• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force vs Reds, 2011R17

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Reds are still quite capable of winning this and am surprised about the lack of support. Forward pack is intact and with The best halves combo in the world (yes I said it) the backs should go ok. Chambers was being touted by everyone as a wallaby last season and if plays well should match Inman. Taps has done a lot of good stuff vs Blues and Cru. Shipperley on one wing, Morahan fullback. Maybe Prior on the other wing, he ran on there before Genia came off. That loss will hurt and if it doesn't put some starch into the boys for this one nothing will.

Or they could play Schatz 6, Gill 7 and put Higgers on the wing;-)

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I'd give prior lots of game time this week, regardless of whether he is starting or not.

Courier Mail seems to think the back line will be:

Genia
Cooper
Shipperley
Tapuai
Chambers
Kuridrani
Morahan

Is Kuridrani with the u20's or what?

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I wouldn't mind seeing that, he's got decent hands and lots of pace and fitness. My interest in it is largely because of novelty value and not because it's the best move though.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wouldn't mind seeing it, he can be our SBW :p The problems is who replaces him in the forwards.

seagull.jpg

T

tranquility

To put this into some sort of perspective, the Tahs lost five on Friday night: Robinson, Ryan, Douglas, Mowen and Turner. The Reds only lost three. Welcome to normality after an absolutely charmed run.

That is a gross Wartahs comment. Good on you mate!

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Big losses there, all three have played a major part in the Reds backline this year.

I would prefer to see a backline of : Genia, Cooper, Davies (if fit), Tapuai, Chambers, Shipperley and Morahan, with Prior and Lance as the bench players. I'm assuming Harris is still out.

If Davies is not ready, then Chambers to wing and Lance to 13, with God knows who to the bench?

I have the same question as Bowside, isn't Kuridrani at the 20's? I'm sure the young ethnic Fijian being talked about in the papers (Australian anyway) is Chris Siganiyavi, GPS player, son of Isei (former Qld winger) and brother of Nemani Nadolo. He apparently tried his hand at Toyota Cup with the Bronco's but wanted back in with Rugby.

T

tranquility

How has Felsman been playing in premier rugby? I saw on a summary, that he scored a double recently. You would think he would have to come into calculations at the very least. The bloke is every bit as fast as Davies, if not faster.

Who are some experienced wingers in the QLD comp? I remember Ant Sauer playing a game or two for the Reds when he was plucked from Brothers a couple of years ago, and he looked more than capable. There must be some others that can step up.

In regards to the European player, I think it was being touted as England player Paul Sackey. However I thought that was quashed after we got Dom back from the U20s?? Wait and see I guess

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
How has Felsman been playing in premier rugby? I saw on a summary, that he scored a double recently. You would think he would have to come into calculations at the very least. The bloke is every bit as fast as Davies, if not faster.

Who are some experienced wingers in the QLD comp? I remember Ant Sauer playing a game or two for the Reds when he was plucked from Brothers a couple of years ago, and he looked more than capable. There must be some others that can step up.

In regards to the European player, I think it was being touted as England player Paul Sackey. However I thought that was quashed after we got Dom back from the U20s?? Wait and see I guess
He is quick, I'll give you that Tranq, and from all reports he can score a try. From what I saw of him for Qld A, he could probably do with more time in Premier rugby to get used to the week to week physicality of playing with men, before he makes the step up to the elite level. Just my opinion....

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Mitchell just needs to get a bit more time in premier grade i think, he's been in and out for two years (due to the strength of Brothers back three). He is bloody quick though, scores some freakish tries

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Felsman looked alright in the 2nd XV games - seemed to be a bit more than just outright pace - but agreed on the above.

The Higgers team could look something like this:

1. Daley
2. Fainga'a
3. Slipper
4. Horwill
5. Slipper
6. AWH
7. Gill
8. Samo
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Davies