• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Where to for Super Rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Box

Cyril Towers (30)
wow what state
Not sure. There were limited details as it was a chat about sport section on 720 drive with 30 sec throwaway comment which for this AFL state is pretty good. I think the initial application was to the WA Supreme Court so would think there.

Over on the WF thread it was mentioned that Pulver and Geoff Stooke were at RugbyWA today.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Boomer

Alfred Walker (16)
Found it listed tomorrow before the WA Chief Justice

http://www.supremecourt.wa.gov.au/_apps/courtlist/Default.aspx

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Application hearing. Pulver in at Floreat HQ. Rebels making some bolshie moves... you'd have to think this might be moving to resolution.

Pulver apparently spoke to Wessels today. Wessels was on Perth radio tonight. Nothing mentioned about the state of the game in WA or court case.

B

BLR

Application hearing. Pulver in at Floreat HQ. Rebels making some bolshie moves. you'd have to think this might be moving to resolution.

The signing of the English player is the first move to moving the team to London?

Boomer

Alfred Walker (16)
The signing of the English player is the first move to moving the team to London?

Linking the signing of a tired, ordinarily coordinated plank from England with a move to London? Nah. I wish. Just shooting the breeze.

There's been little news of late and nothing but kind words in public between Rugby WA and the ARU. In the past couple of days it's ramped up.

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)

Yep. New plan.

Stuff putting 2 South African teams into the Pro 12 the obvious solution is to merge Super Rugby and Pro12. We can have seven conferences - South Africa, Mainland Europe (add a couple of Georgian teams, a Romanian team and another Italian team), a Scottish / Irish conference, a Welsh conference, a NZ conference, an Australian conference and an American conference (Argentina + US + Canada). Can't see anything that could go wrong with this ....

But seriously if South Africa puts 2 teams in the Pro 12, I think it is more likely than not that they will move all teams in 2020. This would leave us with NZ/Australia/Japan/Argentina. Add some Pacific Island teams, maybe an LA team and we can have a pacific rim competition with less time zone issues.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Application hearing. Pulver in at Floreat HQ. Rebels making some bolshie moves. you'd have to think this might be moving to resolution.

Pulver apparently spoke to Wessels today. Wessels was on Perth radio tonight. Nothing mentioned about the state of the game in WA or court case.

So nice to hear that Pulver's back on deck freshened up no doubt from such a long holiday.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Yep. New plan.

Stuff putting 2 South African teams into the Pro 12 the obvious solution is to merge Super Rugby and Pro12. We can have seven conferences - South Africa, Mainland Europe (add a couple of Georgian teams, a Romanian team and another Italian team), a Scottish / Irish conference, a Welsh conference, a NZ conference, an Australian conference and an American conference (Argentina + US + Canada). Can't see anything that could go wrong with this ..

But seriously if South Africa puts 2 teams in the Pro 12, I think it is more likely than not that they will move all teams in 2020. This would leave us with NZ/Australia/Japan/Argentina. Add some Pacific Island teams, maybe an LA team and we can have a pacific rim competition with less time zone issues.
You're an amateur: some of your conferences only span 2 time zones. Self evidently Hawaii should play in the Iceland conference, just for starters

WorkingClassRugger

Michael Lynagh (62)

Actually, if SA looks to make the jump in 2020 then hopefully they will take Argentina with them to compete in the Pro 'Whatever'.

We could then have our Asia-Pacific competition with 6 from Aus (our 5 plus Fiji) 6 NZ (their current 5 plus a Samoan side or combined Sam/Tongan) and 6 from Japan(sourced from the Top League with stipulation that competitiveness is the primary goal as opposed to exposure/qualification for Japanese national team players which is what the Sunwolves are geared toward).

Could either play it as a straight round robin for 17 rounds plus an 8 team finals series or in three pools of 6 home and away for 10 rounds and then three teams in each of the other two pools for 16 games again with an 8 team finals series.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Looks like the ARU and RugbyWA are going to arbitration. Apparently, a press release will come out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.