• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Where to for Super Rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
You are making a whole lot of assumptions here. 'That is made up' how do you know? Why do you trust the viewpoint that he hasn't against the multiple articles saying those figures I mentioned? It seems you are being willfully ignorant to me.

Because I don't believe everything I read, especially when they quote figures purporting to be from an organization that has said so little about this whole process, as a fan it has been quite devastating.

It has been a narrative based on what everyone thinks the Rebels are worth.

The business communities toy? Does it actually get that much support? I mean, last game you had around 6,000 fans at the game. The Force aren't much better I get that but is the corporate pull of the Rebels ACTUALLY that strong considering all the other more popular options in Melbourne?

They regularly sell out corporate events. It'd be magnificent if they came to games...

He was in the red by $2 million last year. What benefit is he actually getting out of running this operation. 'Connections?' There are ways to get connections without losing $2 million a year.

The Rebels were in the red? His business is private so I doubt he publishes numbers but I'd guess his business is diverse enough to maintain those losses.

You're right though, if he thinks he can't turn it around he'll probably up and leave. That isn't now though.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
To be honest, I see this going the same way as well.

Then in a year we wonder why the grassroots money never eventuated.

yes agree, at this stage the ARU are just going whichever way they can IOT cull a team regardless of the cost to rugby or finances.
They are trusting that once this is out the way, the apathy shown by most rugby people will allow this issue to be forgotten and be put into the "too hard basket" in fixing it up.
Then they will go about their own way trying to find a solution and judging by past actions it will just be a continuing slow lurch into super rugby death.

B

BLR

So, what he is saying is it is going to be done in the offseason anyway. Beauty.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Any money the decision is held off until after the Rebels v Force game in a few rounds time (wow that will be some clash) and then probably announced the week before seasons end, so the aru can feed off the emotion for a final crowd and tv audience.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
What more is there to lose than to cease to exist?

Sorry, as in Cox has more to lose than just the Rebels

fail.jpg

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Would make it easier to cut BOTH teams when all their players have signed contracts in Europe or Japan.

Cunning ARU.

In that case they might find they have to cut 4 or 5 sides with the few on contract still here all relocated and concentrated into the Tahs.:(

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
After weeks of avoiding the stigma, I see the dastardly Cox has started to regain his scheming, money hungry villain title again. Surely he can't be a wealthy businessman with a passion for the game, looking to invest money to make a difference, just like the thousands of wealthy sports club owners around the world. Shame on him and his minions

B

BLR

After weeks of avoiding the stigma, I see the dastardly Cox has started to regain his scheming, money hungry villain title again. Surely he can't be a wealthy businessman with a passion for the game, looking to invest money to make a difference, just like the thousands of wealthy sports club owners around the world. Shame on him and his minions

How much he actually invested though? Keep in mind the ARU gave him quite a bit of money to take it off their hands while writing off quite a bit off debt off the ARU's books to sweeten the deal.

I don't think he is a villian by any means but I personally believe there is too much trust in him coming from Vic without much indication besides what could turn out to be empty words.

N

NTT

Any money the decision is held off until after the Rebels v Force game in a few rounds time (wow that will be some clash) and then probably announced the week before seasons end, so the aru can feed off the emotion for a final crowd and tv audience.

The ARU have the ability to think ahead? I doubt it ...

Status
Not open for further replies.