• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force vs Reds, 2011R17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Congratulations Reds. Absollutely stoked about the win. Bad luck Force, you have been pretty awsome this year but unlucky and your standing on the ladder does not reflect your quallity. Too be fair and call a spade a spade, the Reds were bloody good to put the phases together at the end of the game to work their way down the field to score that try. Good to see that composure.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Force were great again, but they lose a lot of those, and the reds have been winning them when Cooper keeps his head and the pack at least competes. The reds (pack) replacements were able to go up a gear and the pick and drive worked for them.

At no point did it look like the reds were out of that, and maybe they should have been in view of the dominance of the force backrow.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Cooper also missed two kicks.

Bieber missed conversions - they are just bonus points that don't change the course of play. Penalty kicks do - as the whole game changes whether one goes over or not. In any event, my point was that it was damn close, and I thought the Force were bloody unlucky. Sorry to offend by suggesting such heresy that the Reds might have been, in more than one or two peoples' eyes, a little lucky to win.
As I said more than once, well played to them, and it is a sign of a good team to do it.
I'll shut up now.

Victorian Reds Fan

Bob Loudon (25)
Bieber missed conversions - they are just bonus points that don't change the course of play. Penalty kicks do - as the whole game changes whether one goes over or not. In any event, my point was that it was damn close, and I thought the Force were bloody unlucky. Sorry to offend by suggesting such heresy that the Reds might have been, in more than one or two peoples' eyes, a little lucky to win.
As I said more than once, well played to them, and it is a sign of a good team to do it.
I'll shut up now.

Don't make me bring up the Beale deliberate knock-on last year. :p

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Great game. Force are never easy to beat, and have the potential to be a top 6 team, they just need to strengthen the squad a bit before next season. JOC (James O'Connor) must cover more metres off the ball than any other player on the field, the way he positioned himself was phenomenal. I don't think i've ever seen pocock play a bad game, brilliant tonight

I thought gill showed some promise, but he is not strong or smart enough just yet. I liked that he stepped into first receiver every now and then, he has decent ball skills and I remember him scoring a great try stepping off his left foot for the 7's last year. How good was jono lance, injected himself well and great defence. And the genia-cooper axis again very solid, the halves combo really is the difference between the reds being a mid table or top table side.

Force played admirably, but wasn't it good to see the reds recover from a shaky start to get back into the game. Bring on the home semi.:yay

Reactions: GC

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Gutted with the loss. Apart from the 2 lucky try's the force had it all over the reds. Saying that coopers try can't be put down to luck.

Can someone verify the ball comming out of the channel? Maybe it's only if it comes out of the same channel?

Stannard started to look predictable I though but still is our best 10.

I really hope the reds get back into top form and win the comp!! Come on the reds. It would be nice to see an Aussie team win it for once. Also I hope sharpe is ok

Go the force!!!!

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I thought Gill played like one of those Force backrowers. Not the biggest dog in the fight but plenty of balls and plays well above his weight. Pococks comments after the game were quallity and a good endorsement to both young men.

I love the intensity the Force play with but my only critique is that they can be a bit predictable in their tactics.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
I reckon every Aussie rugby supporter should be happy with what Graham has done with the Force this year. I (and I think a lot of others) thought they would be absolutely hopeless given his seeming lack of contribution for the Wallabies, but at the end of this season, you would have to say they are a team on the rise, ad once they get that last few percent, probably the mental part, they will be real contenders for next year. Obviously JOC (James O'Connor) thinks so, given he is supposedly staying put. How good would it be to dream of 3 Aus teams in the finals?

Didn't see the game ( ^*&%$ pommie (*^*^ball supporters had taken over the pub where we are), but sounds like we were lucky to get away with it from the online commentary sites. Still, as the Crusaders & AB's are testament to, good teams make their own luck. Well played Force.

Gingerbeer

Peter Burge (5)
I thought gill showed some promise, but he is not strong or smart enough just yet. I liked that he stepped into first receiver every now and then, he has decent ball skills and I remember him scoring a great try stepping off his left foot for the 7's last year.

I thought Gill played exceptionally well for a run-on debut. Unfortunately for him Stu Dickinson wasn't letting him get away with half the crap the Force backrow got away with all game.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Although disappointed about the result, that was an absolutely terrific game of footy -- really enjoyable. It lived up to all the pre-match expectations for me.

The battle of the break down was brutal and Pocock was an absolute lord there. A real knock em down, drag em out fight. Some of the broken play running and passing was breathtaking, especially JOC (James O'Connor) vs Cooper. I think we can take some positives away for next season after the way we've played in the last few games. If only we hadn't buggered up that last line out.

M

Moono75

....mmmm the boys screwed the pooch on that one again. Lets hope they get serious about 2012 as a franchise and don't role out the same BS. With so many close loses and draws they need to address the choke factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.