset - he lasted 2 mins of the first test as captain of the Lions. Who wouldn't be emotional about that?

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
Dunn / BR - if the reverse was done to Carter, we'd be spewin about it for ages and would hold grudges, can't blame WR (World Rugby) for his views.

for what it's worth - I don't think it was on purpose but it was dangerous and how Mealamu didn't get a ban I don't know. I'm not clearing Umaga 100%, but KM was more to blame than TU in my view.

The following media furore (no apologies, I could have died etc) was the biggest loser about the whole event - and that is why I'm commenting as that is what farked me off. I don't necessarily blame BOD for being upset - he lasted 2 mins of the first test as captain of the Lions. Who wouldn't be emotional about that?

Umaga DID actually apologise and make an effort to get in touch with BO'D afterwards so while I can understand BO'D being upset, he really handled the whole situation like a bit of a blouse.

He got cleaned out and got injured - it happens. He's a professional sportsman and should accept the risks that come with playing such a high contact sport. As for implying that it was intentional - that was laughable.

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
As for guys who pissed me off.....I always thought Justin Marshall was over-rated and a bit of a sook as well.

I maintain that it's no coincidence that the worst period of AB rugby happened while Marshall played. I hated hearing commentators talking about how Marshall was like a 4th loosie......we didn't need another loosie - we needed a half-back who delivered quick service.....

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
That sounds familiar!

For me, I can't stand Chris Ashton. The arrogant swan dives and celebrations are bad, but his body language and general face shit me too.

D

Dunnman

Rocky Elsom tries to portray a tough guy image, yet gets injured every 5 seconds. oh brother.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
That sounds familiar!

For me, I can't stand Chris Ashton. The arrogant swan dives and celebrations are bad, but his body language and general face shit me too.

You had me well and truly by there. that and the "go Chrissy" (some guy on this site wrote something about it...) fanboyism that the poms spew all over him.

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
Players you just hate

Jimmy Cowan

EDIT: sorry I hadn't read up to hear of this thread :p creation fail...

His milking of penalties annoys me endlessly

S

Squeak

A lot of opensides cheat every chance they get, most halfbacks are grumpy little pricks and every ref alive kicks his guide dog. But there's really only 2 carcases that need hanging upside-down in a vat of meat ants; Bakkies "my dad is my uncle" Botha and Greg Growden.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
The worst performance by a player I have seen on the field was Justin Marshal Crusaders V Brumbies around 2000 where he had a dummy spit threw the ball away and stalked off swearing and waving his arms about after getting penalised. The idiot ref, I can't remember who it was didn't have the brass to send the ass off or even penalise him another 10 metres. I have never forgotten that hissy fit, or the fact that he (and the Crusaders yet again) got away scot free for it. Everytime I see his mug on TV, no matter reasonable his commentary my view of him is coloured by that spoilt brat, petulant display.

Status
Not open for further replies.