• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Where to for Super Rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BLR

^^^^^ And what of the benefit to the Victorian government/businesses from a large proportion of the Bledisloe fans who are from interstate?

Round and round we go but diverting the conversation isn't going to solve the issue at hand.

Boomer

Alfred Walker (16)
That part of my comment was a bit tongue in cheek. My real point is that the game has been relying on Victorian cash to prop it up for a long time (whatever the extra over is on other states for test matches, the ticket sales that would have been made to Victorians had the games been played elsewhere, around 15-20% of the TV rights for the past 20 years based ratings - realistically and probably conservatively at least $5m/ year for the past 20 years).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You blokes really do believe your own PR and rate yourselves accordingly.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Yes indeed....

If you take a look at, let's say....

The top 20 highest attended rugby union test matches:

- The top 2 were held in Sydney in 2000 and 1999
- 11 of those matches were held in Australia
- 10 of those matches were in Sydney between 1999 and 2013 (all of them Bledisloe and Lions tests except one England v France RWC match in '03)
- The other one was the Bledisloe Cup in Melbourne back in 1997
Highest attended World Cup game is between Ireland and Romania in 2015.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

stoff

Phil Hardcastle (33)
^^^^^ And what of the benefit to the Victorian government/businesses from a large proportion of the Bledisloe fans who are from interstate?

Round and round we go but diverting the conversation isn't going to solve the issue at hand.
Yep that's what major events are about. Assume it's the same reason the WA govt used to put all that money into the Redbull Air Race.

Point probably is that we can't afford super ruby unless we have states without super teams propping up the whole show. That is why all franchises believe in the four team model.

stoff

Phil Hardcastle (33)
You blokes really do believe your own PR and rate yourselves accordingly.
Ken oath. Sporting capital of the world! ;)

Do the maths on WA - I believe you have a whole research department of Force fans dedicated to this sort of stuff. With a tri nations game most years and reasonable rugby ratings, minus ten years of super team you guys are still probably sitting around break even.

B

BLR

Do the maths on WA - I believe you have a whole research department of Force fans dedicated to this sort of stuff. With a tri nations game most years and reasonable rugby ratings, minus ten years of super team you guys are still probably sitting around break even.

Feel free to provide those maths.

Boomer

Alfred Walker (16)
Ken oath. Sporting capital of the world! ;)

As opposed to however multiples of millions pissed up the wall?

It's not the money that sticks in my throat, just the reek of entitlement.

You didn't get the Super expansion in the mid-2000s because the set-up in Melbourne stank to high heaven. Add a decade or so and it appears nothing much has changed.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
As opposed to however multiples of millions pissed up the wall?

It's not the money that sticks in my throat, just the reek of entitlement.

You didn't get the Super expansion in the mid-2000s because the set-up in Melbourne stank to high heaven. Add a decade or so and it appears nothing much has changed.

Please don't talk about entitlement. You should perhaps reread the past 2months worth of garbage and willingness to push someone else off the sinking boat before you even engage in the conversation. Actually forget that, some of you believe the propaganda a little to much to have any impact.

I'd rather not engage in an us v them argument and don't particularly agree with some of the other Rebels fans thoughts on the Victorian influence on the ARU. But those of you wanting to shit on someone, just looking for some (maybe false) hope, should look at your own garbage that's been thrashed about in recent memory.

Don't shit on someone if you know you could get burnt after all of this is over.

stoff

Phil Hardcastle (33)
As opposed to however multiples of millions pissed up the wall? .

But that's not the point I am making. If there is a sense of entitlement it is because we have helped bankroll the Force and Brumbies for so long. About a third to a quarter of ARU revenue is attributable to states other than NSW or QLD. However that is split up means that the other states and territories, along with NSW and QLD subsidise the franchises other than the Tahs and Reds. Given out money has been subsidising Perth and Canberra so long, why wouldn't there be a sense of entitlement?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
You can't attribute 1/3 or a 1/4 of revenue outside of NSW & Qld as being additional.
When they play a bled cup,or a Lions game in Melb, you can't attribute 100% of income from those games, only the amounts above what they would have earned playing it at say Homebush.
So not the rivers of good that you are suggesting.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
But that's not the point I am making. If there is a sense of entitlement it is because we have helped bankroll the Force and Brumbies for so long. About a third to a quarter of ARU revenue is attributable to states other than NSW or QLD. However that is split up means that the other states and territories, along with NSW and QLD subsidise the franchises other than the Tahs and Reds. Given out money has been subsidising Perth and Canberra so long, why wouldn't there be a sense of entitlement?

So after its proven how much money has been wasted on the rebels now your saying that Victoria has been bankrolling the ARU and in turn the force and brumbies for years on the back of test match revenue? Wow I think about done with this that is a whole new level of bs.

D

daz

Hi, its me again.

I see that the Force and Rebels happy little campers are turning on each other again. Well, that's a bit silly, given we have a common enemy in the ARU. Shouldn't we be flogging them rather than each other?

Some of you appear to be taking this whole "yeah, but" thing a bit seriously; as if anything you read on the internet is true. It's like you have become the very same journo's you despise for making shit up and calling it "news".

None of us knows jack shit about what is going on in the background, so chill the fuck out.

I've posted on several threads that the mods have decided that as far as this Rebels v Force thing is concerned, enough is enough. And when I say "mods", of course I mean me.

So I'll make this clear. Stop trolling each other, and go back to discussing where to for Super Rugby.

Holidays will be offered swiftly and without mercy.

Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.