• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

Looks like we will be given another marquee spot for next year. Mayne being back David Smith?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
Bring back David Smith. 7 try's in the Top 14 comp this year. Guess who's top though...Naps Nalaga with 11. If only he was playing for us with the team we have this year. Could have been lethal. Fuck it lets bring them both back.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Yeah makes sense with David Smith. With Mitchell and Habana on their way, he is touted as being let go by the French club.

Woodenspoon

Herbert Moran (7)
Bring back David Smith. 7 try's in the Top 14 comp this year. Guess who's top though.Naps Nalaga with 11. If only he was playing for us with the team we have this year. Could have been lethal. Fuck it lets bring them both back.
I didn't follow much the Force last year. How was his season like?
I remember he's always been a valuable player in Europe, although with a very fragile charachter.

M

Moono75

I didn't follow much the Force last year. How was his season like?
I remember he's always been a valuable player in Europe, although with a very fragile charachter.
Unfortunatley the ball didn't get out to him enough on the wing but that wasn't his fault. He did come in looking for work and was a good physical player. He got better towards the end of the year. He's signed for 3 years in France so unlikely to see him back.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Are we definitely getting a second marquee spot then?
Otherwise I would prefer to stick with matheson as the marquee player (someone who will get his hands on the ball a lot more than a winger) and then work on picking up some other finishers given we already have Morahan.
I assume we are losing Cullet too.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yes Cuttlet is the Bader. BUt you would have to be mad to leave now. with Digby and Drew going turner broke Mafi off JOC (James O'Connor) being moved to 10 and shipperly all at sea. It will be between him Speight and Tomane for the 2 wing spots. Unless the money is stupid talk and you couldnt refuse it.........

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
If Folau stays with the Waratahs there's a fair chance that they won't chase Beale as well, am I the only one thinking that he would be an excellent pick-up for the Force and relatively cheap given recent indiscretions? It could be the best thing for both parties.

M

Moono75

If Folau stays with the Waratahs there's a fair chance that they won't chase Beale as well, am I the only one thinking that he would be an excellent pick-up for the Force and relatively cheap given recent indiscretions? It could be the best thing for both parties.
As much as we wish Beale well, we don't need his issues at the Force. The club has a new team culture in place, just look what happened to Mafi as an example.

Beale has been given a lot of chances and needs to demonstrate some maturity over an extended period of time before he gets a shot. He would be better off closer to his family support structure anyway.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
If Melbourne is too far away from his family in Sydney, why would he cross the Nullarbor and be even further away from them.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'd be happy with Beale. I'd also be happy without Beale.

Maybe someone like Matt Hodgson as a captain/mentor would be good for him. Sometimes all you need is a new environment to get over your issues. The Force don't have any young rock stars in the team that are likely to encourage him to go nuts.

I doubt he'd be cheap though. If his salary is too low, he will piss off overseas or to league.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
i think he will want 'redemption' and to prove he can do it and will also want another shot at a world cup. i think he will stay in rugby, but he will have to accept that after these past couple transgressions his dollar value is down across both codes. he won't get the same money if people now see a risk he will be suspended for punching his mates etc etc or has an alcohol issues...whatever you think about this problem before hand, for all intents and purposes, he now has 'stint in rehab' on his resume.
he's going to have to earn a bit back when he does return.
i think he should stay in melbourne. i dont think there are any influences there that wouldn't be elsewhere. he's 24/25. he's got to learn to grow up on his own. he's got to take responsibility for his own actions and i think that is a reality whether he's in sydney or in melbourne - and let's face it, the kid makes a mint, if he needs his mom down, he can fly her down and put her up for a couple weeks.

Woodenspoon

Herbert Moran (7)
Imo Force don't need Beale.
It is a important for us to keep off-contract players like Faulkner, Cummins, Dellit and Rasolea. Once done this, the only position in the backline where I'd have more depth is n.13, where there could be potentially lot of options. I guess handy players like Mike Harris, Andrew Smith or McCabe are tired of spending time on the bench.
Then we should fix our forward pack, which is more important.

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
I have just read that Dane Haylett Petty (who is now playing for Biarritz) has asked to be released from his last year contract to come back in Australia where is father is having health problems.
I believe his familly is based in Perth so why not a come back to the Force?

M

Moono75

That would be ace. We have had real trouble finding the right fullback and I'm not sure DHP is the guy.
DHP made a few mistakes during his time at the Force. If he's developed during his time in France he's got the speed to be a wing option.

M

Moono75

Perfect winger to match with morahan and hopefully cummins

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
Hopefully the Badger making the Wallabies squad shows him he doesn't need to be over East to be noticed.

Hoolly Doolly

Fred Wood (13)
Brownie deserves a top up. I will shake his hand and wish him the best.
DHP has developed his game a fair bit since he left. Would be Awesome seeing 10. Holmes 12 Godwin 15 DHP. Only missing Justin Turner at 9 to complete an all West Australian core in the backline.

Status
Not open for further replies.