• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caputo

Ted Thorn (20)

I am intrigued with the AUS 20's last year and there was a lot of available to return. Ollie Hoskin is one, Corey Thomas seems one by age but is he in the hunt for Aus 20 this year. Are there any others on that list

M

Moono75

Great to see the Honey Badger have a great game for the Wallabies. He is the type of player that will reap the benefits from his exposure to the national team and the competition at the highest level. His confidence will soar and that bodes very well for the Force in 2013. Similar to what happened to Drew Mitchell when he cracked the Wallabies line up and turned into a try scoring machine. HBs direct running style into contact is awesome. Contrast that to Digby where he seems to be stutter stepping too much these days trying to beat the man and doesn't have the momentum going forward.

M

Moono75

Hopefully the Force will play him on the wing. He did get a fair run in the centres last year but I guess that was also due to injury cover etc. I trust the Force coaching staff will be busy planning how to unleash the Badger and Mafi in tandem for next year.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Know this is a fan!

^^

The Emirates Western Force has kicked off its membership season for 2013! We want to recognise our keenest members of the Sea of Blue - if you know a fanatical Force fan, email us at media@rugbywa.com.au

Today we're introducing inaugural member Jo Page! Watch the lengths that Jo has gone to support her beloved Force here:

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
^^ great charater Jo is. she is a very active member over on TWF (Hertryk) as well as being a massive Force fan she is also the Other Women in Sharpies life ;) she wishs that is.

Floggn'

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Your right digby isnt using the same locomotive technique from last year but i think he is a bit burned out and will be better for the rest

I've heard that his knees are absolutely shot, and thats one of the main reason form is down especially last half of the season.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Introducing Scrum Tech.
Scrum.jpg

http://twitter.com/gizmology/status/271836575728537600/photo/1

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Defence guru completes Force team

Nick Taylor, The West Australian November 24, 2012, 9:32 am

The final piece of the Western Force coaching jigsaw will be put in place on Monday when defence guru David Wessels arrives at the club.
Wessels is one South Africa's best defensive tacticians and helped turn the Cape Town-based Stormers into Super Rugby's tightest defensive side.
He was used by Brumbies coach Jake White last season, spent time with the Western Province under-21 side and helped the University of Cape Town to their first Varsity Cup title last year.

He joins backs and attack coach Steve Meehan, strategy and kicking coach Philip Fowler and forwards coach Nick Stiles.
Coach Michael Foley said Wessels had a passion for defence that set him apart from other coaches.
"He gets players to see the defence aspect of the game in a different way," Foley said.

Foley, who worked with UK premiership club Bath, the Wallabies and Waratahs, has brought a wealth of international experience to his coaching team.
Meehan also spent time at Bath and at Stade Francais in France.
Fowler, a sports psychologist who joined from the Queens- land Reds, worked with Wallabies coach Eddie Jones during the 2003 World Cup campaign, as well as with Ewen McKenzie at the Waratahs.

See more: http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/rugby-union/15465071/defence-guru-completes-force-team/

That would have to be the strongest coaching team among the Australian super 15 teams surely?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Aside from the head coach if we're referring to their most recent achievements ;)
I think Foley will find his feet with the Force.

We aren't as discerning/demanding as the NSW public. We will take a win however it comes. We are the sort of backwards hick public who could glory in winning ugly.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)

We aren't as discerning/demanding as the NSW public. We will take a win however it comes. We are the sort of backwards hick public who could glory in winning ugly.
Yep, I don't dispute that either, that Foley will come good here in the West, but I do understand where Waratah fans come from.
I hope this coaching team can establish a culture of success and appealing rugby here, better late than never I guess.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

What are you talking about?

Most NSW fans seem to think that running the ball from anywhere on the field and turning down all penalty kicks to go for a try is how the Tahs should play.

Whilst they might be demanding, the bulk of Tahs fans aren't discerning.

Status
Not open for further replies.