• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Where to for Super Rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I don't think any politician can touch the racing industry. Remember what happened with greyhound racing in NSW.

The gee gees are a hundred times more powerful politically than the dish-lickers.

So, yeah. It would actually be economic vandalism. And would achieve very little in terms of curbing gambling. Keen racing types would just transfer their gambling interest to Hong Kong, etc etc. Plenty of other options.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
The gee gees are a hundred times more powerful politically than the dish-lickers.

So, yeah. It would actually be economic vandalism. And would achieve very little in terms of curbing gambling. Keen racing types would just transfer their gambling interest to Hong Kong, etc etc. Plenty of other options.

Yeah, current people with an avid interest in gambling. It would reduce interest long-term though as it reduces access. How many are going to randomly pick up betting on horses in Hong Kong?

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Some updates:

- pre today's SANZAAR board meeting in Tokyo Wayne Smith in The Australian reports 'ARU says it will definitely proceed to cull 1 Aus Super team'

- AAP reports SANZAAR spokesperson stating that 'no announcement will be made after today's meeting re future format of Super Rugby'

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Some updates:

- pre today's SANZAAR board meeting in Tokyo Wayne Smith in The Australian reports 'ARU says it will definitely proceed to cull 1 Aus Super team'

- AAP reports SANZAAR spokesperson stating that 'no announcement will be made after today's meeting re future format of Super Rugby'

So the update is there are no updates ;)

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Re those updates: very notable with all the pizazz re the RWC 2019 draw in Japan and related, there is zero sign of Pulver anywhere, he has barely said a word since the infamous media conference last month when it was stated that the cull of an Aus Super team would be announced 'in about 72 hours'.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
So the update is there are no updates ;)

Well, a bit of a one in that as Smith noted, rumours were circulating that the ARU might be forced to preserve the Rebels and the Force given the legal processes and complexities recently revealed. But the ARU have told Smith that, no, the cull would be proceeding (with no defined timeline this time).

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Some updates:

Yea bit bummed I can't read the Oz article with the usual google fix (look at the URL). Doesn't look like it's cached in their CDN.

Have you got a link for the AAP article?

stoff

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Yea bit bummed I can't read the Oz article with the usual google fix (look at the URL). Doesn't look like it's cached in their CDN.

Have you got a link for the AAP article?
Google Australia-to-tell-sanzaar-it-is-proceeding-with-cull-plans for the Aus article

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Google Australia-to-tell-sanzaar-it-is-proceeding-with-cull-plans for the Aus article

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I tried, but only returns content from April 9. I've done this from multiple networks (Telstra and Optus), so think the content hasn't been cached on their CDN.

D

daz

More speculation from the click-bait crew.

It's really, really fucking simple: If Coxy is a man of his word, he will not be selling the Rebels licence if the intent of the ARU is to fold the club.

If he is not a man of his word, he will be looking for maximum profit and selling up.

The question is: What kind of man is he? Rock solid or an opportunist?

I have no reason to question his intent at this point.

Note also that the WA gov has ruled out additional cash baking to the WF. The Vic gov is still committed to additional funding.

In a nutshell: The WF has a contract, the Rebels have a licence. The ARU have shit for brains.

End of summary.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
with all the pizazz re the RWC 2019 draw in Japan and related, there is zero sign of Pulver anywhere, he has barely said a word since the infamous media conference last month
Even further back, IMO. Pulver has been largely absent from the wheel (publicly) for over a year and only making rare appearances.

From his last press conference appearance with Clyne, I think Pulver wants to depart. Not that he would say it directly, and nor should he. Might be around for some months yet, but hard to see him surviving longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.