• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Where to for Super Rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
It was an EGM so all stakeholders would have got their representative vote. I don't think any of the outcomes are surprising. More interesting would have been the actual discussions.

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
  1. Fair enough on Pulver. Given the cards he has been dealt he is having a crack.
  2. Fair enough on the 4 team model going forward. S18 conferences stink. Super Rugby is here to stay because no one has a suitable alternative.
  3. Personally I would torpedo the rebels but there is likely to be plenty of haggling and negotiation for this to happen. Pulver needs to stay in the hot seat purely to see this out.
  4. My yardsticks for a good rugby season;
    1. Wallabies able to beat all teams whilst playing thoughtful, dynamic and hard rugby.
    2. 2-3 super teams in top half of the championship table.
    3. ARC penetration increasing year on year with players such as Hanigan coming through the ranks.
    4. Clubland financial
    5. Schoolboy as an integrated pathway to Club / ARC / Super / National team.
  5. Pulver needs to achieve the following;
    1. Cull 1 team from super
    2. Stop the financial bleeding at HQ
    3. FTA for Super
    4. Integrate Schools into Club programmes
    5. Monetise the ARC before the players abandon it.
    6. Get RedsHappy to wave his management wand over all of the coaching setups so that we have players with skills and fitness and a gameplan.

D

daz

Bill was never going to be challenged; he is as good as any other bloke in the chair at this point, until the shitfight is sorted.

And it does appear the provinces all agree to the 4 team model, as long as it isn't them that is affected.

This was just a bit of dinner theater, frankly.

If I have heard correctly, the Rebels and the ARU are in talks at the end of this month to discuss the Rebels damages claim, and the Force are in Arbitration with the ARU end July.

The circus just keeps rolling.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
4/5 of the teams voted to have a team cut............ not the slightest bit surprised that hasn't changed.

B

BLR

Why not? If you're right then it's Rugby WA

ARU own the license at this current time. They must have been planning this way back when but we are tricksy over here and wrote an Alliance Agreement meaning they couldn't follow their dastardly plan to cut us.

Dunno why they didn't just knife the Rebels before selling to Cox. Silly ARU.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It was reported that all of the Super Rugby franchises except the Force voted to cut a team early in the process (earlier this year?)...

OK. I thought you were talking about from this meeting.

Clearly the resolution to stick with 5 teams failed, but nothing public about what the vote was.

Presumably there were very few votes to keep 5 teams.

B

BLR

OK. I thought you were talking about from this meeting.

Clearly the resolution to stick with 5 teams failed, but nothing public about what the vote was.

Presumably there were very few votes to keep 5 teams.

Both Mark Sinderberry & Rebels have said they need to cut a team. So yeah, if that's what they were going for from this meeting the VRU/RUPA just wasted an opportunity.

Why is there secret votes when the supposed point was clarity in the process.

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)
ARU own the license at this current time. They must have been planning this way back when but we are tricksy over here and wrote an Alliance Agreement meaning they couldn't follow their dastardly plan to cut us.

Dunno why they didn't just knife the Rebels before selling to Cox. Silly ARU.

Dunno why they didn't just knife the Force instead of signing up on the Alliance Agreement :)

But seriously, you are completely right. If they knew that 5 teams was not going to work and one team was going bankrupt - then why didn't they let them fold.

And the answer - because they have no idea what they are doing.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Dunno why they didn't just knife the Force instead of signing up on the Alliance Agreement :)

But seriously, you are completely right. If they knew that 5 teams was not going to work and one team was going bankrupt - then why didn't they let them fold.

Because they needed five teams to fulfil their part of the broadcast agreement.

B

BLR

I think it was a trade, License for Alliance agreement.

Its sad to think this is the group in charge of growing the game in Australia.

half

Dick Tooth (41)
So no official release of what happened or been agreed.

For the love of the holy mother Mary its !@!@&^%$#$ words fail me.

This is fast becoming will the last one out the door turn off the lights.

I was actually looking forward to some news good or bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.