• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force vs Reds, 2011R17

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
David Smith can embellish his height as much as he wants but he wasn't tall enough for the intercept :)

182 cm what a joke

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Interesting head to head with cummins and Morahan. Cummins clearly better. Will be in Wobs squad.

I would be surprised if either of them make the squad. Morhan may well make the wider training squad but I doubt he will be anywhere near the 22.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Interesting head to head with cummins and Morahan. Cummins clearly better. Will be in Wobs squad.

Yep. Cummins was the forces best back in the first half. I was also thinking the same thing about playing himself into a wallabies squad.

Oh and we can't win the rwc without David pocock.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I am always tickled by "deserve to win" statements. You can value activity all over the field however you like, but you deserve to win if you score more points than the opposition.

Yeah, sure, but the difference was 2 conversions Bieber missed. And the Force were, in my opinion, probably the better team for most of the match. But good teams win tight matches, so well played Reds indeed. Conversely, had the Force snuck it, I doubt many would say the Reds wuz robbed. So in a sense, they deserved it.

U

Utility Back

Holy shit. That was just...huge. If the force play like that every game next year, I expect a top 6 finish from them. They were superb but reds, give em an inch and they'll take a mile. Quade Cooper, you are are unreal!! Bad luck force, but there is a reason the reds are no.1

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
I don't think Morahan would be running on for the reds but for injuries. He can can earn a non EOYT development wallaby spot in the future.

M

Maroon Army

Very happy with that win, but bloody hell that's hard luck for the Force. I reckon they'll be challenging for the top 6 next season.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I am always tickled by "deserve to win" statements. You can value activity all over the field however you like, but you deserve to win if you score more points than the opposition.

Cmon that's bullshit. It might or might not have been the case tonight but the scoreboard does not always tell the whole story and sometimes teams get a win when they probably don't deserve to - it's part of rugby

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Reds have locked up a top 2 finish with that win - Crusaders can only match total but will have lower number of wins.

Down to Stormers & Reds now to see who finishes first. As it looks like Cru will finish 3rd, I hope we can go on next week to claim top spot but it will be tough against the Chiefs.

I hope Diggers and Harris are fit to come back in for it.

Well played to the Force tonight. Bloody close - think the loss of Sharpe turned it.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Yeah, sure, but the difference was 2 conversions Bieber missed. And the Force were, in my opinion, probably the better team for most of the match. But good teams win tight matches, so well played Reds indeed. Conversely, had the Force snuck it, I doubt many would say the Reds wuz robbed. So in a sense, they deserved it.

They would have completely deserved to win if they were better at scoring points - as it was they were fiercely competitive!

U

Utility Back

Cooper missed 2 penalties, go figure.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I don't think Morahan would be running on for the reds but for injuries. He can can earn a non EOYT development wallaby spot in the future.
Even without injury I think he is above Davies. No to the Wallabies but maybe next year he will go to europe

Scotty

David Codey (61)

Cooper also missed two kicks.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Cmon that's bullshit. It might or might not have been the case tonight but the scoreboard does not always tell the whole story and sometimes teams get a win when they probably don't deserve to - it's part of rugby

It's that sort of thinking that gets you a fiercely competitive second place in games :fishing

T

tranquility

We were outplayed, no doubt about it. But the Force can't score points.

The force pack smashed us at the contact area, very concerning. That is probably the most dominant game I have seen Pocock play. Extraordinary.

So too was Quade's long-ball. Thought we looked pretty ordinary really. We really need Digby, Beau and Benny Lucas and Mike Harris back.

As for the young blokes, Jono Lance looked good - but once again he is not a fullback and looked out of position in attack and defense at time.

Gill had a very good game, and his kick through the middle of the scrum had me chuckling. Long way to go for him yet, and probably a few off-seasons as well.

Good to get the win.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Horan banging on about Force deserving the win.

It's shit statements like that, which allow the Force to avoid closer scrutiny for constant close losses. Our last two seasons have been ravaged by injury, but i'm sick of hearing the Force were unlucky. Luck is fictional, and this hand wringing constant pity doesn't help the Force address the key issues they clearly have.

Still love my team, but am getting sick of people making excuses for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.