• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2025

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
OC, FB and the right wing spots may be an issue but I think the Force will be really competitive next year

With Jeremy Williams now the Wallabies starting lock and Peitsch turning into the Wallabies starting winger and Tizzano, Donaldson & Stewart getting Wallabies time and BPA and Dolly offering depth at hooker and HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (Harry Johnson-Holmes) and Robertsons offering more depth up front and a few other recruits from the rebels and abroad
It is about putting all those parts together. Sure individually the players are at a pretty good standard but how much footy have they actually played together? I guess the Force have recognised this over the past two years with the extra games being played.

I will say however with the investment into junior programs (thanks Twiggy) hopefully more home grown players means more footy these players will have played together

Last edited:

Tazzmania

Syd Malcolm (24)
My personal match summary:

A very good outing for the Force.

While there is a lot to work on there was even more to like.

The Force got absolutley schooled by a forty year old prop and the scrum probably again needs the most work.

With so many changes the defence appeared a bit porous at times, especially with the speed of some of the Cheetahs backs, but some of the scambling defence was very encouraging as it showed just where the players heart is, right in it.

Fines had a very good game, I am not a box kick fan but he was absolutely on song with his, and his exits from kick off took the pressure right off the Force.

Potter was on fire. I am still not sure if outside centre is the right spot for him but him and Tomkinson look to be a very decent centre pairing. Talking about Tomkinson, a very good outing and showed flashes of that much needed rugby IQ they have been missing.

Princep was "Princep" and managed the game and team exceptionally well.

It was a good team effort, but honourable mentions need to go to:

Sam Carter, Nick Dolley, Nic Champion De Crespigny, Will Harris, and Titi Nofoagatotoa for his little cameo at the end.

Finally lets talk about Coby Miln. He had a nervous start, made a few errors, however, he showed a lot of good glimpses. I really think that there is something there to work on and I hope that the Force keep him on. He is big lad with a decent boot, not scared to tackle and with more game time at this level and hopefully some super minutes where possible he could become something.

Well done to the Force, a very good away win against a team they lost to to twice last year away from home and once at home. The signs are there for a good season. Looking forward to seeing the Emerging Ireland match were I suspect some of the younger lads will get a bit more time on the field.

rugbyAU

Dick Tooth (41)
Force have enough depth to be a finals side. Where they finish will depend on their ability to win games out of Perth. If your'e not top 4 you have absolutely fuck all chance.
I think they’ll be better than the Drua, MP (Moana Pasifika) and Highlanders at this stage not sure if they can finish above many other teams

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
Tahs have a lot of work to do to get back to mid table. It's putting them back together from nothing so I can see them splitting those games.

Rebels made the finals with 5 wins 9 losses and yes it's gone to 6 teams so will be harder but 6th last year was 6 win 8 loss Highlanders.

Force have 7 home games in 2025 including Drua, MP (Moana Pasifika), Highlanders and Tahs who they should back themselves to beat at home. Then its the Brumbies, Reds, Hurricanes. They can get at least 1 of them and 2 would be outstanding.

They have a pretty good draw and good BYE timings with rd.9 and final round if you can find yourself in the finals.

Last edited: